A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Need Basket ideas for Fundraiser Auction

Re: Need Basket ideas for Fundraiser Auction
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #917737 by FloridaFour
Jan 13, 2016 1:09pm
Board
Another idea (which may not work in your situation), some teachers I know plan an outing with a student and 2-3 of their classmates. One time it was a birthday party at a local business and included a bus ride there after school. Another time it was an afternoon of ice cream and putt-putt golf. Scheduled at a mutually convenient time between "May 16 and Sept 16" (each teacher had set their date range). Sounds like you need to offer an Xbox tourney or similar?

Another teacher offered an overnight party at the school in the gym (kickball, volleyball). Maybe your group wants an all-nighter (or a late night) in the computer lab?

Then there is "principal for the day" where a child gets to read the announcements, go out to lunch (off campus) with principal and make a special rule for the day (e.g. Gum is allowed).
Reply to: #917720 by FloridaFour
Jan 13, 2016 2:39pm
Board
It doesn't have to be letterboxing right? A popular gift box in our neck of the woods is a "Movie basket". A large popcorn bowl (bought at a discount store), some popcorn kernels, an age appropriate dvd, and maybe a gift certificate to a cinema. They usually go very quickly for way above what you paid for it. Just make it pretty. Just an idea.
Reply to: #917720 by FloridaFour
Jan 13, 2016 5:28pm
Board
I am a retired teacher who was so blessed to have amazing parents. A few parents gave baskets for gifts. One of my favorite basket was a home movie night theme. There was a big bowl (instead of a basket) with microwave popcorn, boxed candy, small bottles of pop, and a gift card to Walmart or Target to pick up a movie for my family. It was all wrapped in cellophane and the tag was a message about important family memories. Priceless - and I still remember the wonderful family who presented it to me.