Register · Login

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: can i count this as a find

can i count this as a find
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Apr 14, 2015 9:02am
Board
I planted 4 letterboxes for my daughters family. This past weekend i joined them in their search, when we found the last letterbox inside we found a small bag with a stamp and notebook inside. It's called "A Sign Of Summer" with the letters HH..

I looked it up and i believe its a hitchhiker box. The first one we have ever found. My question is, even though i planted the boxes can I still record finding the hitchhiker bag that we found?
Re: can i count this as a find
Reply to: #895035 by denvered
Apr 14, 2015 9:05am
Board
Absolutely. That is indeed a hitchhiker and you can log the find and move it along to another letterbox. Be sure it was stamped into your letterbox's logbook and be sure to stamp it into the logbook of the letterbox you leave it in.

K
Reply to: #895036 by Kelsung
Apr 14, 2015 9:09am
Board
we will definetely do that. we were so excited to find that and are looking forward to putting it in another box somewhere. Thanks for your reply
Reply to: #895035 by denvered
Apr 14, 2015 10:12am
Board
You can count it as a find :) and since it is your first found HH, it might be helpful to read up on how HH'ers are suppose to be stamped in the logbook of the box they were put in and the stamp of the host box should be stamped in the HHers logbook.

This can be confusing to even seasoned HH finders. :)

To me the whole point of a HitchHiker is to see in it's logbook where it has traveled to.
Reply to: #895037 by denvered
Apr 14, 2015 12:45pm
Board
To register finding it on AQ select Letterboxes at the top toolbar, then record find, then enter the name and change type from traditional to HH.