Board
The original post was from 2015...
Re: ads popping up
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #977406 by photopam
Jul 18, 2019 8:22am
Board
Well crap. lol

Someone responded today so I started responding and never noticed the date. Hate that!

I see several people fell for it. LOL
Reply to: #977407 by MissMoon
Jul 18, 2019 8:39am
Board
I see several people fell for it. LOL

Oh I noticed it, I just wasn’t going to let a little thing like the date stop me from having a little fun! 😎
Reply to: #977408 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jul 18, 2019 12:22pm
Board
Oh I noticed it, I just wasn’t going to let a little thing like the date stop me from having a little fun! 😎

So like, I wonder if they ever downloaded adblock. lol
Reply to: #977395 by VanGo
Jul 24, 2019 6:54pm
Board
Is that why my home page is covered with photobucket ads? Because I didn't pay my $39 this year? Just wondering.

There are no ads on the home page--doesn't matter if you're a premium member or not.

Well, okay, there is an "ad" for Walking 4 Fun, but that's my website. Not like anyone is paying me to display that one. ;o)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #977696 by Green Tortuga
Jul 24, 2019 7:25pm
Board
Thanks for replying, Ryan. I do appreciate all you do. So it looks like the Frank Lloyd Wright theme is compromised. I don't know how others see it, but when I see it, it's covered with little photobucket ads. Too bad, being an FLW fan, I loved that background. I guess it must be a virus or something. I changed to the Tennessee theme and it's fine.
Reply to: #977698 by VanGo
Jul 24, 2019 9:14pm
Board
So it looks like the Frank Lloyd Wright theme is compromised.

I've never made a FLW theme, so I looked at the themes on AQ and found that it was someone else's creation. Looks like they host their photos on PhotoBucket. I don't really know anything about how PhotoBucket works, but I'm assuming they're using a free account and all of their images get the PhotoBucket watermark.

It's not a virus or anything, though. It's just PhotoBucket wanting to get paid for hosting photos. It's what they do. *shrug*

It's also probably not the best place to use for hosting images that you don't want watermarks on.

-- Ryan