A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: The Rules

Re: The Rules
Board: Rules and Variants
Reply to: #876696 by Topcollector
Nov 14, 2014 4:29pm
Board
Oh, and what do I do with the miniature cards?
Reply to: #876696 by Topcollector
Nov 14, 2014 5:54pm
Board
I have set up the board and have 2 cards I don't know what to do with -- The Driver and Boxing Buddy.

Those are starter cards. You can leave them aside unless you are playing with the Team Boxer or the Buddy Boxer.

Oh, and what do I do with the miniature cards?

The little cards are the randomizer deck. You can leave them aside for now.

Also, does the last player to play get the top starting eevil card to discard in his deck and then the next one is turned over, or does someone have to buy the eevil card.

Someone has to buy the card for the next one to be revealed.

Let's say someone buys the trinket eevil card. At that time does everyone discard a card right then

Nope, they just put it in their discard, finish their turn, and then the next Eevil card is revealed and attacks. Revealing an Eevil card triggers the Eevil Attack ability, but all the other abilities (+3 ink, draw a card, etc.) only take place when they are played.

the next eevil card is revealed and just sits there until someone decides to buy it?

The next card will attack once and then will just sit there. Although, the Eevil card in the expansion will attack more then once -- more to come on that later.

Is the discard pile face up?

Each player has their own discard pile and they are face up.

and it's getting kind of confusing

Sorry, I know it's sub-optimal to have to use an instruction sheet that's still being written but as of a couple nights ago it's almost done. I just need to write up the attack/defend stuff and then go back and double-check everything else. I apologize for the wait.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PyRJto0F92oO04GKeIVl-vLh2LFJgX0lVbC1nQjXqx8/edit

I paper-covered & lined my box. It turned out pretty cute.

Care to share a picture?? :)
Reply to: #876711 by Aiphid
Nov 14, 2014 9:28pm
Board
I'll take a pic. in the morning & try to figure out how to post it. I know how to post, but how do I get the link here?
Reply to: #876733 by Topcollector
Nov 14, 2014 10:02pm
Board
You could put it in the AQ photo gallery and link it here. Or you can make a Google Doc and link it here.
Reply to: #876736 by The Wolf Family
Nov 15, 2014 7:14am
Board
Reply to: #876751 by Topcollector
Nov 15, 2014 8:18am
Board
That turned out great!! And you put in dividers! It's simple, functional, and very nicely done!
Reply to: #876765 by The Wolf Family
Nov 15, 2014 8:55am
Board
Thank you. The dividers are foam backing. They stand up by themselves.