A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Way to tag letterboxes?

Re: Way to tag letterboxes?
Board: New Members' Board
Reply to: #858229 by mitchellFamily
Jul 15, 2014 4:03am
Board
Do you see the little colored stars on the box page?
You can use these to mark a box for future reference.
When you want to easily find it again, use the Advanced Search.
At the bottom of this page you can specify all boxes you've marked with a colored star.

You can use the stars any way you choose.
And now a plug for Premium Membership: you get more stars (and other nifty gadgets.)
Reply to: #858230 by Grrly Girl
Jul 15, 2014 4:26am
Board
Hi mitchellFamily, and welcome.

Once you've tagged some boxes you can name your tags by clicking on Preferences in the My Page tab dropdown, then on Letterboxes to:
"Set your letterbox preferences—name your tags, set up default searches, and display options for clues".

If I'm planning a trip, I'll tag the boxes I want to try to find and name the color tag with the place we're going. If I print clues I tag the boxes green to remind me not to print them again. I use another tag for mystery letterboxes that I want to solve. Once it's solved I remove the tag.

If you run out of tags you can use two colors and then run an advanced search and save the search with a name describing the meaning of the two colors. But like Grrly Girl, said being a premium member and having more stars (8 colors instead of 4) is nice.
Reply to: #858230 by Grrly Girl
Jul 15, 2014 7:16am
Board
Cool! Thanks for the info. I also happened to LOOK at the bottom of the search results and actually saw a Tag functionality. Will have to play around with it.