About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Found 2

Found 2
Board: Postals
Jul 2, 2014 9:19am
Board
So in my mess of stuff I have come across 2 portals that have probably been there 4 years. I have no excuses - I am sorry. Fear I will find more. Feeling overwhelmed so I have not opened them, but it will be done by tomorrow.
Re: Found 2
Reply to: #855885 by S and D
Jul 2, 2014 9:37am
Board
Take a deep breath and eat that frog!!

I'm sure it will be a pleasant surprise for those postal owners when they resurface :)

Hugs!!!
Reply to: #855893 by Raven
Jul 2, 2014 10:07am
Board
Aren't you sweet, there was a time I did that- crazy. I'm on box 3 and have maybe 3,000 LTC that need sorted- putting that down at the bottom of the list! Just is slow going that is all. When I find more..... I start there. One thing at a time
Jul 2, 2014 11:05am
Board
That is my fear also that one day I will find someones postal lost in this house. Fear Not and take your time in sorting everything out. Enjoy your week and relax!
Reply to: #855895 by S and D
Jul 2, 2014 11:44am
Board
NO ONE is judging you!! life happens. What a cool thing if they get reunited with an owner. that would be seriously cool. . .

and like others have said, if you need help, there are those of us who will do that. really.

~tigs
Jul 2, 2014 12:18pm
Board
Do you know how many people disappear with postals to never be heard from again? You're taking a huge step by just saying you found some.

You've been through a LOT in the last few years. Take your time sorting through those boxes, remember the fun you had creating & enjoying those postals/LTCs. Any time a lost box can find it's way home is awesome, they have already been there for a while, another few days or weeks isn't going to hurt anyone.

As others have mentioned, if you need help, there are plenty of us willing to do so :)
Reply to: #855913 by Littlemonkey
Jul 2, 2014 1:59pm
Board
I have an empty room guest room, blank canvas for a work room, a small budget to make it work, and lots of craft boxes not just letterboxing stuff.

I will get done eventually - thanks
Jul 2, 2014 3:04pm
Board
One of the postals is Yolanda's. Have not opened it, but knew trail name right off :)
Jul 3, 2014 4:23am
Board
In the spirit of what everyone else said, I just got a little giddy thinking one maybe you have one of mine. I looked to see 8th we had been in any trackers together. We have.

Missing Postal Tracker.

And that right there, my life in a nutshell!
Jul 3, 2014 6:25am
Board
Update:

Yolanda's was LTC
But the portals belonged to goose hunters and prairie dog.

So when those get out of here I will jump into a couple more. Doing just a few things at a time. Might seem silly that I just don't jump and get it done. This occurred due to great loss and all those emotions come back. Along with guilt of not evening looking at this for years. Please hang in there. If I have something I will let you know. No secrets.