A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Postage question

Re: Postage question
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #843804 by Early Risers
Apr 29, 2014 10:27am
Board
And they are all completely understandable, but sad. The world has changed alot, from even when I was a kid..... It's funny; my sister and I were talking just the other day about how we used to visit the PO when we were kids. We'd stop at the German Deli, get some free bologna, cut through the deli and out the back door and then into the back door of the PO. Sometimes, we'd play on the "boats".

And it's not like we lived in Mayberry!!! LOL

Jaxx
Reply to: #843772 by Early Risers
Apr 29, 2014 12:18pm
Board
Abbie Hoffman should have done a fact check with the postal service before publishing.

Oh, well, it made for a funny suggestion anyway. Personally, I just toss junk mail in the trash.
Reply to: #843849 by Kirbert
Apr 30, 2014 6:50am
Board
Personally, I just toss junk mail in the trash.

I shred it and put it in the compost bin. That way, the junk mail is helping me in my garden, not hurting me!
Reply to: #844018 by Sudoku Crazy
Apr 30, 2014 1:25pm
Board
Now that is a very GREEN way of handling junk mail. I luv it!
Reply to: #844065 by Water Lily
Apr 30, 2014 11:04pm
Board
It'd be even better if those junk mailers would be so kind as to print their unwanted blurbs on unbleached, recycled paper.
Reply to: #843772 by Early Risers
May 1, 2014 6:21am
Board
I don't put a brick on them. I just write a very polite, "No, thank you!" in magic marker on the applications, stuff them back into the envelope and send them back. I hope that works for the post office! I've been thinking it might just help save a job or two, given the volume of junk mail. It also seems as if I have been taken off a few of the lists since I started doing that, because I don't get as many junk mail things in my mailbox -- of course that could also just be because they've moved to email spam, instead! :)

Webfoot
Reply to: #844164 by Webfoot
May 1, 2014 7:49am
Board
My husband switches them around and sends them each other's offers.
Reply to: #844164 by Webfoot
May 1, 2014 10:24am
Board
I just put a "no circulars" sticker on my mailbox (called a "letterbox" here, but if I said that on these boards, I thought it might confuse people). The post office here doesn't deliver junk mail to you if you have a "no circulars" sticker.
Reply to: #843674 by LuLaHe
May 1, 2014 12:41pm
Board
That is what we, in the counseling profession, call Criminal Thinking. It may not hurt a lot of people, but it isn't right just the same. I am one to have it every now and then.
Reply to: #844209 by 55 Steps
May 1, 2014 8:16pm
Board
That's brilliant, 55 steps!
Reply to: #844018 by Sudoku Crazy
May 11, 2014 3:48pm
Board
I shred it and put it in the compost bin.

I take a black magic marker to all address info and reuse the envelope. It looks messy, but works. REUSE, i say ;)