A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Floating and/or Underwater Boxes

Re: Floating and/or Underwater Boxes
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #843467 by bluebirdlover
Apr 27, 2014 7:55am
Board
I have had the pleasure of needing to stick my hand into a real toilet bowl to retrieve some sort of needed object... Thank goodness those days are mostly past!!

In my case it was usually a comb that had flipped out of a back pocket. Now my hair is gone, so I haven't carried a comb for a decade.
Reply to: #843468 by LuLaHe
Apr 27, 2014 7:57am
Board
Need a good concentration of chlorine or bromine.
Reply to: #843419 by The Wolf Family
Apr 27, 2014 9:41am
Board
other people might like the idea and can use them where they like.

I don't know if she got the idea from you or thought the evil thing up on her own, but an unnamed boxer did the same and tossed the penny/stamp into a stream, laden with hundreds of naked pennies, running through a downtown mall in Salt Lake City. You had to nonchalantly (with absolutely no cover) sit by the stream and diddle your hand into the water searching for the correct penny, all the while dodging the suspicions of the overly-aggressive mall security. Very difficult to be inconspicuous as a 60+ gray-haired woman, who should know better, in the stream right in the middle of the mall! Talk about E-V-I-L! I guess I could have used one of my granddaughters, but they are really well-behaved and I doubt their parents would have appreciated me corrupting them in the name of letterboxing.
Reply to: #843491 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 27, 2014 10:12am
Board
You had to nonchalantly (with absolutely no cover) sit by the stream and diddle your hand into the water searching for the correct penny, all the while dodging the suspicions of the overly-aggressive mall security.

Hehehehe... I love it.
Reply to: #843358 by airstream dreams
May 9, 2014 11:53am
Board
You are absolutely BRILLIANT!

Love the idea. Just had to tell you that.