Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Patches

by outdoor girlsProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: T-shirts! Patches! Paraphernalia!
I perspnally prefer to sew them on, but iron ons can be sewn on. Please let me know if you create or have a patch made up. I would be interested in purchasing a couple. OG
by tuathaanProfileContactLogbookNote
Ditto. I sew them all on, even if it's an iron-on. I don't want to risk having gunk on my bag if I ever decide to take it off. Tuatha'an
by The Yorkshire TortoiseProfileContactLogbookNote
I have always sewn them on, hate that gunk. However with all these fancy waterproof/breathable backpacks now I hate to ruin my latest expensive purchase by making needle holes in it. I have taken to sewing my patches onto my car rug. YT
by Dilton MartianProfileContactLogbookNote
I always sew rather than stick. The backpack I currently use is quite thick material and would be almost impossible to sew. So I have sewn my badges to a widestrip of what I believe is called petersham ribbon (the stuff nurses belts used to made of)...
by IshProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a shirt. AP Schmidt (Janine Devine) taught me this trick when we were both at GS camp in the 80s. Pick a light-weight (wish I'd remembered this part) long, long _sleeved_ shirt of a color you can stand to wear year round. Hers was striped, mine...
by The Yorkshire TortoiseProfileContactLogbookNote
Ooo I like both those ideas, I fear some car rug unpicking is going to happen! YT
by Dilton MartianProfileContactLogbookNote
Good idea but what would put me off is that some badges/patches seem to be allergic to washing :-) Some fade or disintegrate after a couple washes. But as all LBing badges are top quality that won't be problem, will it?. DM
by SubRosaProfileContactLogbookNote
... That's brilliant! Then I could attach the ribbon with patches to whatever backpack I was using. Thank you for the idea! Mariette (dbltall of Team Garlic)