About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: This day in history - Birthdays

This day in history - Birthdays
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Nov 7, 2013 10:12am
Board
Jeremy London's twin brother, Jason, is an actor, too. Twenty years ago, he was in Dazed and Confused, as well as in the Aerosmith music video, Amazing. According to the IMDb, he is still working a lot. I forgot that he was in an episode of NCIS three years ago.
Re: This day in history - Birthdays
Reply to: #814552 by koalacat
Nov 7, 2013 10:58am
Board
Joni Mitchell is 70!! and still awesome. As close to an idol as I have...
Reply to: #814555 by artTrekker
Nov 7, 2013 11:04am
Board
Never been a Joni Mitchell fan myself. Just the other night on The Voice, though, James Wolpert sang "A Case Of You", and it was far and away the stellar performance of the evening. Didn't really expect that from Wolpert, he hadn't really stood out until that performance. It was so stirring that I had to look the song up, and found out it was a Joni Mitchell song. I liked Wolpert's rendition far better than Joni's, though. I didn't really care for James Blake's version, either.
Reply to: #814552 by koalacat
Nov 7, 2013 11:23am
Board
Since we are on the subject of birthdays today, can we all wish idlemoon a very Happy Birthday? :) thanks!!!
Reply to: #814560 by Blue Delft
Nov 7, 2013 1:42pm
Board
can we all wish idlemoon a very Happy Birthday?

Of course! She is awesome. I hope I get back to the Philly area to see her again and Sheba, too!

Happy Birthday!
Reply to: #814557 by Kirbert
Nov 7, 2013 5:42pm
Board
I had to look the song up, and found out it was a Joni Mitchell song.

Like her or not, she's written a lot of music that others made popular (as did Dolly Parton).
"Both Sides Now" and "Chelsea Morning" (Judy Collins) "The Circle Game", Buffy Sainte-Marie and "Woodstock" (Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young). A very talented lady!

~~Doublesaj~~
Reply to: #814598 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Nov 7, 2013 8:20pm
Board
"A Case of You" is one of those songs lots of singers are drawn to cover. Diana Krall? check. Tori Amos? check. In addition to the ones Kirbert mentioned, and many lesser knowns as well. Personally, I like to cover "The Urge for Going" (Wassa, keep it zipped; in spite of the lamentable title, it's a great--but lesser known--song, and the hook works).

She's also a proficient painter, and I admire and am inspired by all her work, musical and artistic.

I love that there are so many choices of preferences and creativities in the world--you don't have to like something to respect it, or to be moved by someone's story. Just look at our own community.

Wondering whose birthday will come up tomorrow?

aT