How about 20 years and going strong.

Really,why does it need a theme?

Shiloh.
Re: Potential Themes for L&B XX..should we end up hosting it
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #811421 by Renegades
Oct 20, 2013 3:32pm
Board
Since I'm an honorary Texan...does that mean I am automatically a renegade or is there something special I need to accomplish first?
Reply to: #811449 by 4EyesMcGee
Oct 20, 2013 6:19pm
Board
Do a search for boxes on LBNA for boxes planted by Renegades. It seems they have recently discovered AQ and are stirring up trouble here as well! Now I've gone and spilled the beans....
Reply to: #811426 by shiloh
Oct 20, 2013 6:23pm
Board
Well we need themes for the boxes! Lets see...how many boxes do we need to qualify for "everything's bigger in Texas"? Or wait...maybe the stamps need to be bigger! Gonna need some BIG Lock N Locks...
Reply to: #811482 by System
Oct 20, 2013 6:39pm
Board
You are one mean Clown LB Bozo! Leave those little bears alone, they are nice!
How about this for a theme:
Ghost of letterboxers past
Weddings of ghoulish creatures
Throwing mean clowns out of the big top
Endangered Species: Little Bears and Eagles

Now, those Renegades, I'm not so sure about. Rowdy bunch I'm sure!

President of the Save the Baby Bears Club
Blue butterfly
Reply to: #811418 by System
Oct 20, 2013 7:02pm
Board
How about NativTxns, I mean Native Texans? People, Products, etc. that originated in the Lone Star State.
Reply to: #811489 by NativTxn
Oct 20, 2013 7:05pm
Board
It worked for New England.
Reply to: #811491 by Open Space
Oct 20, 2013 7:46pm
Board
What was the theme? I guess I was so overwhelmed looking @ your & NLW's images, I didn't actually look at the clue book! I vote for children's stories because it's something everyone everywhere can relate to and because I already have some ideas in the works for that!

And I ditto NativTxn's comments about your event. You rock. Even when you're snotty. I mean, sick.
Reply to: #811418 by System
Oct 20, 2013 9:51pm
Board
How about a series honoring all the sites who are hosting events on April 1, 2014 to get folks in the Texas spirit? :)
So far, at least, that would be CA, NY, GA, MI and IN ...
Is hosting one of these events an automatic qualifier for Honorary Texan?
Reply to: #811509 by Team Awesome Pants
Oct 20, 2013 11:12pm
Board
How about a series honoring all the sites who are hosting events on April 1, 2014 to get folks in the Texas spirit?

I could host one here in Arkansas but I'd be the only one to show up. :)

Shiloh
Reply to: #811551 by System
Oct 21, 2013 9:44am
Board
Drat! My 15 seconds passed too quickly! First I wasn't, then I was, then I never was?!
Reply to: #811551 by System
Oct 21, 2013 10:56am
Board
I know.... I signed up and then it disappeared!!!!

Wendy
Reply to: #811629 by Wendy
Oct 21, 2013 12:00pm
Board
Not surprised with anything that involves these clowns. Just glad IRA Boxer does not get involved, or Texas is sunk. We Live & Breath Texas should be a great event. May be hot in Texas, but an all night-boxing event could be fun! Let's see. Floating on the Guadalupe with margaritas all day, then boxing all night!!!
Reply to: #811656 by System
Oct 21, 2013 12:52pm
Board
He also said it was uncool for me to have unwilling participants in my prank. Wouldn't be much of a prank if everyone knew about it.

I do not find it at all funny that someone would list a fake event with me as the owner. I had nothing to do with such a lame "prank" and want no part of it, yet you dragged me into it anyhow. I'm not even sure how listing fake events all over the country could be considered funny in the first place, but hey, some people think calling in fake bomb threats is funny, so perhaps we just have a difference of opinion on the matter.

I asked you to stop posting fake events (which does not seem like an unreasonable request). Get over it. Had you bothered to take two seconds to shoot me an email about your plans, maybe I would have been more agreeable to it. Or at least you'd have learned ahead of time that I'd frown on the posting of fake events. I've deleted fake boxes in the past--I'm not sure why you'd think fake events would get a free pass.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #811650 by Baby Bear
Oct 21, 2013 1:17pm
Board
Now that sounds like fun!!!!!

Wendy.... off to see how far
Guadalupe is from Kerrville
and Bandera
Reply to: #811650 by Baby Bear
Oct 21, 2013 4:42pm
Board
Actually, that isn't a bad idea...sleep the hot hours away and box all night long. That would be interesting...don't think that's ever been done. Although that first night would be rough for us lame-o's that go to bed by ten.
Reply to: #811520 by shiloh
Oct 21, 2013 4:44pm
Board
Shiloh - one of these days - you should host an event...just let us know way ahead of time so we can all make plans and we will all descend upon Arkansas. If you do it, we will come.

4eyes
who's never been to Arkansas
Reply to: #811509 by Team Awesome Pants
Oct 21, 2013 4:48pm
Board
I can't believe you were all bamboozled by the clown and didn't actually know about it. I thought you were all co-conspirators....or am I being bamboozled and you are playing dumb. I am so confused... but thought it was a fun thing to see - it was on April fool's day after all...and I'm sure those pranksters would have deleted it eventually themselves.
Reply to: #811483 by Open Space
Oct 21, 2013 4:54pm
Board
So, besides waterproof logbooks, we'll need to make sure they are the XX Large sized ones to boot in order to fit the ginormous stamps people will be carving.

4eyes
who has some cereal box sized L-N-L's with Texas' name on them
Reply to: #811736 by 4EyesMcGee
Oct 21, 2013 5:00pm
Board
...and I'm sure those pranksters would have deleted it eventually themselves.

Nope - We don't have the authority to delete events! ;o)

Pete
Reply to: #811668 by Green Tortuga
Oct 21, 2013 5:11pm
Board
I just thought it was something silly that somehow was a round-robin building on whoever signed up for whatever event it was, in that the newest sign-up was always replaced as host by the next person signing up. With the April 1st date, I really truly thought you were in on it somehow, Ryan, and that all would be made clear in good time. I received a notice an event was being held in Indiana and I jumped on the sign-up. Then, yes, all the sudden, I was listed as hosting it.

I signed up for all the events, thinking the story would move along in development, getting us closer to what the real silly thing was at the bottom of the pile. Being listed as host allowed me to edit the Indiana event, so in an effort to play along, I edited the Indiana event to add the line about "where would it take place" and set out the states that were listed at that time.

I would like to think that whoever it is did not really intend harm, even if it wasn't as well thought-out as perhaps it could have/should have been, and I'm sorry that ill will was created as a by-product. Is my middle child status showing here in this peacemaking attempt?
Reply to: #811736 by 4EyesMcGee
Oct 21, 2013 5:43pm
Board
it was on April fool's day after all...

The thing is--there are legitimate events that happen on April Fools Day. Just ask Wassa--he knows all about those. *nodding*

...and I'm sure those pranksters would have deleted it eventually themselves.

Perhaps, but I don't know that because nobody ever gave me a head's up about the "prank" or how long it would last. I didn't think it was a particularly funny prank, but even if I did, it's still a good idea to give a heads up to admins and moderators so they don't inadvertently do something to ruin it. Things like fake boxes and fake events are going to get deleted as soon as their discovered if we aren't in on it--that's what admins and moderators are for!

I would like to think that whoever it is did not really intend harm

I would agree with that. =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #811755 by Green Tortuga
Oct 21, 2013 6:26pm
Board
I totally understand your frustration...it would've been a good idea to give you a heads up about it. But, I have to say, it did make me chuckle when I saw it. I didn't realize you were hosting one....I would've signed up for that event, too. And when I contacted two of the people, the CA and IN ones, and got mysterious replies of not knowing what I was talking about, I began to think it was quite the conspiracy, and that I was somehow being pranked within the prank.

4eyes
conspiracy theorist
Reply to: #811769 by 4EyesMcGee
Oct 21, 2013 8:44pm
Board
Can we just focus on the real issue..........Oh crap, I forgot what it was. Oh yeah, themes for L&BT XX!
Reply to: #811520 by shiloh
Oct 29, 2013 10:27pm
Board
As soon as someone buys our house we are moving to NW Arkansas, so there'll be two of us at your event. Pretty much just like the last Arkansas gathering we attended... : )