About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Tracking sticker insanity

Tracking sticker insanity
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Oct 11, 2013 12:41pm
Board
I bought tracking because two of my trackers recently went m.i.a.
Id never bought it before so I didnt know. I didnt think about it. But they slapped a huge sticker on the envelope!!!!
And another one for 11cents because i didnt have enough postage.
~~~~~breathe!~~~~~~
So, I prepare where the stamps go, & where the label goes, & I prepare the flap on the back.
But what about all THIS madness!!!??? There is no room left to prep on the envelope for something that size.

Maybe prep it so the whole front comes off at once?
Awe hell. I dont know!

~cc
Re: Tracking sticker insanity
Reply to: #809929 by crosscresent
Oct 11, 2013 12:48pm
Board
It is a mess, I agree. I've had a few of these, lately. I cover the entire front of my envelope in tape, but even with that, it is hard to remove those buggers. If you added a second strip in addition to the entire front being covered in tape, they might be able to grab that strip of tape and pull the tracking label off...BUT.. the more tape you add, you may end up with more postage. I would just cover the front of the envelope and let it fly....

Sorry you have had TWO packages go MIA. I think I would cry!
Reply to: #809929 by crosscresent
Oct 11, 2013 2:30pm
Board
Maybe prep it so the whole front comes off at once?

I put extra tape on the side of the labels because that's where they ALWAYS have placed it before. Today I was prepared for it with the extra tape..guess what..they found a new place for the label today. Back at square one.. I wonder if I could put little tabs like "place tracking label here"..
Reply to: #809943 by Only Dreaming
Oct 11, 2013 4:26pm
Board
I wonder if I could put little tabs like "place tracking label here"..

And just beneath that is where they'll place it, lol. Like "pictures, please don't bend" which always get bent to fit in your mailbox!
Reply to: #809958 by Raven
Oct 11, 2013 5:54pm
Board
Like "pictures, please don't bend" which always get bent to fit in your mailbox!

Have you been checking my mail??? I just got my "Photos, please don't bend" envelope on Tuesday... bent and shoved into my mailbox of course.
Reply to: #809965 by Dizzy
Oct 11, 2013 8:25pm
Board
Sometimes I think it is better off, "Photos, please place on doorstep!!!!!"