A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Mysterious reactivation

Re: Mysterious reactivation
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #809902 by Green Tortuga
Oct 11, 2013 9:26am
Board
Thanks - that makes sense. I think I like turkey feathers' explanation better though!
Reply to: #809878 by TrailTroll
Oct 12, 2013 9:26pm
Board
Wasn't this one a limited time lb?
Reply to: #810074 by 3Daydreamers
Oct 13, 2013 2:17am
Board
It's limited time because the clue says it is only available May to Aug.
Reply to: #810086 by Kelsung
Oct 13, 2013 11:05am
Board
And for that reason, I've always found the "limited time" attribute a bit confusing. To me, "limited time" should mean that it'll only be available for a little while and then it'll be gone forever. If it's extended to mean that it's only available for a little while and then it'll be gone until next year, where does it stop? Are boxes that are only available Monday through Friday "limited time"? How about those that are only available during daytime? Or those that are available on all days except Christmas and Easter?
Reply to: #810123 by Kirbert
Oct 13, 2013 11:20am
Board
If it's extended to mean that it's only available for a little while and then it'll be gone until next year, where does it stop? Are boxes that are only available Monday through Friday "limited time"? How about those that are only available during daytime? Or those that are available on all days except Christmas and Easter?

You're over-thinking things, Kirbert. =) If it's available more often than not, it's not a limited time box. If it's only available for short period of time with long stretches of unavailability, then it's a limited time box. Even boxes that are only available M-F are more about limited hours than limited "time."

-- Ryan
Reply to: #810127 by Green Tortuga
Oct 13, 2013 12:36pm
Board
You're over-thinking things, Kirbert. =)

when did Kirbert start overthinking things ? : )
Reply to: #810086 by Kelsung
Oct 13, 2013 9:06pm
Board
Oh, I see that now... I hadn't looked at the clue before, just the "limited time" icon. I always thought that was used when a box was only available for a limited time and then retired. Thanks! : )
Reply to: #810123 by Kirbert
Oct 14, 2013 12:25am
Board
Once again, people are making use of words and phrases in ways that do not fit Kirbert's personal definition. This has just got to be stopped. How dare anyone expect us to read the clues and think for ourselves rather than skim some icons and immediately understand every detail.

If a double amputee held a carving tool in his teeth to make a stamp, is he still allowed to use the "hand-carved" icon?

K
Reply to: #810287 by Kelsung
Oct 14, 2013 8:34am
Board
If a double amputee held a carving tool in his teeth to make a stamp, is he still allowed to use the "hand-carved" icon?

Damn straight they do!!!! More power to 'em, too....
Reply to: #810338 by Okie Dog
Oct 15, 2013 8:19am
Board
I would be so tempted to use the word of mouth icon if I were a double amputee. To mean mouth carved.