A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: sweetloveqiner

sweetloveqiner
Board: State: Virginia
Oct 11, 2013 3:56am
Board
VA, MD, DC folks -
is anyone else interested in trying the rubber stamp carving blocks from sweetloveqiner?

While each block is $2.99, shipping is high ($4 for one block, $10 for four blocks, $22 for ten blocks). At least sharing the postage would make it a bit more manageable.

So, here's my proposal: let me know if you're in, and for how many blocks by Monday 10/14. I'll order, and then distribute at the Reindeer Roundup event, or sooner, if I see you before then -

Thanks-
Laura/paper trail
Re: sweetloveqiner
Reply to: #809877 by paper trail
Oct 11, 2013 2:33pm
Board
I bought them, although mine are bigger than these look, and I think Kirbert got some. I haven't carved on them yet, they are VERY heavy, thus the high postage. I got a dark pink & dark purple & I'm not sure if the transfer is going to show up. We'll see. It did take a long time to get them, I think over 2 weeks.
Oct 11, 2013 5:36pm
Board
What about getting the larger blocks? 15x10 cm for $4.80 (instead of 5x5 cm)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/158838825/1pcs-rubber-stamp-carving-blocks?ref=shop_home_active
Reply to: #809962 by Night0wl
Oct 11, 2013 5:49pm
Board
Looks like shipping for the larger blocks is similar to the smaller blocks and per cm2 the cost is cheaper.
Reply to: #809962 by Night0wl
Oct 12, 2013 6:26am
Board
Glad to get the larger blocks - looks like we could do either for anyone interested in a small or large sample, and postage would still be divided to help defray it -
Reply to: #809993 by paper trail
Oct 12, 2013 6:11pm
Board
Thanks for organizing the order :)
Also, here is the link to Kirbert's analysis of this material:
http://www.atlasquest.com/boards/message.html?gMsgId=806199
Reply to: #809993 by paper trail
Oct 12, 2013 11:04pm
Board
Sure, I'd like to try it out. Larger blocks are better. Seems like there might have been a white-only option for the same price...? But maybe I'm misremembering.

(I owe you an email!)
Oct 13, 2013 4:21am
Board
I ordered four of the larger blocks last week before this message went out :) But I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on carving the stuff.