A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Peregrine Falcon Sighting!

Re: Peregrine Falcon Sighting!
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #809787 by The Merry Pranksters
Oct 11, 2013 8:21am
Board
You are so lucky, Pete!!! I've seen the ones that hang out in downtown Worcester. They really cut down on the pigeon population there. ;^)
Reply to: #809787 by The Merry Pranksters
Oct 11, 2013 4:28pm
Board
Hey! You didn't mention that I was with you and that it was the first time either if us has seen a falcon!! (Which was super fun for me, not just b/c of seeing the falcon, but also to be with Pete--a knowledgable bird guy--for his first time spotting one!!) :-)

~zess~
Reply to: #809959 by zess the treehuggers
Oct 11, 2013 6:24pm
Board
You didn't mention that I was with you

While searching out the "Birds of Breakheart" in Saugus on this BEAUTIFUL fall day, we
spied a Peregrine Falcon perched on the Pearce Lake island!

We would be "Me and my favorite treehugger", out for a hike on a GORGEOUS New England fall day!

and that it was the first time either if us has seen a falcon!! (Which was super fun for me, not just b/c of seeing the falcon, but also to be with Pete--a knowledgable bird guy--for his first time spotting one!!) :-)

YUP - First time ever! It was actually the different call which I heard that first peaked my interest. I'm glad we had binoculars in the BOTH backpacks, and we were lucky that it stayed perched for so long that we could get a great ID on it. I'm THRILLED that you were there with me to see it!!! ;o)

Pete
Reply to: #809899 by Rocklun
Oct 14, 2013 11:17am
Board
I've seen the ones that hang out in downtown Worcester.

Ooooh, I know where that is!

There was one that lived in the empty mill building where I used to live. Would see it's "left overs" (pile of feathers) every once in a while.

IrishInks