Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: image transfer

by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
What kind of printer are you using. Blender pens are xylene, and they work just like acetone. They are both solvents that seem to dissolve and soften the image, but they only work with laserjet images, and even then not all of them. And FF is right....
by lonnewsomProfileContactLogbookNote
One thing that makes acetone/laser transfers darker is to remove the paper when it is wet. If you wait until it is dry the toner re-adheres to the paper. Getting the paper that wet can result in some degradation (running) of the image. It also helps...
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
... Thanks for this bit of info. Here in the Sierra, everything dries *so* quickly. I just did a transfer for a good-sized stamp, and I think it'll work fine, but darker would have been better. I used a swab and swabbed top to bottom in a swath, after...
by connecticut croakerProfileContactLogbookNote
Thanks for all the advice! I use the printer at work specifically because it is a laser and my home printer is inkjet. Hence, why I can't use parchment paper, everyone gets nosy when someone uses non-standard paper. I think first, I am going to buy a...
by CookieCutterProfileContactLogbookNote
With acetone, you need to use a copier that uses toner. Also be sure to use 100% acetone, not regular nail polish remover. (it's in the same place at the store, just usually on a lower shelf) Rub the image with your fingernail or the edge of a letter o...