A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: First timer

Re: First timer
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #809495 by Sunia
Oct 8, 2013 3:57pm
Board
Does the image I choose need to reflect the location I hide it in or my name or some particular holiday/theme? Can I be somewhat random and just draw what I like?

All of the above! It's interesting to find a carve that is relevant to the area, but just as much fun to something creative and original. Do something that's meaningful to you. The rest of us will appreciate it for what it is, a work of art, no matter the subject!
Oct 8, 2013 4:20pm
Board
Carve ANYTHING you like!
Oct 8, 2013 4:35pm
Board
As an artist, I prefer to carve what I like.... then try if possible, to find a place to hide it. I'm not really into history, so I dont tend to carve historical things or places. Sometimes you can be creative with a story, and make the carve subject fit the trail or place you are at. But just have fun!
Reply to: #809501 by KO
Oct 8, 2013 7:56pm
Board
I had tto travel a long way to find my first box. If you plant a boxer will enjoy.
Oct 8, 2013 8:28pm
Board
Just be careful with words. So when you stamp, they arent backwards!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I still totally blunder on this because i sometimes carve right on the stuff with out having transfered an image. Im ridiculous! Haha!

Just have fun!
~cc
Oct 9, 2013 7:28am
Board
first carve

need to reflect

my name

Are you needing a signature stamp? If so, yes, your first carve might be your signature stamp, so reflect upon yourself for that one in some way...otherwise what they say...