About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit

Read Thread: Cemetary boxes

Cemetary boxes
Board: State: Ohio
Sep 17, 2013 7:18pm
Board
Oh, dear Ohio. I have been looking forward to the kids returning to school and the fall weather so I can go boxing. It's strange that most boxes seem to be in cemeteries, but that is/was okay by me. Greenlawn could keep me busy for a very long time.

So, what happened? Why have I not been out boxing?

I got hooked on Doctor Who this past summer. A few weeks back I watched the episode "Blink" and now I'm too damn afraid to go to a cemetery or anywhere with statues.

I'm seriously not joking.

WiseMama
Re: Cemetary boxes
Reply to: #805574 by WiseMama
Sep 17, 2013 7:34pm
Board
I am glad I have never seen it... I love to letterbox... And I love letterboxing in a cemetery. They don't talk to you or even talk back to you... Haha it's quite.
Reply to: #805582 by Spoiled Rotten
Sep 17, 2013 7:58pm
Board
I too haven't and won't see it. You might try garlic in your pockets!
Reply to: #805582 by Spoiled Rotten
Sep 18, 2013 7:40am
Board
They don't talk to you or even talk back to you... Haha it's quite.

Oh, they do talk to you...sometimes. They just don't use words.
I think I've told the story here before, but I'm not sure.
I was once in a country cemetery and looking for a headstone to photograph for family members. I had no idea where it was, but I knew the date of death so I kind of guessed the general area. I was looking all around and was about to give up when I heard the sound of wind chimes. (There was no wind.) When I turned in the direction of the wind chimes I was looking square at the headstone I hadn't been able to find before. I think the deceased knew I was there looking for him, to help connect his family to him and he wanted to tell me where he was.
Yea, they sometimes talk.
Reply to: #805574 by WiseMama
Sep 18, 2013 8:19am
Board
It helps to remember that cemeteries like Greenlawn were created to welcome family and community members who wanted to visit their deceased loved ones. People would take picnics, strolls, and family outings in cemeteries. Social places that bring back good memories and are filled with cultural history - no near to fear cemeteries.
Reply to: #805670 by Grumpy Grinch
Sep 19, 2013 10:45am
Board
Hi there, I'm new to letterboxing but when I read the initial post in this thread I was absolutely thrilled to run into a fellow Doctor Who fan :) Blink is the best episode to start with as an introduction! I've been a fan for over a year now and I will admit to sitting in front of my TV crying my eyes out. "Eleven's the best; you'll cry your eyes out."

Theresa
Reply to: #806023 by OneScaryGirl
Oct 11, 2013 1:50pm
Board
:) I'm not to Eleven yet. I am still at the parts just before Ten "dies". Now you have me scared to move on in the episodes! LOL!
Reply to: #809938 by KyserFamily
Oct 12, 2013 5:03am
Board
You've probably already seen it at this point. It's a Ten episode, Martha Jones is his companion.

WiseMama