Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Heat transfer

Re: Heat transfer
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #802209 by nosox
Sep 3, 2013 2:23am
Board
Heat transfer video on youtube

Thank you !!!!!! I also watched the other videos and they were all very helpful. I enjoyed the carving video with the gouge nibs and there was one using the knife. The carvers sure made it look easy. I'm sure with practice it will become easier. I recommend the new carvers watch this before they start.

GH
Reply to: #802206 by Granny Hummingbird
Sep 3, 2013 4:32am
Board
I do nothing but the heat transfer. Using a #2 pencil works much better than ink or printer ink. Trace over your image with a pencil. Then with a lowest iron setting, using the tip of the iron, iron the transfer on to the pink stuff. You don't have to iron to much. If you hold the paper to the pink stuff you can lift the corner and check if you have ironed it enough. If not just use the tip again in the areas that need it.

Good luck and happy carving.
Sep 3, 2013 9:32am
Board
Awesome!!! Thanks for the video. It was amazing and helps a lot.
Sep 3, 2013 1:19pm
Board
Ooh, I printed 3 patterns a work today. Going to try the heat method. I've always just used pencil & rubbing so far. This will be easier if it works. Won't have to trace all those fine lines.
Reply to: #802217 by Granny Hummingbird
Sep 3, 2013 1:23pm
Board
I watched the carving videos too. I agree the hardest part for me is deciding what to cut out and what to leave. Just messed up my tin man-left his body armor but cut out his hat. At least it's for an LTC so I can make it work.