Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Gouge Modification Photos

by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
I have posted a couple of photos of the K gouge: http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=3810 I intend to add more photos to this gallery. I'll post notes to this board when I do.
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
I just recently bought a right handed K gouge. Took a couple of minutes to get used to, but I think I've found a new friend! It is awesome!! I acquired a reverse recently and still haven't gotten the hang of that thing. Not sure what the heck Mrs....
by The Wolf FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
You can always send that reverse to me. :)
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
Or me :)
by RavenProfileContactLogbookNote
... I'm sure I will be, especially since it's for the greater good anyway!
Darn, replied too late :p
by bluebirdloverProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm gonna demand a lesson for using mine someday. After a good thumb wrestling tournament.....
You're on :)
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
... Or me. I'm really liking my new reverse. Time to try the K now.
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
you don't get a lesson in how to use your reversed. you just hand it over, nice and easy. . . after all, i know where you live. ~tigs (slowly. . . nicely. . .)
... Think you are gonna win, do ya? Muahahahahahaha!!
... Ya snooze, ya loose!!
by KhameleonProfileContactLogbookNote
... Me too! I bought the mini and a reverse #1. The mini was easy to use and will become my go-to gouge for fine detail. I'm having trouble with the reverse #1. I guess I got too used to knowing how much pressure to apply and when/where to stop wi...
by turkey feathersProfileContactLogbookNote
... psst, you using the sharp end?
by KhameleonProfileContactLogbookNote
... d'oh! I knew I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for clearing that up :P
... Umm...interesting typo there!?!?! Not only am I late, I am excessively available too... ;) You fight dirty :p
by WiseOldOwlProfileContactLogbookNote
... ... Man, I can't use either one! Some sort of moron effect seems to take over when either one is in my hand. I'm almost scared to try the K, even though it sounds like just what I need.
This gallery now contains one new pic of a K gouge as well as pics of reversed and miniaturized gouges and a 3U: http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=3810 I really wish it were possible to rearrange the photos into a deliberate p...
Perhaps some of the experienced reversed gouge carvers can chime in here, but I think there's probably a fundamental difference in style that determines whether a reversed will work for you or not. When using a regular V gouge, there are two methods t...
That's probably a pretty darn good assessment! I was pretty sure it was in the carving style but I couldn't explain it. I know I angle my gouge every which way. And for long wide cuts I pick up a normal #1. The reverse is for detail work. I've had...
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
... Weellll, if you name your photos "A. reversed" (or whatever you want first), then "B. mini" (or whatever you want second), etc., then arrange alphabetically, you should be able to arrive at your deliberate presentation.
Did you not see that Forayach said that he would thumb wrestle with me & then he would give me a NICE carving lesson! neener, neener, neener! Some folks are just nice. I can't say I'll run when you show up cause I'm still not fast enough. You'd overt...
I was hoping for the lesson whether I won or lost. Hoping the winner would feel sorry for the loser, if that is the way the thumb lands! ; )
... Oh be brave & give it a whirl! Then just send it off to Foraych if you can't get it to work! (or me!)
... Here's how it works: If I win, I get the reverse If I lose, you hand over YOUR reverse, and I'll give you a lesson(of course, I can't say that your reverse is ever making it back into your hands...)
... Wow! You are wicked. Where did you write about me pocketing YOUR reverse? Thought you had one did you???????
... Yes, I did seem to have left that part out, didn't I? I guess that would be a possibility IF I brought it with me. Thankfully, it will be safely elsewhere...
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
well, i'll give you a lesson too, and no thumb wars! that sounds WAY too violent. how's about just a nice cuppa tea, and a little walk, a carving lesson, and we call it good? how's that Boy o' yours? ~tigs
... Well, I don't think it's supposed to be but... Wolf *who likes to apply Calvin Ball "rules" to all games*
Those "Calvin Ball" rules really are great - maybe you can teach me those while I give a carving exhibition to bluebirdlover (and tigs sneaks your reverses from your stash). :)