Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Gouge Modification Photos

by KhameleonProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
psst, you using the sharp end? d'oh! I knew I must be doing something wrong. Thanks for clearing that up :P
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
Ya snooze, ya loose!! Umm...interesting typo there!?!?! Not only am I late, I am excessively available too... ;) You fight dirty :p
by WiseOldOwlProfileContactLogbookNote
The mini was easy to use I'm having trouble with the reverse #1. Man, I can't use either one! Some sort of moron effect seems to take over when either one is in my hand. I'm almost scared to try the K, even though it sounds like just what I need.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
This gallery now contains one new pic of a K gouge as well as pics of reversed and miniaturized gouges and a 3U: http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=3810 I really wish it were possible to rearrange the photos into a deliberate p...
Perhaps some of the experienced reversed gouge carvers can chime in here, but I think there's probably a fundamental difference in style that determines whether a reversed will work for you or not. When using a regular V gouge, there are two methods t...
by The Wolf FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
That's probably a pretty darn good assessment! I was pretty sure it was in the carving style but I couldn't explain it. I know I angle my gouge every which way. And for long wide cuts I pick up a normal #1. The reverse is for detail work. I've had...
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
I really wish it were possible to rearrange the photos into a deliberate presentation order rather than just chronologically or alphabetically. Weellll, if you name your photos "A. reversed" (or whatever you want first), then "B. mini" (or whatever you...
by bluebirdloverProfileContactLogbookNote
Did you not see that Forayach said that he would thumb wrestle with me & then he would give me a NICE carving lesson! neener, neener, neener! Some folks are just nice. I can't say I'll run when you show up cause I'm still not fast enough. You'd overt...
I was hoping for the lesson whether I won or lost. Hoping the winner would feel sorry for the loser, if that is the way the thumb lands! ; )
I'm almost scared to try the K, even though it sounds like just what I need. Oh be brave & give it a whirl! Then just send it off to Foraych if you can't get it to work! (or me!)
I was hoping for the lesson whether I won or lost. Hoping the winner would feel sorry for the loser, if that is the way the thumb lands! Here's how it works: If I win, I get the reverse If I lose, you hand over YOUR reverse, and I'll give you a lesson(...
ere's how it works: If I win, I get the reverse If I lose, you hand over YOUR reverse, and I'll give you a lesson (of course, I can't say that your reverse is ever making it back into your hands...) Wow! You are wicked. Where did you write ab...
Where did you write about me pocketing YOUR reverse? Yes, I did seem to have left that part out, didn't I? I guess that would be a possibility IF I brought it with me. Thankfully, it will be safely elsewhere...
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
well, i'll give you a lesson too, and no thumb wars! that sounds WAY too violent. how's about just a nice cuppa tea, and a little walk, a carving lesson, and we call it good? how's that Boy o' yours? ~tigs
and no thumb wars! that sounds WAY too violent. Well, I don't think it's supposed to be but... Wolf *who likes to apply Calvin Ball "rules" to all games*
Those "Calvin Ball" rules really are great - maybe you can teach me those while I give a carving exhibition to bluebirdlover (and tigs sneaks your reverses from your stash). :)
(and tigs sneaks your reverses from your stash). OMG!! Don't you DARN recruit Tigs!! As Igor's Assistant, I demand that you take my side!
OMG!! Don't you DARN recruit Tigs!! As Igor's Assistant, I demand that you take my side! Silly, Igor's Assistant! Tigs recruited ME - she is the one in charge, amazing you did not notice that for yourself! FORAYCH - Stirring, stirring, poking, and st...
Tigs recruited ME - she is the one in charge WHAT??? Who the heck put HER in charge??!! Hmmm... I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that...
When others view the gallery, would they see the photos in alphabetical order or in whatever their own default order is?
LOL!!! I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that... Here of course is who did: ???????
by artTrekkerProfileContactLogbookNote
When others view the gallery, would they see the photos in alphabetical order or in whatever their own default order is? dunno. Ryan? Wassa?
by tiggermamaProfileContactLogbookNote
i like you!!! ~tigs (*walking quietly around the Wolf*) by the way, if you strap BACON to any part of your body, that will help keep her attention.
I have just posted additional photos of the 2U, the 4 Short, and -- of all things -- a 0.5: http://www.atlasquest.com/gallery/viewalbum.html?gAlbumId=3810&gSortBy=alpha This link is better than the earlier version, because it goes ahead and sorts alp...
by Kurious JoProfileContactLogbookNote
{I'm 6'4" and 300 lb, no shortage of strength here} No way! I had you pegged for a medium-height skinny guy with a large-ish brainy head. Oh man, where did I get that image and how will I ever correct it??? Hope to meet you in person someday, Kirbe...
So where can we get the 2U and/or 3U? They are not listed on Stampeaz. They look great for cutting back on the mountain-topping part of carving. Even with the clear photos, I'm not sure which size is best. We have a #5 that looks to be the size of...
by WronghatProfileContactLogbookNote
I'm 6'4" and 300 lb, no shortage of strength here Thus is explained the plethora of cashew containers.
Oh duh I read the full description for the U3. It *is* smaller than our #5, right? Great!!! Now to figure out how to get them.
Yeah, Webfoot hasn't opted to start carrying the 2U or 3U. Jump on her case! No, the 3U is about half the size of a normal #5. The 2U is probably less than half the size of a 3U!
by WebfootProfileContactLogbookNote
Yeah, Webfoot hasn't opted to start carrying the 2U or 3U. Jump on her case! Consider her case jumped on. ;-) Kirbert, I'll be sending you a big box of goodies to play with very shortly. If you have a particular number of each you think I should i...