Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: CR new boxes and my loooooooooonnnnnnng lunch break!

CR new boxes and my loooooooooonnnnnnng lunch break!
Board: Region: Southeast
Mar 10, 2005 10:49am
Board
OK, I get really excited when Cherokee Rose plants a new box because I love the FF gifts that she makes and her stamps are always nice!
So this morning when I saw that she had planted 2 boxes, yesterday... And they're right down the road from my office, I got REALLY excited! Then realized that I didn't have my backpack (ie:logbook, stamp, etc.) :(
So after pondering the idea, I decided that I would drive 18 miles home to get my bag, 18 miles back to the park to get FF on these boxes... Even if I would be late back to work.
When I pulled up to the park I had 25 minutes before I HAD to be back!
I started walking towards the trails and the men working at the park were looking at me strange! Maybe because I am dressed in my office slack, sweater and heels! LOL!
I am running through the mud in heels and when I found the first box it seemed to take me forever to stamp in but I got thru it! The second box however - everything went wrong as to add to my lateness! The wind blew my baggies away (I got them back!) I got mud everywhere and dropped all of my markers! After stamping in I hauled booty back to the car and took my little Miata as fast as it could go to get back to work.
See I knew my boss had a meeting at 1pm and that I need to be here to great them. I have an hour for lunch - I left at 11:40 and didn't get back until 1:15, you do the math!
Anyway I am VERY EXCITED to have gottten FF on these and I will NEVER leave my bag at home again!
Great lunch, thank CR!!

Dee
Re: CR new boxes and my loooooooooonnnnnnng lunch break!
Reply to: #2846 by Dee and Abby
Mar 10, 2005 12:16pm
Board
Quote I decided that I would drive 18 miles home to get my bag, 18 miles back to the park to get FF on these boxes... Even if I would be late back to work.

LOL - this sooo much sounds like something I would do!! Way to go Dee!! Did you have time to clean the mud off your shoes before getting back to work??!!

Maine Mom of 123 Family
Re: CR new boxes and my loooooooooonnnnnnng lunch break!
Reply to: #2855 by She Runs
Mar 10, 2005 12:20pm
Board
Did you have time to clean the mud off your shoes before getting back to work??!!

NOPE!! I walked into the meeting with my boss and some developers and they HAD to ask! Where did you get all that mud on your shoes??? LOL

Dee