A Letterboxing Community

Search Edit Search

Read Thread: New Box

Re: New Box
Board: Country: Philippines
Reply to: #63204 by Crazyolis
Jan 14, 2007 5:10pm
Board
Quote Is everything else the same to add it as a plant? Do I follow the same directions?

Pretty much. City names can sometimes be tricky for international destinations since the locals might call it a different name than us English folks do. Usually, I tried to support our English-version of the city names rather than local names if I could, but I wasn't always able to distinguish between the two. There are aren't a whole lot of "cities" where you're going, so I think AQ only supports all of about a dozen or so for that country!

And for certain countries where I don't expect a lot of letterboxing activities (Iran, anyone?), I deliberately did not add all of the cities I found information for to help keep the database small and fast. No sense supporting cities that will likely never get used. So I only supported the largest few hundreds towns and ignored the rest. Consequently, for some countries, if a certain city isn't supported, I can add it manually as needed. All English-speaking countries and major tourist traps I supported every city I could find information about. It's the non-English-speaking countries and places where tourists rarely go that don't get as much support.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #63163 by Mr Yuk
Jan 24, 2008 8:36pm
Board
Mr. Yuk,

Is this box still there? I noticed someone attempted to find it last month. I'll be traveling to the Philippines soon and would like to find it!

2precious4u
Reply to: #179441 by TainoNY
Jan 25, 2008 2:43pm
Board
Mr. Yuk,

Is this box still there? I noticed someone attempted to find it last month. I'll be traveling to the Philippines soon and would like to find it!

2precious4u

I sent you a private message. That attempt was not really an attempt. Get back to me if you need anything.

- Yuk