Search Edit Search

Read Thread: Yesterday

Re: Yesterday
Board: Region: Southeast
Reply to: #2518 by Brook
Mar 2, 2005 7:58am
Board
The question is, can I stay away until the weekend

Hum.. It is tempting! Congratulations on your first HH...

CR
Mar 2, 2005 6:28pm
Board
Welcome Brook, looks like you are settling into this addiction nicely. I think the next step is figuring out how to ditch work to go boxing. Don't worry we're a nice support group who's all been there.

Boxdn the Boxing Nut of Metairie
Reply to: #2551 by BOXDN
Mar 3, 2005 3:54am
Board
Boxdn-I already have come back late from lunch cause I just HAD to seek out that one last box. So far I have found 12 boxes and a hitchhiker. Someone needs to plant a few dozen boxes near where I work.

Only 2 more days and then I can go out for a day of letterboxing again. I won't get a lot of boxes Saturday, because I will have a friend with me and many of the places we will visit are boxes I found last weekend. That's ok! I hope she will be as heavily addicted as I am before long.

Last night on the way home I FINALLY found the pink stuff and bought a pack of carving knives. It won't be very long (assuming I can do this carving thing) before I hide some boxes of my OWN!

Brook
Boxing
Reply to: #2569 by Brook
Mar 3, 2005 2:31pm
Board
It won't be very long (assuming I can do this carving thing) before I hide some boxes of my OWN!

Brook

YEAAAAAA I can hardly wait to have more boxs on this side of Atlanta!!

CR
Reply to: #2569 by Brook
Mar 3, 2005 2:53pm
Board
Quote Someone needs to plant a few dozen boxes near where I work.

Just let us know where that is, and I'm sure you'll have several within a couple of weeks!

Welcome to the hobby! You're making a nicely-addicted addition. Mwah-hah-haaa!

;)

Lady Buzz
Reply to: #2593 by Lady Buzz
Mar 4, 2005 4:19am
Board
Lady Buzz-

That is easy enough! I work near Peachtree Corners in Georgia. Boxes!!! I want boxes!!! More boxes!!!!

I am going out for a day of boxing tomorrow. I am meeting a friend at 9 and we are going to box til we drop. Most of the ones we will go to I already have, but I hope to get another 4 or 5 NEW ones in too!

And yes, I am nicely addicted. I no sooner get away from the store and I think of something else I just HAVE to have. I have the pink stuff-a couple of squares of it, carving knives, compass, book, stamp and pad (storebought-but I am gonna work on learning to carve SOON), hiking boots...

Next on the list are gloves, hiking stick, and more more more ink pads! Or those markers!!! After all, I don;t want to ALWAYS stamp in solid blue, right?

Just gotta get through today....

Brook
Hiding boxes
Reply to: #2590 by Cherokee Rose
Mar 4, 2005 4:20am
Board
I have sooo many ideas for where to put them, now to just come up with clues and stamps. I don;t mind using my store bought stamp for my personal stamp for awhile since it suits me so well, but I absolutely REFUSE to plant a box with a store bought stamp in it. That is just WRONG!

Brook
Re: Hiding boxes
Reply to: #2604 by Brook
Mar 4, 2005 6:46am
Board
I am SO GLAD to hear you say that! I am also up in the Cobb / Cherokee area Brook and can't wait for you to plant your boxes!!!

Dee
Reply to: #2608 by Dee and Abby
Mar 4, 2005 8:48am
Board
Pleased to meet you, Dee! Perhaps we can go hunting together at some point!

Box hunting, carving, creating clues, hiding boxes-so little time-so much to do!

Brook
Reply to: #2603 by Brook
Mar 4, 2005 9:44am
Board
Quote I work near Peachtree Corners

Hey, no problem! I live about 5 miles away from there. Hmmm...another excuse to carve!

There will be a one-day only box available in P'tree Corners on Saturday, May 7. Details to follow soon! Mark your calendars, everyone! ;)

~LB
Reply to: #2615 by Brook
Mar 4, 2005 3:25pm
Board
Well Brook the saying has always been "if you plant them they will come". So by planting a box someone will come find it and maybe hide one, then someone else comes to find those two and plant another and so on. Please keep in mind though, Darwinism does apply to boxes, only the well hidden sturdy boxes will survive the long haul.
As far as carving goes, practice, practice, practice. Don't feel like it needs to look perfect, remember you are your worst critic.;-) There are lots of websites that will get you started carving and then there's supose to be a carving class/party some day, in your neck of the woods.

Boxdn
Re: Yesterday/Brook
Mar 5, 2005 10:35am
Board
Quote Who would have thought that Santa would have been hiding in the woods of Gwinnett County?
Brook
Mar 5, 2005 10:46am
Board
Oops...started to write, but I hit send too early <blush>

I'll try again now

Quote Who would have thought that Santa would have been hiding in the woods of Gwinnett County

Did this hitch hiker pass through Gainesville FL? Was it a tiny store bought Santa?
I think it might have been the first hitch hiker that I have found! And where is Gwinnett County located?
Adam, its owner, isn't an Atlas Quest member. But I can
e-mail him to let him know where it's at.

Thanks for any info

Sits N Knits ....PS I'm glad Santa brightened a sad letterboxing day. I hate the thought of any trees being bulldozed down anyway =0/
Re: Brook
Reply to: #2654 by Sits N Knits
Mar 6, 2005 9:10pm
Board
Quote Did this hitch hiker pass through Gainesville FL? Was it a tiny store bought Santa?
I think it might have been the first hitch hiker that I have found! And where is Gwinnett County located?

Yes - we found Santa today in Canton, GA. (Gwinnett Co. is in GA too - just NE of Atlanta.) I believe he'll be moving on soon...!!

123 Family
Reply to: #2654 by Sits N Knits
Mar 7, 2005 3:43am
Board
Yes-Santa was from Florida. He was a little store bought santa and he was replanted yesterday in Canton (north Georgia)Brook
Reply to: #2689 by She Runs
Mar 7, 2005 3:45am
Board
123-you were in the woods with us!!! I didn't replace that stamp in Canton until late yesterday afternoon!!!

Brook
RE: Brook
Reply to: #2697 by Brook
Mar 7, 2005 9:56am
Board
Quote Message of 580
123-you were in the woods with us!!! I didn't replace that stamp in Canton until late yesterday afternoon!!!

Brook

Great weekend for boxing all around. Brook , I'm not sure whether we were there in the woods on the same day, though - we were there Sunday morning.

Glad to hear eveyone enjoyed the weather...and ... looking at the 10 day forecast, next weekend is looking good too!!

MM of 123 Family