Thread Board
Maybe the pandemic will be cancelled.
Re: Postals and Virus
Board: Postals
Reply to: #985109 by Beq and Co
Mar 31, 2020 12:13pm
Thread Board
Yeah, I order stuff online but sometimes you can’t avoid the store
There is a huge Acme store near me and it’s pretty easy to not get close to people. I’ve been the only person in an aisle. I keep it to once a week. There are markets I avoid only because they are smaller and always have more shoppers.
Re: I'm just sayin'
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #985112 by Trailhead Tessie
Mar 31, 2020 12:16pm
Thread Board
Or maybe we’re in a Twilight Zone episode.
Reply to: #985108 by MissMoon
Mar 31, 2020 12:43pm
Thread Board
I don't see anything wrong with buying ice cream or some other treat if one is in the store already. That doesn't mean a person is not taking anything seriously.

??

The original discussion was about what is “essential”, and that &J wanting to go to the store just for ice cream is not essential. We got the ice cream the next week during our essentials shopping trip. Just yesterday &J wanted to take the car for its smog check; registration is coming due. I told him that wasn’t essential - what will the state do to us anyway? We’re following the governor’s orders to stay safer at home.
Reply to: #985115 by JampersandJ
Mar 31, 2020 1:25pm
Thread Board
It seemed like you were not happy with the joking about ice cream. I stand corrected and probably responded to the wrong post

I need ice cream. And Oreos.
Reply to: #985106 by Sagacorn
Mar 31, 2020 1:56pm
Thread Board
New Tracker Just Added
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Mar 31, 2020 2:17pm
Board
We just posted a new tracker if you are interested.

Here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10480

Thanks!

Jaybirders
Mar 31, 2020 2:25pm
Thread Board
You people are so suspicious.... Everyone knows I can't get away with April Fools jokes on April 1st and that's why I always do them the day before. Or maybe in May. Or something.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #985117 by west dover quidditch team
Mar 31, 2020 2:35pm
Thread Board
Thanks for the pick-me-up. Have had to work everyday--busier than ever, so I don't have that problem until Friday when I'm off. I always think it's Saturday, never got used to being off a day early. I live for Thursday--TGIT. Gotta go home and go to sleep.
My Logbook
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Mar 31, 2020 2:37pm
Thread Board
I recorded my Ten boxes I found today and went to my log book and my whole list of 190
finds are gone. It says I haven’t recorded any finds. What the heck happened? I didn’t delete anything. Help !!!!
Buttercup60
Another Quarantine Fun Day
Board: State: Minnesota
Mar 31, 2020 2:40pm
Thread Board
How is everyone? Stir crazy?

Here in my adopted home town, I've taken to walking to the Post Office for fresh air, sunshine and basically getting off my butt.

On my way home, I checked on a couple of letterboxes. Sad to report, that I needed to retire two of them. Officer Crittenden was out in the open with a broken container. That box has been around for 8 years!!! Oldest Bar in Minnesota was MIA. I'll look again for the Oldest Bar (I really liked that box).

-DD
Re: My Logbook
Reply to: #985121 by buttercup60
Mar 31, 2020 2:54pm
Thread Board
It says I haven’t recorded any finds. What the heck happened?

I can see them in your logbook.
Are you sure you are looking at "Traditional"? Check to make sure all the options on that page are correct. Then if you still see a problem, post the link to the page (with all the options), so we can see what is going on. Thanks!
Printing Clues - not working
Mar 31, 2020 3:07pm
Thread Board
I tried to print a selected number of clues from one of my favorite searches. The "loading preview" just spins. I tried to print from another favorite search; same results. I know my mac is OLD and I will be replacing it later this year (as soon as we can get to the store).

I maxed out the RAM years ago. I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and using Chrome browser 80.0.3987.162. I relaunched Chrome after confirming I had the latest version. I also downloaded and updated my printer's drivers after I couldn't get it to print.

I was able to print documents from other computer programs, so I wonder if it is AQ-related? Any suggestions?
Re: Printing Clues - not working
Reply to: #985124 by speedsquare
Mar 31, 2020 3:14pm
Thread Board
I had/have the same issue.
Worked a bit with Ryan, but we didn't find anything.

I did find that Microsoft Edge printed faster - although things were slightly formatted different than printing through Chrome.
Reply to: #985124 by speedsquare
Mar 31, 2020 3:28pm
Thread Board
There does seem to be an issue with Chrome if you try to print a lot of clues and I can't figure it out. If you print clues one at a time, it works fine. Even two or three clues at a time worked, although the "print preview" took surprisingly long to display.

I didn't change anything--it seems to be an issue that started with an update in Chrome and is a problem related to only that browser.

The only advice I have for now is to use something other than Chrome to print lots of clues or print clues one at a time. If any you technical people know what the problem is, let me know and maybe I can fix it.

-- Ryan
Mar 31, 2020 3:52pm
Thread Board
Also be sure to hit the funky Update button that's moving around at the upper left.
Beaches and parks closed
Board: State: Rhode Island
Mar 31, 2020 5:21pm
Board
FYI for any intrepid boxers heading to RI to find boxes, please note that all beaches and parks are closed. Parking lots are closed. Trail heads are closed. Here in Gansett, the entire sea wall is roped off.

Warrior Woman
whose planting plans just went out the window
Reply to: #985126 by Green Tortuga
Mar 31, 2020 5:50pm
Thread Board
I will try a different browser, but it may make some sense - I was trying to print clues for this large series [Box #298710] and another one that had a large number of boxes.

I just figured it was the "conscience" that we need to "stay in place."
Reply to: #985126 by Green Tortuga
Mar 31, 2020 5:57pm
Thread Board
I switched to Safari browser and everything printed just fine. Thank you, Ryan!
Mar 31, 2020 6:04pm
Thread Board
Hoping for some AQ entertainment.....
Reply to: #985119 by Green Tortuga
Mar 31, 2020 6:38pm
Thread Board
You people are so suspicious.... Everyone knows I can't get away with April Fools jokes on April 1st [...]

That's what you want us to think!
Mar 31, 2020 6:40pm
Thread Board
I recorded my Ten boxes I found today and went to my log book and my whole list of 190 finds are gone.

Do you know what tomorrow is? GT is just early. ;-)
Reply to: #985115 by JampersandJ
Mar 31, 2020 6:49pm
Thread Board
Just yesterday &J wanted to take the car for its smog check; registration is coming due. I told him that wasn’t essential - what will the state do to us anyway? We’re following the governor’s orders to stay safer at home.

If it is about paying the state money for that, even if they only get part of the money, they will care. If your registration sticker expires then they can give you a ticket, which gets them more money.

I would think that this would be necessary because the state will make it necessary.
Reply to: #985133 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 31, 2020 6:50pm
Thread Board
Do you know what tomorrow is? GT is just early. ;-)

I would never mess with someone's logbook by deleting all of their finds! Do you know the RIOTS that would ensue if I tried a prank like that? Nope, no way... not gonna happen!

The finds really are there, though. I have to assume that the person was looking at the wrong page of their logbook, but I can't be certain without knowing the URL that they were using.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #985135 by Green Tortuga
Mar 31, 2020 6:56pm
Thread Board
But Wassa on the other hand.........
Reply to: #985135 by Green Tortuga
Mar 31, 2020 7:38pm
Thread Board
Discovered my mistake. I was trying to find out how to record a bonus box, clicked on “Others”, didn’t realize I didn’t switch it back to “traditional”.
All is great now, I have my whole list of finds back. My heart has calmed down. As for tomorrow, I can’t even imagine
What kind of pranks will be going on, but this would have been a good one for sure.
Thanks for the help.
Buttercup60
My Log Book
Mar 31, 2020 7:46pm
Board
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I have my Log Book listings back. I had been trying to find how to record a bonus box, clicked on “Others”,
Didn’t switch back to “Traditional”. Almost gave me a ♥️attack. All is good now!
Please, NO April Fools jokes tomorrow 😊!!!
Reply to: #985137 by buttercup60
Mar 31, 2020 7:49pm
Thread Board
As for tomorrow, I can’t even imagine
What kind of pranks will be going on, but this would have been a good one for sure.

Well, last year all the drive-by clues took a hit.

The set-up

People's reactions
Re: Another Quarantine Fun Day
Board: State: Minnesota
Reply to: #985122 by Dartmoor Dreamer
Mar 31, 2020 8:04pm
Thread Board
Can you not get a new container andndonsome maintenance for Officer Crittenden?
Back in My Day
Mar 31, 2020 9:32pm
Board