Thread Board
Happy Happy Anniversary ❣️ 2 U!
Re: Postals and Virus
Board: Postals
Reply to: #985062 by Tri-Colored Paws
Mar 31, 2020 8:42am
Thread Board
Yes, I am concerned.

I have ordered from Amazon and just leave the box outside under an overhang where it doesn't get wet for 2 days.

I leave the top of my mailbox (also under the overhang) up so the carrier can just put the envelopes inside without lifting the lid. I live in a location where there is no concern about anyone stealing mail or packages.

If people haven't already done this long ago, consider going paperless on bills, etc. I get much less mail because of this. Statements come in email. And I also had myself removed from the advertising type of stuff that banks and credit cards send out....those transfer your balance things...stuff like that. Though it takes a while for it to go into effect. Got myself removed from some catalog lists. I get so much less mail than I used to. It's great!
Re: Dawnkey
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #985097 by Cross Family
Mar 31, 2020 8:45am
Thread Board
Why, thank you! Hope you all are doing well.
Reply to: #985095 by Baqash
Mar 31, 2020 10:00am
Thread Board
Uh? Ice cream is not essential?

Not when you've been put on a respirator before, after being put in a coma to keep you alive. It started with the flu, and within 7 days - to a perfectly healthy 53 year old who exercised a lot.

This COVID-19 is to be taken seriously. Right now in our town of 96,000 with 9 reported cases, there is a young lady(in her 20's) on a respirator. At least one of her co workers has also tested positive.
Reply to: #985091 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
Mar 31, 2020 10:08am
Thread Board
On our last shopping trip, we did buy 3 containers of ice cream.
Did you know....
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Mar 31, 2020 10:11am
Board
that today is National Crayon Day! Staples has 52 suggestions on 'how to entertain/keep kids coloring' on their site today. Hope all are keeping well.
Reply to: #985100 by JampersandJ
Mar 31, 2020 10:30am
Thread Board
:(

This is exactly why I don't go anywhere except work (healthcare) and my house anymore. My kids are bored out of their minds but I will not be the reason a 20 year old gets intubated.
Re: Making my own letter box
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #985011 by Grey Fox
Mar 31, 2020 10:35am
Thread Board
Grey Fox! Welcome to Letterboxing! I see you have already been directed to the info you needed. I just wanted to welcome you to this fun hobby!
Re: Cake Day for 4EyesMcGee!
Board: Region: Midwest
Reply to: #985066 by TeachJR
Mar 31, 2020 10:39am
Thread Board
Woo hoo! You go girl!
I'm just sayin'
Board: Yakking It Up
Mar 31, 2020 10:55am
Thread Board
I'm just sayin' tomorrow is 4/1.....??????
Reply to: #985103 by Beq and Co
Mar 31, 2020 10:57am
Thread Board
This is exactly why I don't go anywhere except work (healthcare) and my house anymore.

Are you ordering all your food and other essentials online?
Reply to: #985101 by JampersandJ
Mar 31, 2020 11:05am
Thread Board
On our last shopping trip, we did buy 3 containers of ice cream.

At some point we have to go to the supermarket, unless you order everything online and that's just not practical for all items.

I don't see anything wrong with buying ice cream or some other treat if one is in the store already. That doesn't mean a person is not taking anything seriously.

Obviously we have to try and avoid stuffing ourselves with unhealthy stuff but I think we need to treat ourselves also.

And for me personally, I am taking this situation very seriously. But I also feel that trying to maintain a sense of balance and having a sense of humor is also essential. Many years ago before I retired I did clerical work for NYPD and having a sense of humor, in some cases a very macabre sense of humor kept officers sane.
Reply to: #985107 by MissMoon
Mar 31, 2020 11:08am
Thread Board
I've been going to the grocery store once per week, but we order everything else we need online. Guess I forgot that caveat!
Re: Mystery Postal #422 is now open!
Reply to: #984731 by IrishRef
Mar 31, 2020 11:13am
Thread Board
Everyone is getting one extra guess today. THE ANSWER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHESS! That video sent many off track. The clue really was just the song/band. Think about the alliteration hint!
Re: Mystery Postal #422 is now open!
Reply to: #985110 by IrishRef
Mar 31, 2020 11:39am
Thread Board
Well I ain’t too bright.
Thanks for a second guess.
Re: I'm just sayin'
Reply to: #985106 by Sagacorn
Mar 31, 2020 11:58am
Thread Board
Maybe the pandemic will be cancelled.
Reply to: #985109 by Beq and Co
Mar 31, 2020 12:13pm
Thread Board
Yeah, I order stuff online but sometimes you can’t avoid the store
There is a huge Acme store near me and it’s pretty easy to not get close to people. I’ve been the only person in an aisle. I keep it to once a week. There are markets I avoid only because they are smaller and always have more shoppers.
Reply to: #985112 by Trailhead Tessie
Mar 31, 2020 12:16pm
Thread Board
Or maybe we’re in a Twilight Zone episode.
Reply to: #985108 by MissMoon
Mar 31, 2020 12:43pm
Thread Board
I don't see anything wrong with buying ice cream or some other treat if one is in the store already. That doesn't mean a person is not taking anything seriously.

??

The original discussion was about what is “essential”, and that &J wanting to go to the store just for ice cream is not essential. We got the ice cream the next week during our essentials shopping trip. Just yesterday &J wanted to take the car for its smog check; registration is coming due. I told him that wasn’t essential - what will the state do to us anyway? We’re following the governor’s orders to stay safer at home.
Reply to: #985115 by JampersandJ
Mar 31, 2020 1:25pm
Thread Board
It seemed like you were not happy with the joking about ice cream. I stand corrected and probably responded to the wrong post

I need ice cream. And Oreos.
Mar 31, 2020 1:56pm
Thread Board
New Tracker Just Added
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Mar 31, 2020 2:17pm
Board
We just posted a new tracker if you are interested.

Here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10480

Thanks!

Jaybirders
Mar 31, 2020 2:25pm
Thread Board
You people are so suspicious.... Everyone knows I can't get away with April Fools jokes on April 1st and that's why I always do them the day before. Or maybe in May. Or something.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #985117 by west dover quidditch team
Mar 31, 2020 2:35pm
Thread Board
Thanks for the pick-me-up. Have had to work everyday--busier than ever, so I don't have that problem until Friday when I'm off. I always think it's Saturday, never got used to being off a day early. I live for Thursday--TGIT. Gotta go home and go to sleep.
My Logbook
Mar 31, 2020 2:37pm
Thread Board
I recorded my Ten boxes I found today and went to my log book and my whole list of 190
finds are gone. It says I haven’t recorded any finds. What the heck happened? I didn’t delete anything. Help !!!!
Buttercup60
Another Quarantine Fun Day
Board: State: Minnesota
Mar 31, 2020 2:40pm
Board
How is everyone? Stir crazy?

Here in my adopted home town, I've taken to walking to the Post Office for fresh air, sunshine and basically getting off my butt.

On my way home, I checked on a couple of letterboxes. Sad to report, that I needed to retire two of them. Officer Crittenden was out in the open with a broken container. That box has been around for 8 years!!! Oldest Bar in Minnesota was MIA. I'll look again for the Oldest Bar (I really liked that box).

-DD
Re: My Logbook
Reply to: #985121 by buttercup60
Mar 31, 2020 2:54pm
Thread Board
It says I haven’t recorded any finds. What the heck happened?

I can see them in your logbook.
Are you sure you are looking at "Traditional"? Check to make sure all the options on that page are correct. Then if you still see a problem, post the link to the page (with all the options), so we can see what is going on. Thanks!
Printing Clues - not working
Mar 31, 2020 3:07pm
Thread Board
I tried to print a selected number of clues from one of my favorite searches. The "loading preview" just spins. I tried to print from another favorite search; same results. I know my mac is OLD and I will be replacing it later this year (as soon as we can get to the store).

I maxed out the RAM years ago. I'm running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and using Chrome browser 80.0.3987.162. I relaunched Chrome after confirming I had the latest version. I also downloaded and updated my printer's drivers after I couldn't get it to print.

I was able to print documents from other computer programs, so I wonder if it is AQ-related? Any suggestions?
Re: Printing Clues - not working
Reply to: #985124 by speedsquare
Mar 31, 2020 3:14pm
Thread Board
I had/have the same issue.
Worked a bit with Ryan, but we didn't find anything.

I did find that Microsoft Edge printed faster - although things were slightly formatted different than printing through Chrome.
Re: Printing Clues - not working
Reply to: #985124 by speedsquare
Mar 31, 2020 3:28pm
Thread Board
There does seem to be an issue with Chrome if you try to print a lot of clues and I can't figure it out. If you print clues one at a time, it works fine. Even two or three clues at a time worked, although the "print preview" took surprisingly long to display.

I didn't change anything--it seems to be an issue that started with an update in Chrome and is a problem related to only that browser.

The only advice I have for now is to use something other than Chrome to print lots of clues or print clues one at a time. If any you technical people know what the problem is, let me know and maybe I can fix it.

-- Ryan