I like The Reckoners, Horrified, Small World, Mansions of Madness, Near and Far

KuKu
Re: Working from Home??
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #984732 by IrishRef
Mar 28, 2020 6:01pm
Thread Board
unexpected issues while trying to work from home

Quickly turning my laptop with webcamera away during a video conference chat with my boss and a co-worker because my guy decided to try come up from behind me to kiss me while in his boxer briefs.
Making my own letter box
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Mar 28, 2020 6:05pm
Thread Board
How do I go about hiding and posting about my own letter box?
Re: Making my own letter box
Reply to: #985011 by Grey Fox
Mar 28, 2020 6:10pm
Thread Board
Under the "Home" menu (at the top) is "Help". Under that is "Atlas Quest: Adding/Editing Letterboxes.
Reply to: #985012 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 28, 2020 6:37pm
Thread Board
Brand new boxer. I think they mean more than just the listing of the box. I think they mean the whole process.
Mar 28, 2020 6:45pm
Thread Board
How do I go about hiding and posting about my own letter box?

I learned about good ways to make clues and how to present letterboxes by finding letterboxes by old timers in my area. I recommend that you find as many as you can and collect ideas that you like.
Re: Mystery Postal #422 is now open!
Board: Postals
Reply to: #985003 by Guinea Pigs
Mar 28, 2020 6:46pm
Thread Board
The two successful boxers were notified they were correct.
Mar 28, 2020 6:46pm
Thread Board
You need to go to the homepage and click on Home and Toolbox. Look at About Letterboxing, the tutorials, code of conduct.....read all this stuff.

I see you found 3 boxes. Go do some more boxing, find some more, see how people hid them. They have to be hidden well so other people can’t see them.

If you look at the information here on AQ it will help you a lot. Taking a look at the different discussion boards will give you a lot of info also.
Reply to: #985005 by Eidyia
Mar 28, 2020 6:51pm
Thread Board
Although your research and insight may be right, you haven't successfully guessed the theme of the box. All should become clearer starting with clue 8.
Re: Let's sing Happy B'day to condo's hubby, ready
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #985008 by condo
Mar 28, 2020 7:49pm
Thread Board
Birthday 🎁🥳🎊
Looking for stamps for an event!
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Mar 28, 2020 9:26pm
Thread Board
Hey LB community! I’m looking for stamps, boxes, log books, anything to help with an event I want to put on this summer! Please message me with any questions or any ideas for hosting an event!

Thanks!
Reply to: #985010 by koalacat
Mar 29, 2020 12:48am
Thread Board
Coulda been worse. Coulda been without the boxer briefs!
Bingo word - March 29
Board: Region: Great Lakes
Mar 29, 2020 4:05am
Board
Letterboxers tend to take sides
When discussing these containers
They're messy and they're full of bugs
Grumble the complainers

But they're cheap to make, say their fans,
And perfect for small spaces
Those are the basic pros and cons
I've stated both the cases

And as for me, I use them some
And I am sorry, man,
But they were good enough for one of the best,
The great Safari Man

G - Planter's pouch
Happy AQversary to PackerBackers!
Board: Region: Midwest
Mar 29, 2020 5:24am
Thread Board
Happy Cake Day to you! I am so happy that our paths have crossed many times because of letterboxing! :)
Re: Looking for stamps for an event!
Reply to: #985019 by Turtlegirl88
Mar 29, 2020 5:57am
Thread Board
Hey LB community! I’m looking for stamps, boxes, log books, anything to help with an event I want to put on this summer!

First things first-- Do you have a theme? A location? Would this be a one-day or weekend event? (The longer the event, the more stamps you will want.) Will the stamps be collected and returned after the event or will they be permanent plants? Plenty of us have stamps we can share or donate. As for log books, if these boxes are to be temporary plants for the event, you will not want to put a log book in any box. If someone in your geographic area has hosted an event, perhaps they have spare boxes to lend you.

Good Luck!
Re: Happy AQversary to PackerBackers!
Reply to: #985022 by TeachJR
Mar 29, 2020 6:06am
Thread Board
I second that! Hope you can get out there today and hit the trails! Happy Anniversary!
Mar 29, 2020 6:09am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary to you, PackerBackers! I hope the weather cooperates and you can find or plant a box or two.
Reply to: #985018 by Damselfly
Mar 29, 2020 6:12am
Thread Board
Happy birthday Mr. condo !
Re: Looking for stamps for an event!
Reply to: #985019 by Turtlegirl88
Mar 29, 2020 6:17am
Thread Board
When is the event? What is the theme? How many stamps do you need for each trail, or is there one trail? Usually when people ask for help carving stamps, they have a place and a plan, and people who might attend will help with the carving. Is the event listed?
Those are my questions so far. I have carved a stamp or two for lots of events, but I need to know more so I have some idea of what you need.
Reply to: #984731 by IrishRef
Mar 29, 2020 7:01am
Thread Board
Good news! Today will be the last number based clue. I imagine most of you have predicted that the Beetles would be clue 7. This is a little more sobering as I quickly approach 60. Enjoy.

Clue 7 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCTunqv1Xt4
Re: Social Distancing
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Reply to: #984970 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 29, 2020 8:10am
Thread Board
DoubleSaj and Old Blue wrote:

Does Utah have a stay-at-home order?

While Utah's governor made a directive, the Salt Lake City mayor made it mandatory.

If residents of Salt Lake City violate Gov. Gary Herbert’s new “Stay Home, Stay Safe” directive, which went into effect Friday, they could be charged with a class B misdemeanor, fined up to $1,000 and spend up to six months in jail.

In jail you will not be allowed to social distance.

The state’s directive still allows Utahns to enjoy outdoor recreation and grocery shop so long as social distancing measures are practiced.

“You can still go outside, exercise at parks, hike on trails and go to grocery stores,” Mendenhall said. “Many of the businesses that we rely on every day will still be accessible.”

At least we can still letterbox.

Mendenhall also reiterated that, although her directive carries the weight of law, the city is "not out to charge you criminally if you violate this Proclamation – we just want you to comply, be safe, and keep other residents safe."

As part of the measure, the Salt Lake City International Airport will close to any passengers without a ticket. Individuals picking up or dropping off passengers must remain in their cars.

Recreational activities that promote social distancing are allowed in the parks, the measure states.

The mayor’s proclamation also limits the sale of cemetery plots to those who need to bury someone during the time the proclamation is in effect.

Well, at least we're legally permitted to die.

Summit County, which issued a stay-at-home order on Wednesday, and Salt Lake County have been hit the hardest by the virus with 221 of the state’s 480 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Salt Lake County and 110 in Summit County.

So far, two Utahns have died of the disease.

Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson said she supports the directive but asked Herbert to take stricter steps if necessary.

So, this is a summary of what is going on here. I hear that New York City and surrounding areas are the worst areas in this country. I hope that everyone everywhere is staying safe.
Mar 29, 2020 8:47am
Thread Board
Here's to another year of fun, friends and adventure!
Reply to: #985029 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 29, 2020 8:55am
Thread Board
I live in Westchester County, the area just north of NYC. Despite what you may have "heard", the "surrounding areas" cannot be compared to the situation in NYC.

New Rochelle, which was where a cluster of cases was first discovered has through social isolation and testing actually flattened the curve in positive cases. And the lawyer who was first reported and seems to have been at the center of the cluster is recovering.

Information online.....

Out of the over 52,000 cases in the state, nearly 30,000 of them are in NYC, the more congested area. Westchester county is highly populated but in many small towns, villages, and hamlets where it is fairly easy for people to isolate. Almost everyone drives instead of taking congested public transportation.

As of two days ago, according to what I'm seeing online there have been 10 deaths in Westchester County in a population of over 900,000.

I have not looked up info on counties just north of us or Connecticut.

Well, at least we're legally permitted to die.

While many of the measures being taken may to some seem drastic and severe I feel these are what needs to be done and the American people need to respond to them in a responsible way.

According to the medical experts being interviewed this is not something that is going to magically go away in the coming weeks or months and will grow worse if people do not heed the warnings. It may even seem to "disappear" this summer and then come back in the fall.

I feel the measures in states in like Utah where there have been "only" two deaths (horrible word to use) have to be taken :::before::: the numbers rise, not after the fact. Do it now to stop the spread. That is the whole point, instead of waiting until after the fact.
Reply to: #985020 by Kirbert
Mar 29, 2020 9:07am
Thread Board
Coulda been worse. Coulda been without the boxer briefs!

I read your comment to him. He responded, "Why does it got to be worse?"
Mar 29, 2020 9:12am
Thread Board
Happy cake day! Hope you can celebrate in a big way today....but in a safe way😊Drive-by's only!!😄
Reply to: #985026 by Grrly Girl
Mar 29, 2020 9:20am
Thread Board
Grrly Girl your original thread was great, when you personalized for us that made you amazing.

condo
Reply to: #985031 by MissMoon
Mar 29, 2020 9:44am
Thread Board
While many of the measures being taken may to some seem drastic and severe I feel these are what needs to be done and the American people need to respond to them in a responsible way.

It has reappeared in Wuhan, China in people who have recovered from it before. It can reinfect, so we do need to take this seriously.

Do it now to stop the spread. That is the whole point, instead of waiting until after the fact.

Agreed.
Mar 29, 2020 9:47am
Thread Board
Happy, Happy AQ Day! I am looking forward to seeing you at more Midwest events when the world returns to normal.