Mar 26, 2020 7:27am
Thread Board
Happy cake day!! 🍰
Re: Switching things up!
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #984877 by BBStacker
Mar 26, 2020 8:10am
Thread Board
There are videos on how to make them without sewing.
Re: New Boxes Being Planted!
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #984875 by shutterbug2012
Mar 26, 2020 8:14am
Thread Board
If you are familiar with Laugh-in, your age is showing ;-) Although I suppose anything is available nowadays somewhere on the net - except common sense which seems to be in very short supply ;-D
Listing Multiple LTCs
Board: Suggestion Box
Mar 26, 2020 8:16am
Thread Board
I have a problem. I know one solution, but I don't like it. Could there be a better way?

Details: I joined an LTC swap which is a recurring swap.
Four times a year we make a card which is a variation on the same technique used on the previous cards. All the cards have the same title before the colon: different titles after I, e.g Wonderful Cards: My First One, Wonderful Cards: My Second One.
I created an LTC listing with the swap title, and added one box for each card I made/will make. Making the listing worked just fine.

The first round of the swap has occurred and someone wondered how this arrangement would work later - Will her find on the first card show up after she's found the second one, or will the date change in the same way it changes when someone finds a single traditional box, and then logs another find later on the same box - only the second date is recorded?
The latter case is what we got when we experimented.

The View Finds button shows a table with finders names and the names of the cards, but when the curious finder claimed a find on Card #4, just to see what happens, the find on Card #1 disappeared. However, the comment on Box #1 did not vanish.

I could make three new listings for Cards #2, #3, & #4, and remove them from the first listing.
That's not what I want to do this time because the cards are all related in theme and technique, like a series.
Is it possible, within reason, to make this work with the listing I currently have?
Could the finds on each card be recorded on the table as they occur?

Thanks!

Edit: OK, who sneaked in behind my back and changed that so quickly? Thanks!!
Maude
Re: Happy AQversary Carry on Grandma
Board: Region: Midwest
Reply to: #984880 by Kiss'n Karin
Mar 26, 2020 8:19am
Thread Board
I agree 101%! She's a dauntless searcher, and an inspiration.
Mar 26, 2020 8:19am
Thread Board
Congrats to one of my favorite trail buddies!😊❀
Hope you have a fun little celebtation today for this exciting milestone, and stay safe & healthy my friend!
Re: New Boxes Being Planted!
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #984886 by lightbearer
Mar 26, 2020 8:40am
Thread Board
Better my age then my _ _ _ _! We have a Decades channel that plays all the oldies that will give you some comic relief from the current bombardments.
Mar 26, 2020 9:13am
Thread Board
Congrats to a special Grandma. Always great to cross paths with you on the trails. Enjoy this day and keep safe.
Re: Hitchhikers
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #984879 by Kelsung
Mar 26, 2020 9:15am
Thread Board
I have the opposite problem. I’m still working on the clue. I planted the box last October.

Poor little box! It's clueless.
Re: Listing Multiple LTCs
Reply to: #984887 by Maude
Mar 26, 2020 9:52am
Thread Board
I have many series of LTC's listed as a single box number. I've never noticed a problem with old finds changing being removed when the next one is logged. Maybe it was a temporary bug?

Here's my largest active "series" https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=279197
Mar 26, 2020 10:18am
Thread Board
Ditto to what everyone else said! Congratulations on 10 years!
Re: Paradox
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #984851 by Bungalow Boxer
Mar 26, 2020 10:24am
Thread Board
Florida's rules are all either county by county and even city by city. I live in a county with a curfew, but work in one with out (counties vary in Florida on how the mayor of the county can issue encompassing rules) as well as work in a city on a barrier island where you can't get on unless you either live, work, or study on it. Plus, I live in the county, not a city, so all around me are cities with stricter rules than the county has right now. It is a lot to keep up with.

I just to get back to some sense of Florida normalcy, where Florida Man isn't spreading the Rona and we can leash walk our pet alligators without being quaranshamed. More importantly, I want to not have to worry about my mother, thankfully neither of us is exposed to the public too much right now even though we're both reporting for work, but still, we've had to go to Publix and Petsmart and a vet two counties over (I'll go post THAT story on an off topic board).
And yet, another rabbit
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Mar 26, 2020 10:37am
Thread Board
It has been decided. My father must be haunting mom and I from the grave. He has sent yet another rabbit into my life. We caught this one and a few others on Saturday. A coworker of my mother's will take the other ones, but we kept one. I now have a third rabbit who, at first blush, looks twice as big as my 4-5 lb hotot mix and is three times the size of my blue eyed mutt bunny who's only 2 and change pounds. Vet said he was 6.5 lbs, but I think he's underweight, having been out in the wild with no food or fresh water for a bit. Big Bun is slowly learning that pellets are good, hay is good, and treatos are very good. He quickly figured out that bananas are very good.

His ears are big and look like a Flemish Giant's ears, but he's much too small to be a Flemish. He is a brown brindle, with a white belly, has the softest fur, and is the most gentle rabbit I've met. He is friendly and has already decided he can safely flop in his quarantine cage, as he recovers from being neutered (and what a big flop! the THUMP from his flop made us look up). It'll be about two months before I can introduce him to Alice and Mr. Bones, not sure if I'll have a bonded pair and an extra bunny or if I'll have a bonded trio.

But, where am I going to keep three rabbits? My pen for the other two is just about the minimum for two, and we can't do free roam, since the dog is already free roam, and we don't have any extra space. I once read that a tiny house is one under 900 sqft, and we're just over that. We'll make due, we always do.
Re: Paradox
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #984895 by DM Scuba Brat
Mar 26, 2020 10:43am
Thread Board
we can leash walk our pet alligators without being quaranshamed

Hate it when that happens.
Re: Listing Multiple LTCs
Reply to: #984893 by RIclimber
Mar 26, 2020 10:46am
Thread Board
I would agree about a temporary bug. It was repaired within a minute of two of posting the message. Let's hope it's not contagious!
stamp-collecting
Mar 26, 2020 11:15am
Thread Board
Does anyone collect stamps any more? Postage stamps, I mean. Doing some de-cluttering and found quite a few interesting USA and international stamps from years ago.
Contact me if you'd like them and I'll mail them out to you!
Mar 26, 2020 11:23am
Thread Board
Yay, Carry on Grandma! You inspire me to "carry on!"
Re: stamp-collecting
Reply to: #984899 by sojourner
Mar 26, 2020 11:25am
Thread Board
Me! If they are pre selfstick. Sending you aq mail.
Mar 26, 2020 12:25pm
Thread Board
Letterboxing with carry on grandma is a treat! Happy Cake Day!
Mar 26, 2020 1:02pm
Thread Board
Happy day indeed! Setting and reaching LB goals! An inspiration to us all.
Hiking trails
Board: State: North Carolina
Mar 26, 2020 1:28pm
Thread Board
In case you didn't know, trails and state parks all over Western North Carolina and Tennessee are closed. :(

There is still letterboxing in rural areas.
Psychic Kids Returns! 10 years later!
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Mar 26, 2020 1:35pm
Board
Ten years ago there was a show called Psychic Kids. The premise of the show was to pair two kids of roughly the same age to help work their psychic abilities. They would give the kids tasks to help them focus and learn how to use their gifts and to set boundaries with scary entities. I used to watch this show with my mom and we loved it!

Now A&E has rebooted this show, using the kids featured on the original show, now adults, to mentor and tutor a new generation of children going through the same thing. Having binged watched the entire first season, I seriously hoping for a second season, or 5th season depending on who is counting, lol. I truly enjoyed it.

The premise of this reboot is slightly different. Instead of have the kids come to a retreat, the mentors actually go the children’s home and mentor them there.
Personally, I liked having the kids meet another psychic kid to help them understand that they are not alone but no one asked me about this reboot.

Either way, if you remember this show, then I recommend this reboot. No Kitty Paws.

I would have liked to have watched the original show first and then the reboot but I did not know the original show is actually available. It is through Amazon Prime. But the reboot is through HULU.

csk
35mm Film Canisters
Board: Tools of the Trade
Mar 26, 2020 1:38pm
Thread Board
Does anyone have a good source for 35mm film canisters? I'd like to buy a bunch, preferably with the lids that go over the edge of the canister, not with the lids that you press inside the canister.
Re: And yet, another rabbit
Reply to: #984896 by DM Scuba Brat
Mar 26, 2020 2:06pm
Thread Board
R u in Michigan by chance?
Mar 26, 2020 2:07pm
Thread Board
How fun to populate the Midwest Region Board with all these well wishes - throw mine in too!
Re: 35mm Film Canisters
Reply to: #984906 by nosox
Mar 26, 2020 2:43pm
Thread Board
Check eBay. They have a ton. Keep scrolling. Different prices. Different offers, etc. I believe those lids are on the inside but they have all kinds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50PCS-35mm-Plastic-Film-Canister-with-Lids-Storage-Container-Empty-Bottle-Black/264654357045?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3d9ea10235:g:L6IAAOSwl-hdX6JF
Re: Hiking trails
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #984904 by A Okay
Mar 26, 2020 2:54pm
Thread Board
I know - it stinks. We're headed out tomorrow to plant 16 letterboxes in the only park we could find that was still open - a local town park. And it's gorgeous weather! :(
Reply to: #984908 by Team Awesome Pants
Mar 26, 2020 3:01pm
Thread Board
Mine too! We NC letterboxes all know and love Grandma too! Always enjoy chatting with her at Raleigh events. Carry on, Grandma! You rock!
Mar 26, 2020 5:31pm
Thread Board
Happy Anniversary to you! Seeing you at events is one of the HIGHLIGHTS of an event for me!!! and the kind comments you always share!
Re: 35mm Film Canisters
Reply to: #984906 by nosox
Mar 26, 2020 6:33pm
Thread Board
What are these...”film” canisters you speak of?