A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Mediums
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #980520 by AdventurousAcorn
Oct 23, 2019 9:36am
Thread Board
All of them! Lol...well, I tend to use distress oxide inks and copic markers the most, but I have used many other art mediums as well....I think you'd have a great time at a crafting retreat/event! Be on the lookout for one to (hopefully) be listed soon!πŸ€žπŸ˜ƒ
Re: My Contacts
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #980521 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 10:45am
Thread Board
I'm not sure what to tell you. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. I even logged into your account, went to the My Contacts page, and clicked the profile button for every one of your contacts, but all of them worked just fine.

Maybe it was just a fluke? What browser are you using? Not that I can imagine that would be a problem. The icons are just simple links. It really shouldn't matter what browser you're using--a link is the same across all browsers.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980524 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 1:18pm
Thread Board
Very odd. When I click on the icon, the "read mail" of the person below flickers like crazy.

I use Google Chrome.

Maybe I'll delete all my contacts and then reload them. Thanks for your input.

AW
Reply to: #980526 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 5:35pm
Thread Board
I tried it in Chrome and saw the weird behavior you described. As far as I can tell, it's a browser bug. There's no reason I can find for the flicker and it appears limited to that browser. Seems like someone would have mentioned it sooner if it had been around since the very beginning.

Anyhow, I couldn't really find a way to make the flickering stop except by turning the "Read Mail" button into a link and it seems to work better on my system now. *shrug*

Very weird, though...

- Ryan
Reply to: #980528 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 5:47pm
Thread Board
You are amazing. All is well again.
Thank you, Savannah!
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #975936 by Mama Stork
Oct 24, 2019 4:54am
Thread Board
Had a wonderful few days in this beautiful city! Due to a bum hip and a couple tropical rains, I didn't get to box nearly as much as I wanted nor did we get to do everything on our to-do list, but I would visit again in a heartbeat!

Only one letterbox this trip, from Bonaventure --crowds, mosquitoes, humidity, hip and noxer all came into play on that. You all weren't joking about bug spray in your clues!! The tour app was worth the $5.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. Will come back someday!
Re: Anyone want to join me Saturday morning?
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #980530 by SherlockMiles
Oct 24, 2019 5:18am
Thread Board
I'm hiking that morning with a group of girl scouts... I'd be interested in joining a different week though!
Re: Anyone want to join me Saturday morning?
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #980532 by shamrock mom
Oct 24, 2019 5:33am
Thread Board
Thanks.
Knoxville
Board: State: Tennessee
Oct 24, 2019 5:35am
Thread Board
Hi! Who among you is in the Knoxville area? I have a question about something there. Thank you!
Re: Funny, or obsession?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #980413 by Damselfly
Oct 24, 2019 8:29am
Thread Board
I carve way, way, way more than I plant. Because people like my carves, what I do is I go to Susquehanna Sojourn every year, which is a festival relatively near me and I post on the bulletin board there that I have free series for people to take. Last year I gave away over a hundred stamps. As long as I don't care about the stamps once they go out into the world then this works really well for me as a way to let people enjoy the stamps, but I don't have to plant them or pay for the boxes for planting.
Re: Writing clues in Word first
Reply to: #980468 by Rocklun
Oct 24, 2019 8:32am
Thread Board
That sucks. Glad the coffee gave you extra drive to see it through!
Re: Boxing on my birthday or....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #980359 by DM Scuba Brat
Oct 24, 2019 8:48am
Thread Board
The poor bunny! I'm glad you were able to give it a new home. I love your story!
Re: OK, Help, I've been on Hiatus...
Reply to: #980313 by ddmckenna
Oct 24, 2019 8:55am
Thread Board
The Memento and Tsukineko dew drops are my go to for the trail. Joann's sells plastic boxes that are designed to be photo holders that perfectly fit a bunch of them in neatly. I get my pink stuff from my local art store. They actually didn't carry it until a local letterboxer let them know that there was a market for the stuff. If you are trying to avoid Amazon then you can also ask a local place to special order. Otherwise, Amazon works fine.
Re: Knoxville
Reply to: #980534 by RDHG
Oct 24, 2019 4:57pm
Thread Board
That would be scouttrekkie for the most part., They do have a few other boxers in that area too, that might be able to help, but she might be able to help the best.

We have spent a lot of time in the area over the past twenty years and might be able to help with some things in that area.

Go ahead and ask if you want and we might be able to help.
Doublethink!
Board: It's Politics as Usual
Oct 24, 2019 5:18pm
Thread Board
Read or re-read 1984 sometime soon. Definitely an ideal Trumpian Society.
Re: Doublethink!
Reply to: #980540 by IrishRef
Oct 24, 2019 11:56pm
Thread Board
Can you really put "Trump" and "think" in the same sentence?
Reply to: #980541 by Public Hand
Oct 25, 2019 3:46am
Thread Board
.. .. .. C.. ..
.. .. .. A .. ..
T H I N K
R .. .. N .. ..
U .. .. O .. ..
M U L T I P O L A R I T Y
P .. .. .. .. ..
Won't you help?
Board: Region: Northeast
Oct 25, 2019 3:55am
Thread Board
Uneksia is one of our original boxing members from New Hampshire.
Her great grandson was recently born with Spina Bifida. On Sat. 10/26 there will be a carnival held with the proceeds going to help the baby's family. If you live in or around Berwick, Maine you could go support the cause and have fun at the same time. There is also a
GoFundMe page set up for donations. Link below is for carnival info and there is a GoFundMe link on that page. Won't you help, please?

https://maverickscarnival.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Zv6gTkhlbkwv9R2F4mvU2gCY0Ml97ka1rRfvmkVyp7d4sL1e3Yjh2oGY
(cross post) Won't you help?
Board: State: New Hampshire
Oct 25, 2019 4:05am
Thread Board
Uneksia is one of our original boxing members from New Hampshire.
Her great grandson was recently born with Spina Bifida. On Sat. 10/26 there will be a carnival held with the proceeds going to help the baby's family. If you live in or around Berwick, Maine you could go support the cause and have fun at the same time. There is also a
GoFundMe page set up for donations. Link below is for carnival info and there is a GoFundMe link on that page. Won't you help, please?

https://maverickscarnival.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Zv6gTkhlbkwv9R2F4mvU2gCY0Ml97ka1rRfvmkVyp7d4sL1e3Yjh2oGY
Oct 25, 2019 4:47am
Thread Board
A few months ago, I was doing yardwork when a car drove by and the driver yelled "liberals suck!" at me before he sped away. I guess my Hate Has No Home Here yard sign, with American flags on either side of it, made him angry. πŸ˜”

I'm really hoping that we Americans can talk to each other without suspicion and hatred someday.
Reply to: #980545 by Rocklun
Oct 25, 2019 4:58am
Thread Board
As much as I would love to see those days return I fear they are long past.
Reply to: #980546 by Sagacorn
Oct 25, 2019 5:17am
Thread Board
I hope you're wrong, but I fear that you're right.

Just because two people disagree politically, it doesn't mean either person is "bad." We as a nation really need to talk more and to look at what we have in common. In these divisive times, that's not an easy thing to do, but it sure beats the alternative.

Just my .02.
Walking 4 fun competition
Board: Smart Phones and Other Handheld Devices
Oct 25, 2019 6:12am
Thread Board
Saw this post today about an App that virtually walks you through the AT.
https://www.outsideonline.com/2403798/virtual-appalachian-trail-hike-walk-distance-app

Think I've seen something similar somewhere before...πŸ€” πŸ˜‰
Oct 25, 2019 6:38am
Thread Board
Regardless of your political leanings...

β€œYou are not to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does or says it.”
Re: Boxing on my birthday or....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #980537 by Knits
Oct 25, 2019 7:11am
Thread Board
Poor bunny is certainly licking his wounds today. Mr. Bones was neutered on Wednesday. After paying for it, guess he is mine for sure now!
Re: Walking 4 fun competition
Reply to: #980548 by photopam
Oct 25, 2019 7:33am
Thread Board
Saw this post today about an App that virtually walks you through the AT.

Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago as well.

Think I've seen something similar somewhere before...

I don't know.... there's one very significant difference between the two. As far as I can tell, their app doesn't include any photos or videos along the route. To me, that was the main feature of W4F. The maps of where you are located are secondary.

So, Walking 4 Fun currently supports 25 different trails. His app supports one! *shaking head*

But I'm a little envious that he's getting a lot of publicity out of the article while nobody knows about Walking 4 Fun!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980551 by Green Tortuga
Oct 25, 2019 9:20am
Thread Board
But I'm a little envious that he's getting a lot of publicity out of the article while nobody knows about Walking 4 Fun!

Well, I commented the link for ya, so maybe you'll get some traffic. Maybe writing them and letting them know about it? Can't hurt. :D
Re: AQ messages
Reply to: #980512 by RIclimber
Oct 25, 2019 9:38am
Thread Board
i found the when i send a message the system doesnt acknowlege it and then i hit send a second time and if i go to sent messages, ive sent it twice
Reply to: #980551 by Green Tortuga
Oct 25, 2019 11:33am
Thread Board
...while nobody knows about Walking 4 Fun!

at least 14102 people know about it

DM
Re: Knoxville
Reply to: #980534 by RDHG
Oct 25, 2019 11:40am
Thread Board
I live in the area. How may I help?