A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: HaPpY CaKe DaY, MrO!
Board: State: California
Reply to: #980435 by JampersandJ
Oct 21, 2019 9:13am
Thread Board
Hey Mr O, happy cake day! Thanks for all your great hides!
Re: Boxing on my birthday or....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #980471 by Snark
Oct 21, 2019 10:28am
Thread Board
"Oh no! Not again!"

How will I operate by digital watch?
Re: Verifying email address
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #980486 by Green Tortuga
Oct 21, 2019 10:55am
Thread Board
My understanding is that it is somehow a matter of time, before the bounced email notifications stop. So I continue to verify my email each time.

Today, sent (4:00am)I have the normal email in yahoo that says “you have new messages . . . “ and in fact, I did, and read it.

Then, sent at 9:00am was the ‘bounced email’ notification which I again verified. Should I be getting both? Seems like the notifications are intermittent, and not consistent?
Re: Annual Crafting/LTC retreat options
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #979535 by jlsd0218
Oct 21, 2019 11:23am
Thread Board
https://campnamanu.org/rentals/make-a-reservation/

I've sent an inquiry to find out what options would best suit our group and the costs involved. Sandy, OR for those that aren't familiar to the area is East of Portland, ever so slightly West of the Columbia River Gorge and ~90 minutes -2 hours from the Oregon Coast depending on traffic. Mt Hood is also near by.

We have a rich assortment of letterboxes, many by extremely talented carvers/crafters.

I'm also researching Camp Gold Hollow near Nevada City, CA.
Reply to: #980501 by Wry Me
Oct 21, 2019 11:42am
Thread Board
Don't worry.
Hactar and the white killer robots of Krikkit will "guide" you.
Re: Annual Crafting/LTC retreat options
Reply to: #980503 by Wavesandwaterfalls
Oct 21, 2019 9:24pm
Thread Board
I am so excited to hear your findings....please keep us posted!😃🤞
Re: Revealing finders of mystery boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #980490 by Dawnkey
Oct 22, 2019 6:05am
Thread Board
This may be a local thing but when I find a mystery box, I talk with the planter afterwards, and they often mention other finders. If you really want to know, ask the box owner.
Reply to: #980508 by Summerfun
Oct 22, 2019 7:50am
Thread Board
If you've found the box, check the logbook within it? :-) That's really the only way to know since many don't record finds.
Reply to: #980509 by MichKathy
Oct 22, 2019 8:06am
Thread Board
If you've found the box, check the logbook within it?

Absolutely, when possible. But like I said in my original post, the original logbook was gone. The previous finders had kindly replaced it, I think because it was mush.
AQ messages
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Oct 22, 2019 10:42am
Thread Board
Is anyone else receiving multiple copies of the same messages? I've been receiving two or even three copies of the same "email" into my AQ Mailbox. System generated messages seem fine, it's every human-typed message that are doubled.
Re: AQ messages
Reply to: #980512 by RIclimber
Oct 22, 2019 11:28am
Thread Board
It's not happening now but it has happened in the past.
Oct 22, 2019 2:00pm
Thread Board
Yes, I just received two AQ messages from Dalmata in my AQ inbox (they looked identical to me but I didn't do a byte comparison)
Oct 22, 2019 2:54pm
Thread Board
Yep. Has happened quite a bit these last 2 weeks.
Reply to: #980515 by SherlockMiles
Oct 22, 2019 4:17pm
Thread Board
Me too just now.
Reply to: #980516 by A Okay
Oct 22, 2019 5:37pm
Thread Board
Yes me also but better than when we were not getting them. Ryan will take care of now that he knows.
Oct 23, 2019 2:40am
Thread Board
Same thing happening here... I figured Ryan’s still working out bugs from the move.
Mediums
Oct 23, 2019 7:27am
Thread Board
I finally caved and bought distress ink, and I wish I had done that sooner. I was wondering what everyone's favorite medium was to use when making LTC's? I'd love to learn some new tricks!
My Contacts
Oct 23, 2019 8:32am
Thread Board
I've created a short list of contacts (quite awhile ago) and I've noticed that I cannot access the links on those.

For example, I wanted to send a message to one of my contacts. I went to the page where they are listed, but when I click on the envelope icon, nothing happens. The same is true if I click on the profile icon. However, I can click on the "view logbook" and "notes" icons and those do work.

Clearly, I know that I can go to the People drop down menu and write an AQ message that way. This was just a shortcut I had set up which was working wonderfully well.

Thoughts?
Angel Wink
Re: Mediums
Reply to: #980520 by AdventurousAcorn
Oct 23, 2019 9:36am
Thread Board
All of them! Lol...well, I tend to use distress oxide inks and copic markers the most, but I have used many other art mediums as well....I think you'd have a great time at a crafting retreat/event! Be on the lookout for one to (hopefully) be listed soon!🤞😃
Re: My Contacts
Reply to: #980521 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 10:45am
Thread Board
I'm not sure what to tell you. As far as I can tell, everything is working properly. I even logged into your account, went to the My Contacts page, and clicked the profile button for every one of your contacts, but all of them worked just fine.

Maybe it was just a fluke? What browser are you using? Not that I can imagine that would be a problem. The icons are just simple links. It really shouldn't matter what browser you're using--a link is the same across all browsers.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980524 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 1:18pm
Thread Board
Very odd. When I click on the icon, the "read mail" of the person below flickers like crazy.

I use Google Chrome.

Maybe I'll delete all my contacts and then reload them. Thanks for your input.

AW
Reply to: #980526 by Angel Winks
Oct 23, 2019 5:35pm
Thread Board
I tried it in Chrome and saw the weird behavior you described. As far as I can tell, it's a browser bug. There's no reason I can find for the flicker and it appears limited to that browser. Seems like someone would have mentioned it sooner if it had been around since the very beginning.

Anyhow, I couldn't really find a way to make the flickering stop except by turning the "Read Mail" button into a link and it seems to work better on my system now. *shrug*

Very weird, though...

- Ryan
Reply to: #980528 by Green Tortuga
Oct 23, 2019 5:47pm
Thread Board
You are amazing. All is well again.
Thank you, Savannah!
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #975936 by Mama Stork
Oct 24, 2019 4:54am
Thread Board
Had a wonderful few days in this beautiful city! Due to a bum hip and a couple tropical rains, I didn't get to box nearly as much as I wanted nor did we get to do everything on our to-do list, but I would visit again in a heartbeat!

Only one letterbox this trip, from Bonaventure --crowds, mosquitoes, humidity, hip and noxer all came into play on that. You all weren't joking about bug spray in your clues!! The tour app was worth the $5.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. Will come back someday!
Re: Anyone want to join me Saturday morning?
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #980530 by SherlockMiles
Oct 24, 2019 5:18am
Thread Board
I'm hiking that morning with a group of girl scouts... I'd be interested in joining a different week though!
Re: Anyone want to join me Saturday morning?
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #980532 by shamrock mom
Oct 24, 2019 5:33am
Thread Board
Thanks.
Knoxville
Board: State: Tennessee
Oct 24, 2019 5:35am
Thread Board
Hi! Who among you is in the Knoxville area? I have a question about something there. Thank you!
Re: Funny, or obsession?
Reply to: #980413 by Damselfly
Oct 24, 2019 8:29am
Thread Board
I carve way, way, way more than I plant. Because people like my carves, what I do is I go to Susquehanna Sojourn every year, which is a festival relatively near me and I post on the bulletin board there that I have free series for people to take. Last year I gave away over a hundred stamps. As long as I don't care about the stamps once they go out into the world then this works really well for me as a way to let people enjoy the stamps, but I don't have to plant them or pay for the boxes for planting.
Re: Writing clues in Word first
Reply to: #980468 by Rocklun
Oct 24, 2019 8:32am
Thread Board
That sucks. Glad the coffee gave you extra drive to see it through!
Reply to: #980359 by DM Scuba Brat
Oct 24, 2019 8:48am
Thread Board
The poor bunny! I'm glad you were able to give it a new home. I love your story!