About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

2019 Year in Review stamps
Board: Event News and Planning
Oct 19, 2019 6:59am
Board
Hi all - As the year is begining to wind down, I thought I'd put out another request for stamps for the 2019 Year in Review event being held over New Years weekend up here in snowy Maine. If you can carve a stamp, I'd very much appreciate any help I can get. Due date to receive the stamps is 12/27/19. After the event concludes, the whole collection of stamps will be made into a Time Capsule event box, which can travel to events across the US. Currently the Time Capsule 2017 & Time Capsule 2018 event boxes are available to travel (with 40+ stamps each, they are a little heavy but I don't mind paying the postage for each to be sent as long as the requester doesn't mind paying for it to be returned to me.)

Here are the trackers for the event, with ideas for stamps:
2019 News and Current Events
2019 Pop Culture, Trends and Entertainment
Sports in 2019
In Memoriam 2019
My 2019

Again, thanks for any help that can be had. It's very much appreciated and the drop-in participants love to see other folks work.
Jiffy
Re: Writing clues in Word first
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #980466 by Rocklun
Oct 19, 2019 7:01am
Thread Board
Drank more coffee, wrote the clues in Word, and am now DONE!!
Re: Happy AQ Day to Aunt Agatha
Board: Region: Midwest
Reply to: #980461 by Maude
Oct 19, 2019 7:15am
Thread Board
We do love you, Aunt Agatha! So glad you are always thinking😁🤭🤔
Re: Verifying email address
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #980463 by Warrior Woman
Oct 19, 2019 8:56am
Thread Board
I'm getting the same thing.
Re: Boxing on my birthday or....
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #980464 by Grrly Girl
Oct 19, 2019 9:26am
Thread Board
There's just one explanation: Infinite Improbability Drive.
And it could have been a whale and petunias.

"Oh no! Not again!"
Reply to: #980471 by Snark
Oct 19, 2019 12:52pm
Thread Board
42!

KuKu
Do AtlasQuest and Letterboxing.org sync finds?
Oct 19, 2019 1:04pm
Thread Board
Today I was logging some old finds and I noticed that when searching up a box that I had already logged on AQ on LbNA and I noticed that it had a “My Finds” section on it on the search page. However, when I clicked on it, it didn’t show that I had logged it. I use the same username so I was wondering if it is possible that it is syncing my finds! Thanks in advance if anyone has information on this.
Halloween
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Oct 19, 2019 1:59pm
Thread Board
So my Halloween boxes are in place :) a bit later than usual, but they'll be out until mid November! Come to Doylestown and find these fun boxes. Lotus
Re: Do AtlasQuest and Letterboxing.org sync finds?
Reply to: #980473 by NeonKraken
Oct 19, 2019 2:39pm
Thread Board
No, there are no finds being synced.

-- Ryan
Trip planner
Oct 19, 2019 5:10pm
Thread Board
Trip planner is not finding nearby boxes for me. I can find the boxes by searching individual towns, but the boxes along the route are not showing.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?tripId=4898

PIJoe apparently uses advanced search instead of trip planner and Miss Moon uses individual towns along the route instead of trip planner. Nevertheless I thought you should know I can't get trip planner to work although I have in the past.
Re: Trip planner
Reply to: #980476 by Wronghat
Oct 19, 2019 5:38pm
Thread Board
You'll have to give me better directions for that. I logged into your account, went to the trip page, clicked the "Nearby boxes" and it popped up fine.

I also tried using the "Trip Search" option on Simple Searches, and it worked fine.

And the search worked fine on the Advanced Search page.

So.... I'm not sure what you did, but it all looks fine as far as I can tell!

-- Ryan
Reply to: #980477 by Green Tortuga
Oct 19, 2019 5:50pm
Thread Board
You'll have to give me better directions for that.

Somebody must have fixed it. Thanks.
Reply to: #980464 by Grrly Girl
Oct 19, 2019 6:14pm
Thread Board
It’s the petunias that will get you.....
Reply to: #980434 by DM Scuba Brat
Oct 19, 2019 7:25pm
Thread Board
Both of ours are supposed to be checkered giants (however I don't think they are pure bred...weigh about 5-6 lbs each). They are both dark eyed, have colored ears & body is white with spine markings & spots (one has black markings & the other has light brown markings).

But you hit the jackpot with boxing & bunnies!
Re: Halloween
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #980474 by lotus
Oct 20, 2019 3:52am
Thread Board
Yippee!!! Love these boxes. They are so much fun!!!!
Pow Wow box in Nasville
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Oct 20, 2019 5:48am
Board
https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=310422
🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁
I'm posting this here in case anybody is in the Nashville area and is going to the last day of the powwow today. I planted this as my birthday plant yesterday. My birthday has been at the pow wow 3 years in a row.
They carve is from an old shuswap lake dancer from exactly 50 years ago. (Not Nashville, though.

🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁🛶🌲🥁
Reply to: #980476 by Wronghat
Oct 20, 2019 6:11am
Thread Board
PIJoe apparently uses advanced search instead of trip planner

To be clear, I use trip planner to create a custom trip route. Once that is saved I use the advanced search page to search along that path with the advanced search options I want.
Re: HaPpY CaKe DaY, MrO!
Board: State: California
Reply to: #980462 by Kelsung
Oct 20, 2019 1:16pm
Thread Board
Thanks guys!

And yes...there is probably a bonus...
Reply to: #980470 by Wise Wanderer
Oct 20, 2019 2:16pm
Thread Board
The message I get is on AQ, telling me that 'mail' has bounced back. Is the bounced mail just the notification (to yahoo) that I have new messages? Or are the actual AQ messages bouncing off to somewhere unknown? I don't have the actual messages forwarded, just the notification that I have new messages.
Reply to: #980485 by Wise Wanderer
Oct 20, 2019 2:58pm
Thread Board
It would just be the notifications of new AQ mail. That's all you should be getting.
Stamp Identification help
Board: State: Connecticut
Oct 20, 2019 3:53pm
Thread Board
My daughters and I found our first DEP State Forest Seedling letterbox today. Inside the box was another stamp commemorating Connecticut's 375th Anniversary... I couldn't find any listing for it, but am curious about the story behind it... can anyone offer any insights?
Re: interest in a mini meet in central NY?
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #979945 by Red Barn Photos
Oct 20, 2019 6:05pm
Thread Board
So bummed I missed this by a day!!! I hope there is a next time!!
Revealing finders of mystery boxes
Board: Suggestion Box
Oct 20, 2019 6:47pm
Thread Board
This certainly isn't crucial or high-priority, but I was wondering if a feature could be added such that if one finds a mystery box, then that finder could see who else has found said box. Currently finders of mystery boxes display as Undisclosed, which I get, but once a person has found it they might be curious to see who else has.

I know you can look at the actual logbook if it's there, but it's not always there. As an example, yesterday I found a mystery box. The previous finder was the first finder in many years. The logbook was a mess, so they graciously replaced it. When I found the box, I saw their stamp, but I became curious about who the early finders of this box might have been.

Anyway, it's just a thought. Kind of sort of like a trigger for when you find a parent box you can then see the listing of a bonus box.
Re: HaPpY CaKe DaY, MrO!
Board: State: California
Reply to: #980435 by JampersandJ
Oct 20, 2019 6:55pm
Thread Board
And after you scamper like a goat up and across the boulders in the desert heat outside of Oatman, and you just give up and sit down to rest... you just MIGHT accidentally find the location...
Thanks for all the goat-y times MrO and happy aqversary!!
Re: interest in a mini meet in central NY?
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #980489 by MTnestRobin
Oct 20, 2019 7:05pm
Thread Board
We had a great time - more meets in the future, for sure!
Re: Revealing finders of mystery boxes
Reply to: #980490 by Dawnkey
Oct 20, 2019 7:51pm
Thread Board
I was wondering if a feature could be added such that if one finds a mystery box, then that finder could see who else has found said box.

I'm not sure what this says about my personality but my first thought was that if this feature was implemented all someone who was curious about previous finders would have to do is claim a find, look at the real finders, and then delete their find.
Reply to: #980493 by PI Joe
Oct 20, 2019 9:46pm
Thread Board
Also, the finders who are "undisclosed" may have private logbooks, and want to keep their finds to themselves.
Reply to: #980494 by Wise Wanderer
Oct 21, 2019 4:22am
Thread Board
Also, the finders who are "undisclosed" may have private logbooks, and want to keep their finds to themselves.

That’s a different reason for a finder to appear as Undisclosed, and I’d never advocate for people who want to keep their logbooks private to be revealed. I was just suggesting it for when the system isn’t revealing finders’ identity, not for when the finders have that set as a preference.

PI Joe makes a good point, though, and I guess I don’t see a way around that one.
Re: Stamp Identification help
Reply to: #980488 by shamrock mom
Oct 21, 2019 6:06am
Thread Board
Inside the box was another stamp commemorating Connecticut's 375th Anniversary

The state added those stamps to some or all of the seedling boxes, I forget what year that was. These boxes are pretty old.

It doesn't matter how many stamps are inside the box, it's still just one letterbox, so there would be only one listing.
Re: Stamp Identification help
Reply to: #980496 by Trailhead Tessie
Oct 21, 2019 6:59am
Thread Board
Thanks! I wasn’t sure what it was. The additional stamp has a 2010 date