Oct 10, 2019 6:21am
Thread Board
Congratulations and thank you!
Re: Feeling slightly accomplished...
Board: State: Michigan
Reply to: #980187 by Angel Winks
Oct 10, 2019 6:35am
Thread Board
Congrats to AW for an awesome goal-reaching day!! Those 11 will get done yet..... :)
Oct 10, 2019 9:45am
Thread Board
Woot, woot, well done! Now you just need to update your map! :)
Oct 10, 2019 10:58am
Thread Board
Woot! Woot! Great job, that is an accomplishment... and a boon for the rest of us Michiganders! Thank you!
Re: Moms series
Board: State: Missouri
Reply to: #980183 by rozebud
Oct 10, 2019 11:31am
Thread Board
I would be happy to plant them for you both, i will pm you my address if you want to mail them.
Oct 10, 2019 2:30pm
Thread Board
Yahoooo, congrats and best wishes on your quest!
Re: Moms series
Reply to: #980195 by MO UR4Me
Oct 10, 2019 2:41pm
Thread Board
Thanks.
Oct 10, 2019 7:37pm
Thread Board
Congratulations! I think I have 4 left for the lower peninsula.
Come to "So Long & Thanks for all the Craft Supplies" 10/17
Oct 10, 2019 8:25pm
Thread Board
Hi friends, if you're available, please jump over to aMAZEing adventure frog's pad next Thursday for happy hour, 4-7pm-ish. I'll bring all the letterboxing and craft supplies that I'm offloading prior to moving to Delaware.

I tried to make a potluck signup on the event, but it didn't work, so unless I can figure out how to edit it, just bring something to nosh or drink, if you like.

Hope to see you there! https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4236

rozebud
Re: New Maniac!!!
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #980048 by foxfriend
Oct 10, 2019 9:28pm
Thread Board
Welcome!!! You went right through my town to get to Georgetown. I am guessing you went to Five Islands Lobster? Good place! I was off at a wedding that day, but if I knew ahead of time I would have quickly made up a stamp for you to get or something. Hope you make it to the coast again! There are several of us in the area. I can count at least 6 within 15 min of my home!
Re: Come to "So Long & Thanks for all the Craft Supplies" 10/17
Reply to: #980199 by rozebud
Oct 11, 2019 3:55am
Thread Board
I will try and make a quick stop, I have to be back north of Wentzville by 5:30. Thank you, AAF!
Ridley Creek
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Oct 11, 2019 5:08am
Thread Board
Heading out today with 2 noxer friends to check on my boxes. Finally, have been putting it off but have had reports of missing and water logged boxes. I know I won’t get to them all, not sure of attention span of my friends. Would like to search for some new boxes that are but need to set my priorities. We shall see...
Updated clues.
Board: State: Maine
Oct 11, 2019 5:56am
Board
Updated clues to Lovey. Didn’t realize I never put in a location. Sorry about that 🤦‍♀️. Anyone who has this box printed or saved, might want to reprint.
Happy seeking 😁
Re: Ridley Creek
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #980203 by Mizscarlet
Oct 11, 2019 8:13am
Thread Board
Have fun! I’m real close in Springfield... if you ever need me to check on a box, let me know. I know your bat box there wa pretty soaked.
Lisa
Reply to: #980199 by rozebud
Oct 11, 2019 8:14am
Thread Board
Oh wow! Where in Delaware? I’m just over the PA line...
New Tracker! Day of Decades 2020
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Oct 11, 2019 9:26am
Board
Please consider carving or donating a stamp to our upcoming event! To be held in North Alabama in the spring of 2020! Exact location and date TBA.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10329
Dream Letterbox Event
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Oct 11, 2019 9:31am
Thread Board
I had an interesting dream last night, the last dream of the night which is why I remember it.

I was at a letterboxing event, with at least 20 people there but there were probably more because there were people everywhere. I had forgotten my personal stamp. I was going to stamp the tabletop box stamps then carve a new personal stamp.

While I had been looking in my bag for my personal stamp I found two large (roughly 6"×8") stamps that I had carved for night boxes but hadn't yet planted. (They were very detailed stamps, but I can imagine better than I can carve.) One of them was only about half carved, but by the time I got it to the table and looked at it again it was fully carved. I noticed this inconsistency in my dream, and was trying to figure out what had happened.

Shortly after I had put them on the table for others to stamp, one of my stamps went missing. I was trying to find out where it and the other tabletop boxes had gone when I woke up.

First, have you ever dreamt of letterboxing or a letterboxing event? Are you willing to share?

Second, have you ever dreamt of something then wanted to carve it? I don't remember enough of the details of my stamps to carve then and I probably won't carve a stamp that large (especially for a night box), but I do want to carve a detailed stamp for a night box. A long time ago I carved a stamp for a night box but haven't yet planted it. Perhaps that is where the idea in my dream came from. I just looked for this stamp, but I haven't found it among my other stamps.

Third, does this bring up any interesting things you want to share?
Re: Dream Letterbox Event
Reply to: #980208 by Oberon_Kenobi
Oct 11, 2019 9:53am
Thread Board
I've had a few letterboxing dreams. Off the top of my head, I can only remember a few scenes from 2 of them. One was sort-of a road rally event through my neighborhood... a bunch of us piling into a few cars and driving around to find boxes (which don't currently exist).

The other was just letterboxing-related... let's just say I had recently read up on the office shenanigans of an infamous letterboxer, so in the dream, we were working at the same job.

I know I've had a few other letterboxing dreams, but they fade. I haven't had a dream of something to carve. While my dreams can be pretty involved productions, I generally don't get specific details in them. Faces and details are usually blurred. Or they don't make sense, like the dream of a math equation I wrote and was solving in a bar. The equation was made up of beers and cocktails across the bar top. It was so vivid in the dream (and I was so proud of it), but what the heck were the parentheses made of?!?
D-Day 2020, a Day of Decades Event
Board: Region: Southeast
Oct 11, 2019 10:30am
Thread Board
Please consider carving or donating a stamp to our upcoming event! To be held in North Alabama in the spring of 2020! Exact location and date TBA.
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10329
Re: D-Day 2020, a Day of Decades Event
Reply to: #980210 by Bama Beach Bum
Oct 11, 2019 10:47am
Thread Board
I'm hosting an event in October 2020 with one stamp from each decade 1610-2010. If you want to donate a couple of stamps after your event, I haven't planned anything for the 1900's yet...
Re: Dream Letterbox Event
Reply to: #980209 by Rebiccola
Oct 11, 2019 11:03am
Thread Board
I often dream (or day-dream) about winning the lottery and taking all my awesome letterboxing friends on a two week trip to Dartmoor to explore the moor and find letterboxes. We stay at a quaint B&B that serves proper British tea, hunt letterboxes by day and by night hang out a a small pub that for some bizarre reason favors 90s pop karaoke nights at which I dream my letterboxing friends are excellent.
Reply to: #980211 by RIclimber
Oct 11, 2019 11:18am
Thread Board
Are the stamps for your event permanent plants?
Reply to: #980211 by RIclimber
Oct 11, 2019 11:27am
Thread Board
I’m sure we will be able to send some your way! Our event will be some time in April. I am pretty scatterbrained so if you could send me a message close to then or right after to make sure I remember I would greatly appreciate it!
Family Guy series
Board: Stamp Swap
Oct 11, 2019 12:10pm
Thread Board
I have 9 Family Guy series stamps available for planting anywhere in the US -

Peter, Lois, Meg, Chris, Stewie, and Brian carved by me

Chris, Stewie, and Quagmire carved by cooled coyote (I was going to use these more detailed stamps for bonus boxes, but do with what you will)

These stamps were carved for and previously used for my Letterboxers Egg Hunt 2019 - Animation Event

Please help find the Griffin family a good home!

Warrior Woman
who hasn't been able to get out on the trail for a while
Happy Birthday Luke Perry
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Oct 11, 2019 1:52pm
Thread Board
Luke Perry - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Luke_Perry
Coy Luther "Luke" Perry III (October 11, 1966 – March 4, 2019)
Reply to: #980206 by idlemoon
Oct 11, 2019 3:20pm
Thread Board
I'm looking for a place somewhere between Wilmington and Newark, so we'll practically be neighbors, idlemoon!
Re: Happy Birthday Luke Perry
Reply to: #980217 by Grrly Girl
Oct 11, 2019 4:01pm
Thread Board
Whenever you see something like that, please send me an AQ mail. I have now removed Mr. Perry's birthday thanks to a message from Trivia Daddy of the J Walkers.

TG
Reply to: #980219 by Trekkie Gal
Oct 11, 2019 5:01pm
Thread Board
Whenever you see something like that, please send me an AQ mail. I have now removed Mr. Perry's birthday thanks to a message from Trivia Daddy of the J Walkers.

It's still his birthday...
Reply to: #980220 by wassamatta u
Oct 11, 2019 7:41pm
Thread Board
It's still his birthday...

It is, but per Ryan's rules, the birthday section is only for people who are still alive.

TG