Sep 19, 2019 8:15am
Thread Board
Yay!! Thanks, Yumgirl!!
Re: Annual Crafting/LTC retreat options
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Reply to: #978907 by Gypsy Fiddler
Sep 19, 2019 8:53am
Thread Board
I cast another vote for Tenn. Hopefully, its in the running.
Reply to: #979559 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 19, 2019 11:14am
Thread Board
Yes, I did see the availability was somewhat limited. This may be an option to keep in mind for a subsequent year to book earlier.
Re: Your AQ Santa 2019 is live!
Board: Mysterious Capers and Sneaky Stuff
Reply to: #979567 by Yumgirl
Sep 19, 2019 12:04pm
Thread Board
So excited to do this again! Last year was so much fun! Thank you for hosting!
Re: Retreat
Reply to: #978897 by Linden Leaf
Sep 19, 2019 12:27pm
Thread Board
I think the first half of November might be better for me, but October could work.
Reply to: #979550 by Maude
Sep 19, 2019 12:42pm
Thread Board
I have been to a a couple GS events and there were great. We would bring in food, no cooking, or my thought was go get food and meet back at the dining hall or order food in... Many options there since we are so close to so many places.
Reply to: #979552 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 19, 2019 12:49pm
Thread Board
They have the 6-8 ft tables and and maybe round tables. As far as chairs, I am sure it is a standard chair for events. Yes on the outlets. The price is the same no matter which cabin you are in...

Hope this helps :)
PSA: Cellphone in Maine
Board: Region: Northeast
Sep 19, 2019 1:17pm
Thread Board
Today our new hands free cell phone policy went into effect. You cannot use your phone in your car if it is running... which includes being stuck in traffic, at an intersection, at drive throughs or while driving.

The first fine was reported as $50 - but rumor has it that the first time caught is actually $230. Besides - the phone can wait - people who love you would rather see you home than in a wreck.
Re: PSA: Cellphone in Maine
Reply to: #979580 by mudflinginfools
Sep 19, 2019 2:08pm
Thread Board
The only exception is if you make a 911 call, which surely will be verified.

Today we had four vehicles pull over to the side of the road to use their cell in front of us. Three just barely got off the road, a challenge with oncoming traffic. The fourth pulled over in an intersection, bailed out of his truck and displayed a fine example of road rage!

Yes, by all means safety first. What did we do before cell phones and the electronic leash? Got home, checked the answering machine and returned calls, hmmm!
Reply to: #979581 by Daytrippers 54
Sep 19, 2019 2:23pm
Thread Board
Love my land line.
Reply to: #979581 by Daytrippers 54
Sep 19, 2019 2:44pm
Thread Board
AS I was posting this - some lady pulled in my driveway - blocked me in and proceeded to spend 20 minutes on her phone... I tried to get Ron to go out and drive around the block - but he wasn't playing along ;)
Re: interest in a mini meet in central NY?
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #979544 by Red Barn Photos
Sep 19, 2019 3:01pm
Thread Board
A bunch of us did a mini meet a few years ago at Sammy Malones in Baldwinsville where Boingo Chick works and it was a lot of fun meeting local boxers. We would be up to go so let us know or if you need any help!
Re: Retreat
Reply to: #979576 by Maude
Sep 19, 2019 3:22pm
Thread Board
Oct-Nov will not be good for me 🙁
Reply to: #979583 by mudflinginfools
Sep 19, 2019 3:57pm
Thread Board
Unfortunately at some point, this will cause an issue of its own. Blocking the wrong persons driveway, not completely getting out of the travel lane, etc. All in a hurry to answer the phone in an unlikely emergency.
Free Museum Day
Board: Yakking It Up
Sep 19, 2019 4:21pm
Thread Board
This Saturday is the Smithsonian Free Museum Day. Go to the Smithsonian website to see what museums in your area are participating and for directions on how to print the free tickets.
Reply to: #979572 by SpringChick
Sep 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread Board
Any talk ever of having the option of gents attending too?
Belchertown Fair 2019
Board: State: Massachusetts
Sep 19, 2019 5:13pm
Thread Board
It's official our 2019 box to commemorate the Belchertown fair is up and active! If your in the area this weekend and this weekend only check it out. The fair is a great community event!

https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=309476
Akron area boxers
Board: State: Ohio
Sep 19, 2019 5:32pm
Thread Board
Recently planted 13 box series looking for clue testers ... Happy to share planting credit ... you already have my gratitude!
Reply to: #979589 by Team Awesome Pants
Sep 19, 2019 5:45pm
Thread Board
ok with me....
IP address changes....
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Sep 19, 2019 5:52pm
Board
Hey, everyone!

My hosting provider to changing my IP addresses, which invariably tends to cause problems. Officially, the IP address change happens at the end of the month, but the new IP addresses are available now so I have time to make the necessary changes.

So! I've been updating the IP addresses in the DNS entries. As far as I know, everything should continue to work as normal. You shouldn't see any downtime or changes. I don't think I've ever had an IP address ever change without a hitch, though, so please be patient if problems happen. I'll work through them.

I already started changing the stuff for my "minor" websites that have less risk if something bad happens like Backcountry Water and the only issue I've noticed so far is that when I try to send an email from my Gmail account to my email at backcountry-water.com, it fails. Other email providers, it works fine. It seems to be just limited to Gmail and I haven't been able to figure out why.

So... if you send AQ mail through your Gmail account, it might be an issue. I haven't changed a couple of DNS entries for this reason (yet) so it shouldn't be a problem at the moment, but at the end of the month.... maybe it will be.

Anyhow, I just wanted to give everyone a head's up about the change and that there could--theoretically--be unexpected downtime because of it. At least for the next couple of weeks (and especially around the end of the month).

-- Ryan
Reply to: #979586 by Daytrippers 54
Sep 19, 2019 6:05pm
Thread Board
In NY blocking a driveway is a vehicle and traffic violation.
Reply to: #979580 by mudflinginfools
Sep 19, 2019 6:08pm
Thread Board
In NY the fine is the small part, The surcharge from the state is sometimes almost 4 times the fine amount.
Re: Free Museum Day
Reply to: #979588 by DS
Sep 19, 2019 6:10pm
Thread Board
I thought the Smithsonian was always free??
Reply to: #979596 by Yosemite MJD
Sep 19, 2019 6:32pm
Thread Board
This is one day for free entrance to museums all over the country. Go to the site and see if there are museums near you which are participating!
Reply to: #979596 by Yosemite MJD
Sep 19, 2019 6:33pm
Thread Board
I thought the Smithsonian was always free??

The Smithsonian museums in DC are always free. The original poster was talking about Museum Day (9/21), hosted by Smithsonian magazine, where participating museums across the country are free to anyone with a Museum Day ticket.
Reply to: #979589 by Team Awesome Pants
Sep 19, 2019 6:35pm
Thread Board
So no wearing jammies in the craft room?
I personally enjoy the “ladies” craft retreat, but if they are in a separate cabin it could work. Is there interest?
Reply to: #979599 by Kiss'n Karin
Sep 19, 2019 7:21pm
Thread Board
I don't know that anyone has ever been asked, but know there are men who carve, make cards, plant, write clues also, same interests, and I can't imagine having any issues with wearing my flannels in front of too many. :•}
Reply to: #979588 by DS
Sep 19, 2019 7:53pm
Thread Board
SWMBO and I just printed out our ticket for a nearby place we've always wanted to visit. Thanks for the tip!
Reply to: #979601 by Kirbert
Sep 19, 2019 8:26pm
Thread Board
Sure, glad for people to be able to take advantage of this. There are 2 here in Orlando we are planning to visit that I haven't been to yet.
Reply to: #978907 by Gypsy Fiddler
Sep 20, 2019 4:48am
Thread Board
I have never been because I have to pick and choose my travel plans without family. I love all the suggestions of NY - that would make the decision easy.