Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Wasn't Ryan spotted with a camel recently?
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Maybe they have s shopping badge.
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
https://www.etsy.com/listing/163881095/scout-letterbox At least they look like nice stamps! I wonder who gets a carving credit on the box?
by uneksiaProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Massachusetts
hillsboro nh has a one room schoolhouse, and a town pound and perhaps a historical marker (tho i am not positive about that one). pretty much in the same location. there just happens to be a letterbox at the town pound, just saying. smile
by Angel WinksProfileContactLogbookNote
I've met this letterboxer and she's very involved in letterboxing. Just by reading the information on the Etsy site, you can tell she understands letterboxing and is explaining it well to the buyers. I like this idea of the Scouts/Brownies having the o...
by detectiveProfileContactLogbookNote
Apparently you don't need to do anything but spend a little money to get a badge. I totally get where the sarcasm comes from here and in the other messages re: these Etsy boxes! However, for context we should consider a few things about the Brownie Sco...
by LROSEMProfileContactLogbookNote
A lot of what takes place in a Brownie troop is very dependent on the troop leaders as well as the councils. Our troop is large so we split into two groups and hid temporary boxes for each other. It worked well except that my group made a mistake on...
by NatureMamaB6ProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you for this information. Unfortunately there are no NH historical Markers but I will go looking for the town pound and school.
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
I would rather find a juvenile depiction of a cat done by a Brownie than a professionally done letterbox purchased for the sole purpose of learning about letterboxing and getting a badge. When I hunt for a Brownie letterbox I expect the quality to be...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
I have done that in the past when we were planning ahead. Sometimes we do not plan ahead. We just go. 🙂
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I was originally under the impression that the main goal of the badge was planting a box -- choosing the spot, writing the clue, etc. So, really, is the fact that you bought the things in four different places so much better? At least this way, there i...
When I hunt for a Brownie letterbox I expect the quality to be commensurate with the age of the troop, not a purchased product. That's what makes them so darn cute! That and the million teeny stamps without trail names taking up your entire logbook! Th...
Is the person selling this a letterboxer? Is seems to go against the spirit of both scouting and Letterboxing. This is the part where we all pretend we didn't just look up their trailname. Or fart in the elevator.
by uneksiaProfileContactLogbookNote
the franklin pierce homestead is close by and it does have a historical marker, also the stone arch bridge which is near the downtown area. smile
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
My expertise here is that I came to letterboxing through my daughter's Brownie Troop. She lost interest but I kept it up. This is our experience as well. My daughter at the time was ambitious and she earned all the badges. We looked at the letterboxi...
by Red JohnProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: History is Alive
at Baumetes Prison in Marseille, France, Hamida Djandoubi, a Tunisian immigrant convicted of murder, becomes the last person executed by guillotine. Red John
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Or fart in the elevator. "One must never own up to a fart in public. That is the unwritten law, the single most stringent protocol of American etiquette. Farts come from no one and nowhere; they are anonymous emanations that belong to the group as a wh...
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
I prefer to turn and look in the direction of the accused. It couldn't possibly be me. I cannot turn and look at myself. Impossible. Accordingly, it was someone else.
by GypsyLadybugProfileContactLogbookNote
We should all remember this is a fun hobby with preferred expectations. Everyone interprets "the rules" differently. It is wonderful the hobby continues to gain new letterboxers. We must remember they are new, often excited, and happy to share their...
What a fun day at Rush Creek in Harvard, IL. Thank you for the wonderful day! It was great to see friends and make new letterboxing friends. My little Mack Mermaid and I can't wait for the next event.
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: California
Hello All, The Mystery Host HHH has been relocated, so close to an offramp, and such easy access! https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=274524 Great off ramp to get food, a park for the kids to run off energy and to take a break from the tra...
by Three FLAmigo'sProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Connecticut
Since Bungalow Boxer moved to Florida now I need to find a new hiking buddy for when visiting in Connecticut! There is a series on the Airline Trail in East Hampton that I'd like to do in addition to some maintenance on our own boxes. Sunday September...
by MO UR4MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stupider Questions About Letterboxing
OK, so just to be clear, I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30? I just want to make SURE, as I have five newbies helping me...
by JanilaProfileContactLogbookNote
I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30? If they are set up in advance as reserved boxes, you will still need to actually activa...
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
I can activate a reserved box today and, during the activation process, make the plant date 9/30/19 and it won't show up in searches or in notifications until 9/30? No, if you activate them today, they will be listed for everyone to see immediately--an...
by MizscarletProfileContactLogbookNote
Yes, above all we need to be kind and welcoming. We might disagree about the details but we should try and remember we were all newbies once.
by Perfect PairProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Michigan
Thank you everyone! We appreciate the tips!!
Have such a good time.
by Perfect PairProfileContactLogbookNote
I just stumbled across this article online from March...just wondering if anyone else had seen it? it lists a few letterboxes from some familiar names :) https://www.metroparent.com/daily/family-fun/family-activities/letterboxing-fun-for-families-in-...
That is a great article.