About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Having Problem With My Event Times
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Aug 18, 2019 8:16pm
Thread Board
I have 2 events listed on 10/12/19. Both are showing start and end times on 12:00 AM and I cannot get the times to set differently -- every time I put in the correct times and save the event, it reverts back to 12:00 AM. This doesn't seem to be an issue on other events I am looking at... what am I doing wrong?
Re: Having Problem With My Event Times
Reply to: #978529 by SpringChick
Aug 18, 2019 9:30pm
Thread Board
You aren't doing anything wrong... just a bug in the code that I introduced while fixing a different bug in the code.

Sorry about that! It should be fixed now. Give it another whirl! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Email scam used my old LBNA password
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #978467 by Green Tortuga
Aug 18, 2019 10:42pm
Thread Board
Then they'll keep trying to scam you at your old address. At least until the next hack happens.... (And there will be more!)

Damnit, would you people stop discussing this and send me the bitcoin already?!?
Re: Peace Out
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #978501 by Daytrippers 54
Aug 19, 2019 2:01am
Thread Board
It was great to see folks again and I sure enjoyed my tour of the cemetery.
I'm so glad I bought a new set of colored markers; phew!!! Thanks to ALL the organizers, carvers and attendees for making Woodstock 50 fun. So glad the rain held off also.
Re: AQversary
Board: State: Tennessee
Reply to: #978524 by DS
Aug 19, 2019 2:07am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary!!
Re: The FPS...
Reply to: #978471 by mudflinginfools
Aug 19, 2019 4:19am
Thread Board
Me too!
Reply to: #978468 by Basset Mom
Aug 19, 2019 4:21am
Thread Board
Really great day of boxes and friends. We'll be back to the area - so many more boxes to get!
Reply to: #978467 by Green Tortuga
Aug 19, 2019 4:43am
Thread Board
Yep, it's sad that I've realized that a benefit of moving all my stuff to a laptop is that I can now go through my spam filter while watching TV...
Reply to: #978540 by SherlockMiles
Aug 19, 2019 4:54am
Thread Board
OMG! You didn't get them all??? How is that possible??? :)
Greenlawn Cemetery--what the heck?
Board: State: Ohio
Aug 19, 2019 5:14am
Thread Board
Late Saturday night TMD called for a mental health boxing day. The stars aligned and we are able to take a WHOLE DAY this coming Saturday so decided to venture back to Columbus as it has been a few years (4.5 to be exact) since we boxed that area and I knew from this board that there had been recent activity. I figured we were good for a late start, 1/2 day at Greenlawn, a leisurely lunch, maybe another stop or two and then home for a late dinner

So, imagine my SHOCK when I ran a search and found more than 40 entries for Greenlawn Cemetery alone since we last were there--and many of these are series. Holy cow!! This is going to take a bit more prep than I expected, lol.

Looking forward to an adventure Saturday--thank you all for providing a much needed distraction!!
Re: Greenlawn Cemetery--what the heck?
Board: State: Ohio
Reply to: #978544 by Mama Stork
Aug 19, 2019 5:33am
Thread Board
Looking forward to an adventure Saturday-

We spent a day and a half there in June, had a wonderful time in a beautiful cemetery and found 73 boxes. We only searched for two that we felt were missing and also found two that others had marked as missing. It was a great experience!
Re: Having Problem With My Event Times
Reply to: #978530 by Green Tortuga
Aug 19, 2019 5:46am
Thread Board
That worked! Thanks Ryan!
Re: Hitch Hiker Hostel
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #978396 by Hotcakes
Aug 19, 2019 9:07am
Thread Board
I saw it so long ago... I will look again. I'm not sure where it was.
Re: Open day
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #978518 by Basset Mom
Aug 19, 2019 9:10am
Thread Board
I've heard that there is a day where the site is opened up so that people can record restricted boxes that they've happened to find.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think that Hat Day opens restricted boxes for all to see (if they don’t meet the restrictions). I think it only allows people to record a find on unlisted boxes, so you would have to record the box as “unlisted” and then mark it “found”.
Reply to: #978531 by Eidolon
Aug 19, 2019 10:34am
Thread Board
I want my $10 million from that minister in Nigeria!
Re: Mystery Postal #420 is now open
Board: Postals
Reply to: #978473 by IrishRef
Aug 19, 2019 10:49am
Thread Board
There were many obvious answers and a few obscure ones from those that have played often.

Clue 2 = 4
Reply to: #978566 by MissMoon
Aug 19, 2019 11:19am
Thread Board

Too late! I've already paid the taxes due on the frozen assets so the money can be released. A tidy sum should be in my bank account very soon!

Best retirement plan ever!
Reply to: #978568 by dingus dufus
Aug 19, 2019 1:11pm
Thread Board
Too late! I've already paid the taxes due on the frozen assets so the money can be released. A tidy sum should be in my bank account very soon!

Humph. I'll just get in touch with my BFF Michelle Obama, who sends me email all the time. She'll get this cleared up post haste.
Re: Muggle Cards in Spanish?
Board: Suggestion Box
Reply to: #978429 by PeaceLovePiano and Mom
Aug 19, 2019 2:03pm
Thread Board
Side 1 Muggle card:
Para obtener mas acerca de las cartas en cajas por favor visite los siguientes recursos en linea:

Atlas Quest
http://www.atlasquest.com

Cartas en cajas of North America

http://www.letterboxing.org
http://www.letterboxing.info

Side 2 Muggle Card:

Que son cartas en cajas?
Cartas en cajas es un intrigante pasatiempo artistico con abilidad de “encontrar un tesoro” en lugares preciosos de paisajes. Participantes buscando cartas en cajas escondidas deben de seguir las siguientes pistas, y despues escribir el descubrimiento en su diario personal con la ayuda de un sello que esta dentro de la caja. En adicion, cajas de cartas tienen su propio sello que se usa para marcar detro de su diario personal.

Not translated word for word, but for the meaning.
Reply to: #978570 by Trishee
Aug 19, 2019 2:38pm
Thread Board
Doesn't "carta" mean "letter" (postage) or "playing card"? And we had a discussion a few years ago about what word to use in Spanish for "stamp"; I think we settled on "estampa".
Reply to: #978566 by MissMoon
Aug 19, 2019 2:53pm
Thread Board

You mean the illustrious Mr. John Pujeh?
Re: Age or Inactivity to Attempt?
Reply to: #978523 by Nairon
Aug 19, 2019 2:53pm
Thread Board
All this thread has shown is that the “old last finds” setting on AQ searches is bad, very bad. I’m not opposed to it being there as an option, but I think the default for new players should be “off” because far to many people are unaware those preferences even exist. Perfectly good letterboxes are being forgotten, and since new people don’t know they are there to find, that old last find just gets older.

Whenever I’m in an area where I remember finding boxes before, I check up on them for maintenance. I have an alias I use explicitly to log new finds to keep them in searches, but I can’t “refind” every old box that is still viable.

K
Reply to: #978562 by Wise Wanderer
Aug 19, 2019 3:04pm
Thread Board
Correct. Hat Day wouldn’t let you see a restricted box you are otherwise unable to see (unless the restriction is “premium members only” which is rare). But if someone who met the restriction took you along and you found the box, Hat Day would let you record it as an unlisted find (cuz it’s unlisted to YOU).

K
Reply to: #978571 by Oberon_Kenobi
Aug 19, 2019 3:12pm
Thread Board
Hmm. Maybe this is not my final draft? I never used them much after we did these. I don't like planting so I hadn't even opened this file in years!
Reply to: #978573 by Kelsung
Aug 19, 2019 3:44pm
Thread Board
All this thread has shown is that the “old last finds” setting on AQ searches is bad, very bad. I’m not opposed to it being there as an option, but I think the default for new players should be “off” because far to many people are unaware those preferences even exist. Perfectly good letterboxes are being forgotten

I didn’t even know that was a default setting. I joined so long ago I don’t remember if it was then or not. Wow. It’s been shown over and over by the questions asked on the boards that new boxers often don’t explore the site and see their options. So you make a great point!
Reply to: #978576 by MissMoon
Aug 19, 2019 4:12pm
Thread Board
It’s been shown over and over by the questions asked on the boards that new boxers often don’t explore the site and see their options.

They are too busy basking in the Glory of The Wassa Widget. All other thoughts and plans fall by the wayside once one dives into that rabbit hole. I should have named it "The Wassa Hole" instead. Oh wait... Maybe not...
Reply to: #978574 by Kelsung
Aug 19, 2019 5:02pm
Thread Board
Yes, I was with two different people when I did the two boxes in question. Didn't find out til after that I couldn't log them.
Reply to: #978572 by LightninBug
Aug 19, 2019 5:15pm
Thread Board
You mean the illustrious Mr. John Pujeh?

Yes, Mr. Pujeh!!! lol
Reply to: #978576 by MissMoon
Aug 19, 2019 8:11pm
Thread Board
Well before I stir up something unintentionally, could Ryan or another admin confirm whether those search options are “opt in” or “opt out”? When someone new signs up, do their searches automatically hide 3 strikeouts, 12 month old last finds and 12 month old abandoned listings?

K
Re: Hitch Hiker Hostel
Reply to: #978561 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Aug 19, 2019 9:36pm
Thread Board
I'm pretty sure this is Mosaic Butterfly's; I'm also pretty sure she maintains it. Go for the fun of it, though. All the planting out that way makes me want to move!