Thread Board
Great stamp!!!
A different kind of tracker
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Aug 18, 2019 9:37am
Board
Gift tags for Christmas:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10293

Any questions? And if it fills up and there's more interest - I'll start a second group.

thanks
Kathleen
SNB4: Thank You
Board: State: North Carolina
Aug 18, 2019 11:19am
Thread Board
Thanks to RDHG for a fantastic event! It was my first time nightboxing, and I had a blast!
Re: SNB4: Thank You
Reply to: #978490 by A Okay
Aug 18, 2019 11:32am
Thread Board
It was also my 1st time nightboxing! I had fun and met many more LBers! Thank you RDHG for going all out on this!
AQversary
Board: State: Tennessee
Aug 18, 2019 11:32am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary to McGinnisAGAIN! Let's all congratulate her in her 4 years of letterboxing!
Re: AQversary
Reply to: #978492 by A Okay
Aug 18, 2019 1:01pm
Thread Board
Congrats 🎉🎊🎈😎
Shelter Island Yachts Box
Board: State: New York
Aug 18, 2019 1:10pm
Thread Board
On Saturday, August 31, 2019, I will be replanting my Shelter Island Yachts letterbox. The original box was one of my first plants and first in New York in August 2009 and although the stamp was very nice, it was just a store-bought... I pulled the original box in January, for a RubberMaid container it held up nice but just wasn't very water resistant and the 2 freezer bags were pretty well done. The stamp and book were were damp and moldy.

So... I'm self-promoting my carves to be found and I kind of have spoiled what this stamp looks like, but Shelter Island (between Montauk and Orient Points on Long Island for those that don't know) is such a beautiful place to visit with lots of really nice things to do and see and not far from the Hamptons either. One third of the island is part of the Nature Conservancy with many trails and views and a very old family cemetery... but that isn't where the stamp is...!

Here is the link, in case you might want to visit:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=123814
Shelter Island Yachts Box
Board: State: New Jersey
Aug 18, 2019 1:13pm
Board
You may wonder why I am posting this in the NJ board but I lived in NJ for most of my life and started to letterbox in NJ and I know many people from NJ visit Shelter Island NY!!! There is a section of the island called the Montclair Colony that was settled by many people from Montclair, where I started to box and lived there for 6+ years.

On Saturday, August 31, 2019, I will be replanting my Shelter Island Yachts letterbox. The original box was one of my first plants and first in New York in August 2009 and although the stamp was very nice, it was just a store-bought... I pulled the original box in January, for a RubberMaid container it held up nice but just wasn't very water resistant and the 2 freezer bags were pretty well done. The stamp and book were were damp and moldy.

So... I'm self-promoting my carves to be found and I kind of have spoiled what this stamp looks like, but Shelter Island (between Montauk and Orient Points on Long Island for those that don't know) is such a beautiful place to visit with lots of really nice things to do and see and not far from the Hamptons either. One third of the island is part of the Nature Conservancy with many trails and views and a very old family cemetery... but that isn't where the stamp is...!

Here is the link, in case you might want to visit:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=123814
Reply to: #978490 by A Okay
Aug 18, 2019 1:47pm
Thread Board
Yay! I am glad that you had fun nightboxing. We had some really neat boxers participate. 😃
Reply to: #978491 by JBartiste
Aug 18, 2019 1:48pm
Thread Board
Thank you! I am glad that you had so much fun and got to meet so many more boxers. 😃👍
Re: Age or Inactivity to Attempt?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #978463 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Aug 18, 2019 2:05pm
Thread Board
Personally, I don’t use long ago “last found” dates as a prerequisite for my searches.

Neither do I. But on the other hand I don’t dismiss a box because of it. And I think far too many people do. But then that may leave more old boxes safe and sound for me and others who want them. HEHHEHHEH
Reply to: #978460 by Wise Wanderer
Aug 18, 2019 2:09pm
Thread Board
I think there’s a correlation to the location

Valid point. But that correlation wasn’t made in the statement I responded to. :)
Re: Shelter Island Yachts Box
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #978494 by Phoenix Rizing
Aug 18, 2019 2:18pm
Thread Board
Can’t wait to visit someday!
Re: Peace Out
Board: State: Maine
Reply to: #978468 by Basset Mom
Aug 18, 2019 3:23pm
Thread Board
Yes, a big shout out to all the folks involved!! Plenty of colorful ink for all to enjoy!
Reply to: #978458 by MissMoon
Aug 18, 2019 4:54pm
Thread Board
I recently found a box on my second try - the first try was 5 years ago with no luck. This time, I brought a friend who viewed the clue just differently enough to make the box findable. This isn't always the case, but sometimes.....
Re: Letterboxers Christmas Event
Reply to: #978465 by Happy Daze
Aug 18, 2019 5:33pm
Thread Board
Do you have a tracker set up for this?
Open day
Board: Yakking It Up
Aug 18, 2019 5:36pm
Thread Board
I've heard that there is a day where the site is opened up so that people can record restricted boxes that they've happened to find. When would that be?
Re: Open day
Reply to: #978518 by Basset Mom
Aug 18, 2019 5:44pm
Thread Board
When you see hats as the theme!
Re: Open day
Reply to: #978519 by angel treads
Aug 18, 2019 5:49pm
Thread Board
When you see hats as the theme!

Or every day if you are a premium member!
Reply to: #978401 by Brown Wolf
Aug 18, 2019 6:09pm
Thread Board
No cutoff for us, either. We've found boxes with 8, 10, even 14 years in between finds for a whole host of reasons. If the area's pretty remote, it's typically more likely the box is still there somewhere. Even a couple of attempts won't discourage us for bringing the clues along with us on this type of hunt. We've also found that there's a significant correlation between length of hike and frequency of finds, so a lack of a recent find date on longer hikes would not bother us. We enjoy the added challenge of finding an older box.
Aug 18, 2019 6:25pm
Thread Board
Hooorrraaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!! for McGinnisAGAIN.
Re: Letterboxers Christmas Event
Reply to: #978517 by Basset Mom
Aug 18, 2019 6:42pm
Thread Board
No I don't. Just let me know what you want to do. I will update event page
Reply to: #978516 by Juanita Rojas
Aug 18, 2019 7:14pm
Thread Board
That’s very cool. It’s just so weird how people can see it differently. And some clues can be interpreted in such different ways.
Aug 18, 2019 7:34pm
Thread Board
Happy AQversary McGinnisAGAIN and thank-you for all of your plants in Northeast Tennessee. Please continue to take us to new places. ❤
Aug 18, 2019 7:58pm
Thread Board
Happy AQversary McGinnisAGAIN! Thank you for all the boxes you planted in Tennessee and how you personalized each and every one of them!
Having Problem With My Event Times
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Aug 18, 2019 8:16pm
Thread Board
I have 2 events listed on 10/12/19. Both are showing start and end times on 12:00 AM and I cannot get the times to set differently -- every time I put in the correct times and save the event, it reverts back to 12:00 AM. This doesn't seem to be an issue on other events I am looking at... what am I doing wrong?
Re: Having Problem With My Event Times
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #978529 by SpringChick
Aug 18, 2019 9:30pm
Thread Board
You aren't doing anything wrong... just a bug in the code that I introduced while fixing a different bug in the code.

Sorry about that! It should be fixed now. Give it another whirl! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Email scam used my old LBNA password
Board: Traditional Letterboxes
Reply to: #978467 by Green Tortuga
Aug 18, 2019 10:42pm
Thread Board
Then they'll keep trying to scam you at your old address. At least until the next hack happens.... (And there will be more!)

Damnit, would you people stop discussing this and send me the bitcoin already?!?
Re: Peace Out
Reply to: #978501 by Daytrippers 54
Aug 19, 2019 2:01am
Thread Board
It was great to see folks again and I sure enjoyed my tour of the cemetery.
I'm so glad I bought a new set of colored markers; phew!!! Thanks to ALL the organizers, carvers and attendees for making Woodstock 50 fun. So glad the rain held off also.
Reply to: #978524 by DS
Aug 19, 2019 2:07am
Thread Board
Happy AQversary!!