A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: Moving to Connecticut!
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #976114 by Teeker
Jun 13, 2019 2:54pm
Thread Board
Thank you! We are looking forward to it!
Re: Sleeping Giant State Park
Reply to: #976324 by Kit Kat 61
Jun 13, 2019 2:56pm
Thread Board
You know I thought that mine were unknown too, but all of mine in The Giant were Retired also.
Re: Big Horn Boxers Event
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #976321 by Maude
Jun 13, 2019 4:20pm
Thread Board
Yes, they will be.
Reply to: #976326 by cooledcoyote
Jun 13, 2019 4:49pm
Thread Board
Unavailable boxes are automatically retired after a year. Were your boxes unavailable for more than a year?
Reply to: #976329 by ArnoldZiffel
Jun 13, 2019 4:58pm
Thread Board
13 months the Park was closed so, yeah.
Ignored boxes
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Jun 13, 2019 6:22pm
Thread Board
After I log a find, I ignore the box so it doesn't show up on my list of boxes I still "need". I have been told I shouldn't have done that and would like to know if there is a way to "un-ignore" them.
Thanks.
Re: Aliens stole my memories!?!?
Board: LTC Collective
Reply to: #976323 by crosscresent
Jun 13, 2019 6:45pm
Thread Board
I’m pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say, “do you have any of those drugs left?”

😄
Re: Ignored boxes
Reply to: #976331 by Teacup
Jun 13, 2019 6:55pm
Thread Board
On the Advanced Search page there is an option to "Show only ignored boxes". Then you can click on a box and then click unignore.
Re: Aliens stole my memories!?!?
Board: LTC Collective
Reply to: #976332 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Jun 13, 2019 7:00pm
Thread Board
"...any of those drugs left?”

Ibuprofen yes, hydrocodone technically no, straight hemp brand 1000mg CBD oil no, coffee yes, and baby food nope 🤘
Reply to: #976333 by SherlockMiles
Jun 13, 2019 7:09pm
Thread Board
Humm..

Just out of curiosity I did that and got a list of 16 boxes, some of which I have found, some I have not found and some I have never even seen or heard of much less ever ignored.

One that came up is a series, two of which I found recently and never opted to ignore those two boxes or the series but there is a button on the series to unignore it as though I *had* ignored it.
Magnifying Lamp
Board: Tools of the Trade
Jun 13, 2019 8:11pm
Thread Board
My lighted magnifying lamp died and I am looking to buy a new one. What do others recommend? The one I have is no longer available.

Sahalie
Re: Magnifying Lamp
Reply to: #976336 by Sahalie
Jun 13, 2019 8:23pm
Thread Board
I like this one:

SE MC353B 3.5x Table Magnifier Lamp with Fluorescent Light

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OGU87A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reply to: #976336 by Sahalie
Jun 13, 2019 9:27pm
Thread Board
FLAG DAY is today !
Board: Yakking It Up
Jun 14, 2019 2:22am
Thread Board
Where are the flags?
Reply to: #976300 by Hurcher
Jun 14, 2019 3:45am
Thread Board
Good luck today!! Looking forward to some posting a report of the boxes checked on and their status.
Reply to: #976329 by ArnoldZiffel
Jun 14, 2019 5:33am
Thread Board
Unavailable boxes are automatically retired after a year. Were your boxes unavailable for more than a year?

Ahhh, that makes sense. I had edited my clues a couple months ago, so that must have prevented them from getting auto-retired.
Reply to: #976300 by Hurcher
Jun 14, 2019 5:37am
Thread Board
We are still in school and then have a flag day ceremony to be ready for. We will be out and about Monday though!!
Coluzzle knife and cutting mat
Jun 14, 2019 5:57am
Thread Board
does anyone have an idea where to find these? I can't find my knife and need a new mat. seems the company doesn't make them anymore ;(
Reply to: #976335 by MissMoon
Jun 14, 2019 6:16am
Thread Board
Just out of curiosity I did that and got a list of 16 boxes, some of which I have found, some I have not found and some I have never even seen or heard of much less ever ignored.

Me too! I chose "show ignored boxes" and put my name in as finder and it worked perfectly for me. I tend to ignore series where I may have found some of the boxes but either don't plan on returning to find the rest or think they are gone so I don't want them in my searches. All that showed up on my list were the legitimately ignored series.

Even with doing this search, Teacup has quite a job to go into each one and unignore them.
Reply to: #976347 by Janila
Jun 14, 2019 7:12am
Thread Board
Boxes that might need to be retired, or I've given up on trying to find, get both ignored and watched just in case someone makes a change.

Very old last finds do not fall into this category unless reliable commenters lead me to believe it would be a fruitless pursuit.

Finding very old last finds give me a little tingle.
Reply to: #976331 by Teacup
Jun 14, 2019 7:25am
Thread Board
I know some of the ones you've ignored... did you recently buy a boat and didn't tell me??? LOLOLOLOL!
Re: Coluzzle knife and cutting mat
Reply to: #976346 by condo
Jun 14, 2019 9:00am
Thread Board
I just saw a used “in good condition” knife and mat on EBay - don’t know if it is what you’re looking for...
Re: Coluzzle knife and cutting mat
Reply to: #976350 by JampersandJ
Jun 14, 2019 9:03am
Thread Board
Thanks, I will check it out.
Re: FLAG DAY is today !
Reply to: #976341 by Grrly Girl
Jun 14, 2019 9:43am
Thread Board
The flag is flying at our house today. My grandfather was proud that flag day was the same day as his birthday. I always think of him on this day. Unfortunately, no one else in our neighborhood ever flies a flag.
Reply to: #976341 by Grrly Girl
Jun 14, 2019 9:44am
Thread Board
The flag is flying at our house too, and it's a beautiful day for it.
Reply to: #976347 by Janila
Jun 14, 2019 11:04am
Thread Board
I have never ignored this series. So why does it show (to me) that I need to UNignore it? And the other boxes that came up that I have never even seen or heard of.....why would they come up as being ignored by me specifically?

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=128686
Reply to: #976352 by ArnoldZiffel
Jun 14, 2019 11:33am
Thread Board
We've got ours out so your grandfather would be happy.
Re: Caveman's event was a big success!
Board: State: Illinois
Reply to: #976155 by carry on grandma
Jun 14, 2019 11:39am
Thread Board
On behalf of the entire cave family thank you for all the wonderful comments. We had so much fun visiting, playing games, and watching the hunt. We actually started thinking about 2020 possibilities.
Reply to: #976355 by MissMoon
Jun 14, 2019 12:01pm
Thread Board
I have never ignored this series. So why does it show (to me) that I need to UNignore it?

Obviously, AQ thinks you want to ignore it, and the most likely reason is because you did click the button to ignore it.

The box you specifically mentioned was planted in 2009. You say that you had never seen or heard of the box, but can you really remember every single box you looked it in the last ten years? I can't. I flip through my logbook of actual finds and see stamps I don't "ever" remember seeing before. Memory is funny that way.

More likely, you probably forgot having ever seen or heard of it. It's not an insult--it just happens. We're human with human limitations.

As for why you would have ignored it when you clearly did not want to--it could have just been an accident. You were looking at the listing sometime eons ago on your smartphone, perhaps, and accidentally clicked the "ignore" button without realizing it while trying to scroll down the page. It happens. People click all sorts of buttons by accident.

That's why I have to add an "are you sure?" message to confirm a lot of choices. The ignore button isn't one of those options with a confirmation, however, so if you click it by accident, presto, it's ignored! It's easy enough to unignore the box again--one more click takes are of that--but if you didn't realize you clicked it in the heat of the moment, it can end up ignored until the end of time.

And if I had to guess--and it's only a guess--that's what I think happened. Over the last 15 years, you've accidentally ignored a dozen or listings and never thought to check your ignore list (until recently) to realize you had done so.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #976338 by Oberon_Kenobi
Jun 14, 2019 12:03pm
Thread Board
Seconding this. I have this one too, I can’t say enough good about it.