Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
From listening to people at events talk about HHs, I'd say they are being stamped into logbooks, but not necessarily taken to another box. I also agree that they aren't logged online as often as they are found. I'll take one with me on any given day,...
by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
In general, I make my HHs and their logbooks small-books flat and 2x2 or less. They are easier to replant, and thus, more attractive for a boxer to take.
by SherlockMilesProfileContactLogbookNote
That can definitely be an issue - I've seen HH with WAY too big logbooks, and HH that are just HUGE stamps. Stamp only in tiny labelled ziploc are easiest to move around. Easier to move can make them more appealing. I love them, and have friends tha...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
We always move them on when we find them. I think it’s fun! And we have several out but I can’t ever remember getting a report that they’ve been logged. 😞
by LadyRisaProfileContactLogbookNote
I’ve put a few out there & never have gotten a report back. I also get super excited everytime I find one & help it move along. I do agree that they should be small stamps with small logbooks.
by SeerMeeshProfileContactLogbookNote
Some people dont want to be bothered. I love them. My daughter and I have a few out there. One got from Wisconsin to Hawaii and another went from Wisconsin to Illinois to Arizona to California to Canada! Fun to keep an eye out.
by cooledcoyoteProfileContactLogbookNote
My brother Dino Don is not able to box anymore, hasn’t in a few years. He found a HH in his bag by Arf! A couple of months ago and I finally sent it along. I myself usually leave one or toss it in my bag to look at later.
by 7rxcProfileContactLogbookNote
I found one last month that I knew of the box it was in, but managed to keep driving by without remembering to stop... this time I was in a boxing mood and remembered... so I logged the box and found the HH which I left behind simply because I was on m...
by MissMoonProfileContactLogbookNote
Years ago when I realized that they very often stay in people's backpacks or cars or drawers at home I lost interest in them. I planted two when I first started boxing and never did another one. One of those sat in someone's house for 3 months. I lea...
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
Haha...the Cross Family has mixed Emotions!... James Really likes them and will go out of his way to do all he can( We purchased a Special Stamp just the right size ( usually), just for H,/h s...lisa does not mind H/H. ...as fir Cooties @ Events,We tho...
by WanderingMisfitProfileContactLogbookNote
I've found a few and it is always really exciting when I do but when it comes down to logging them I always find that they haven't traveled far or they aren't logged for months at a time or longer. It's hard to replant them because I never know if they...
by SagacornProfileContactLogbookNote
I have a love /hate relationship w. HHs. I enjoy finding and moving along. What bothers me is finding one and it has not been logged into the host box log. I do the right thing and log so others can see where it has been. What is the use of just mo...
by Grrly GirlProfileContactLogbookNote
i (we, you know I'm talking about you) have found HHs as large as 4"x6", left attached or on or under the letterbox. No, I don't take those. I've only taken one that was 4x6 because it was in a red metal box and stuck out like a sore thumb. Anothe...
Yes, my ears have holes That are large enough for voles. I can wear an anaconda Or look like Jane Fonda I can loop them on my head You can tie me to the bed Yes, my ears have holes.
by Juanita RojasProfileContactLogbookNote
I've only found two, and I remember one started out in Connecticut and in several jumps made its way to Illinois, where I found it. I took it to Wisconsin and sent it on its way from a box there. I'd never ignore one, it's fun to see how far they can...
by detectiveProfileContactLogbookNote
I love finding HHs! I try to replant them as soon as possible and I always log them...[wait, did I log that one from June 1?? Better check...] My niece and I launched one of my earliest (slightly too big I now realize) on a family trip in FL with a me...
by wassamatta uProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Happy AQVersary to everyone's favorite TrekkieGal!!!
by koalacatProfileContactLogbookNote
Happy cake day, TrekkieGal!
Haven't thought of that song in years.
by Trekkie GalProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you, kind moose! TG
by MamaZukeProfileContactLogbookNote
I tended to use carved stamps that I thought were too small for a regular box. Instead of not using them, I turned them into HH's. I think I have 5 of them out. It's just sad to me that no one takes the time to log these. I know that at least 2 of them...
by christmas6ProfileContactLogbookNote
I love HH's. I love making and finding them and hearing where mine are. I like to make them to match the theme of a box and use it as a First Finder prize. I usually don't hear from them. I used to think HHH's were a good thing. But the last few e...
by MamaZukeProfileContactLogbookNote
It's very sad
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
You're a teenager now!!! Congrats! =) -- Ryan
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Rhode Island
Press release today - ‘Newport Police want to inform visitors to Miantonomi Memorial Park using the hiking trails the following message; An incident regarding the placement of string and wire type materials across several hiking trails has been discov...
by HoneychyckProfileContactLogbookNote
Not again. Didn’t this happen like 2 years ago, but I’ve forgotten where? It was someone trying to stop dirt bike riders, but in the worst way possible :(
by Warrior WomanProfileContactLogbookNote
Newport has some bad mojo going on, including the deliberate poisoning of trees Warrior Woman safely on the other side of both bridges
by A OkayProfileContactLogbookNote
I LOVE HH! I am still pretty new at letterboxing, so I have no problem finding boxes to move them along to. I have a few cooties out and about, and get a kick out of seeing them logged in, so I always pass along the courtesy of logging in a find of any...
No doubt, you had your reasons. Probably excellent ones.
I remember singing it with my kids, when they were kids. My oldest will be 40 next year. Yikes.