Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: The Biggest Update You've Never Seen!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #975360 by Green Tortuga
May 22, 2019 10:41am
Thread Board
We are just going to say, thanks for the brilliant web site!
May 22, 2019 10:55am
Thread Board
So we got a good joke and chuckle off of the Green Check Marks question, but not a serious reply , does that mean we do or don't get the GREEN Check Marks back???

AQ is my favorite website and it is quite awesome, but when we get use to having something and it get whisked away we miss it.
Reply to: #975383 by airstream dreams
May 22, 2019 11:02am
Thread Board
Is also like to lobby for the return of green check marks. Pretty please? :)
West Linn Oregon area....
Board: State: Oregon
May 22, 2019 11:03am
Board
Hi Hi Hi!
I'm going to be in the West Linn area July 15th thru 19th.
Are there any boxers in the area that would like to meet up for an exchange?
~SD~
Reply to: #975383 by airstream dreams
May 22, 2019 12:47pm
Thread Board
So we got a good joke and chuckle off of the Green Check Marks question, but not a serious reply

No, no serious replies. I stopped replying to the question. I've answered it multiple times, and I'm not wasting time answering this question anymore.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975382 by DoubleSaj and Old Blue
May 22, 2019 1:18pm
Thread Board
We are just going to say, thanks for the brilliant web site!

Seconded. For the price of admission this is economical entertainment. Thanks Ryan for all you do!
To what do you look for this summer?
Board: Yakking It Up
May 22, 2019 1:19pm
Thread Board
Starting with the next letter of the alphabet, tell us something that you look forward to seeing this summer while letterboxing -- and have fun with it! I will start with A.

Aliens. Definitely aliens. I am not looking forward to the scary, abducting, probing aliens but more the friendly aliens like those who work at the office in Men in Black. You know, some of whom might even be your letterboxing friends. 🤣
Re: Let's get together and craft! For the September event
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #974939 by Sudoku Crazy
May 22, 2019 2:24pm
Thread Board
I just signed up for June 29th. Also sent you a message. Would love to know what ideas you have gotten/ still need so I know what route to go. The park is the perfect setting to go wild. Have sewing machine, can travel...but I don;t do clothes so please dont ask me to make you an elaborate costume LOL

Mei Mary Crafty Poppins
Re: Havent posted in forever...update
Reply to: #975339 by Goofy girl
May 22, 2019 2:28pm
Thread Board
I vote for a family vacation to NC in September...ahem.....because this LB'er needs to box with you

;)
Reply to: #975387 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
May 22, 2019 2:30pm
Thread Board
Agreed.
Reply to: #975386 by Green Tortuga
May 22, 2019 2:40pm
Thread Board
So I missed all the answers you posted Multiple times on bringing back to Green Check marks. I didn't want to waste anymore of your time and upset you (your reply sounded a little harsh). Truly sorry to waste your time. So I decided to try to find your answer, I found this:
From 2013:
oooh, check marks, stars, eyes all on my What's New widget

It didn't really make sense to stop at just the green check marks. As soon as I added those, I knew people would be asking for all that other stuff as well so I just added it all! =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975391 by Mei Mary Poppins
May 22, 2019 2:43pm
Thread Board
I'll look at the events board and see what fun you have planned.

Mei Mary, are you talking about the weekend of Sept 20th?
If so I will see what I can do it may just be me.
May 22, 2019 2:56pm
Thread Board
I went to Boards,
Search Messages,
Search Terms, I put in "Green Check Marks",

Author: I put in: Green Tortuga. I runned the search and did not find the answer.

I've decided the check marks are gone for good. ):
Reply to: #975395 by airstream dreams
May 22, 2019 3:00pm
Thread Board

Nope. They're just on the Advanced Search page instead of the logbook.
Reply to: #975395 by airstream dreams
May 22, 2019 3:14pm
Thread Board

This search took all of about 5 seconds: Linky

Thus spake Wronghat (2019):
You are able to get the other person's logbook with the green checkmarks by doing an Advanced Search with the other person's trailname in the Finder column. Unless, of course, the other person has restricted that page from searches--but in that case, the logbook wouldn't have shown green checkmarks either.
14th Annual Plant a Letterbox Day (PAL)
May 22, 2019 3:20pm
Board
If you want to use the reserved box function to start work on listing your PAL boxes, that option is now available for 2019. If you listed boxes as reserved starting May 17, they would add in to the widget state counts. Be sure to make the plant date May 24 when you activate if you'd like the PAL widget to count them.

Information here: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4176
Reply to: #975397 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
May 22, 2019 3:23pm
Thread Board
GT said: No, no serious replies. I stopped replying to the question. I've answered it multiple times, and I'm not wasting time answering this question anymore.

-- Ryan

Weonghat, did you read the ( I've answered it many times)??

Your 5 second search pulled up ZERO replies from GT.
Reply to: #975399 by airstream dreams
May 22, 2019 3:25pm
Thread Board
But it did pull up an answer to your checkmarks issue.

:~)
Reply to: #975394 by Goofy girl
May 22, 2019 3:59pm
Thread Board
YESSSSSSSS
May 22, 2019 4:17pm
Thread Board
No, no serious replies. I stopped replying to the question. I've answered it multiple times, and I'm not wasting time answering this question anymore.

Really?

What about the question of getting back the multiple pages as opposed to one very long page for traditional finds in our logbooks?
who is local?
Board: State: Tennessee
May 22, 2019 4:51pm
Board
Spending a week in TN in June, pretty central in Rock Island State Park. Anyone near there?
Reply to: #975402 by MissMoon
May 22, 2019 6:23pm
Thread Board
your reply sounded a little harsh

Yeah, and now you know why I didn't want to reply. It's a topic I'm absolutely sick of.

Okay, to repeat for those who missed it:

I had to fix the logbooks to run faster. They were slowing down the system and I optimized them. After going through several iterations where everyone just got upset and hated every change I made, I basically said, "Screw it!" I'll do it how I like it and not worry about pissing everyone off since everyone was already pissed off anyhow. At least I was happy. Maybe I'll take another look at things after I finished the Jordan Trail.

And when someone explicitly asked about the green checkmarks, I replied with the same answer. Tough it out, and maybe I'll take another look at it later.

What about the question of getting back the multiple pages as opposed to one very long page for traditional finds in our logbooks?

Same answer. Tough it out, and maybe I'll do something about later, but there are reasons I put them all on a single page.

These changes weren't made to piss everyone off--there was a reason for them: to keep AQ humming along fast, efficiently and reliably. Nobody seems to care about that, although I suspect it would be a bigger concern if AQ went down often for long periods of time for no apparent reason. It's one of those perks people tend to take for granted until it goes away.

Anyhow, I have some thoughts about what I'll do with the logbook.

But for now, it is what it is, and when I've made any changes or updates, I'll make an announcement. This answer applies to all logbook questions. Tough it out for now, and maybe you'll like the next iteration of the online logbook.

I've noted all of your concerns and I will take them under consideration. I'll be happy to read your suggestions and ideas, but until there's news to report, I don't really have anything to actually say about the logbooks.

And really, you don't want me to reply to these messages because I won't have anything to say that you want to hear. I'm doing y'all a favor by not replying. *nodding* =)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #975404 by Green Tortuga
May 22, 2019 6:48pm
Thread Board
Anyhow, I have some thoughts about what I'll do with the logbook.

Tough it out for now, and maybe you'll like the next iteration of the online logbook.

I've noted all of your concerns and I will take them under consideration.

I think that means there’s hope!
Pre-Sojourn dinner
Board: State: New York
May 22, 2019 6:57pm
Thread Board
Hello All-
If you are headed to Susquehanna Sojourn, plan to meet for a little pre-event dinner at The Whole In The Wall in Binghamton, NY. We will be there at 6:30 pm on Friday May 31th, 2019 to eat, kibbitz and maybe get a stamp or two :) Due to size constraints we have to limit the dinner to 12 people. Let me know if you plan to attend. Hope to see you there! Lotus & Leafcutters
https://www.atlasquest.com/boxes/clue/?boxId=239450

http://www.wholeinthewall.com/
Re: To what do you look for this summer?
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #975388 by RDHG
May 22, 2019 6:57pm
Thread Board
Birds. Birds are a pleasant reminder of nature, and that we are in their domain. It is fun to be able to identify a bird, but seeing a new type of bird is also interesting because I get to try to identify it.

And while I'm out there I will be planting and finding letterboxes. (I could have always gone with Boxes, but that would be too obvious.)
May 22, 2019 7:02pm
Thread Board
I've answered it multiple times, and I'm not wasting time answering this question anymore.

Similar to what you said last time?
May 22, 2019 7:29pm
Thread Board
Blah, blah, blah. I want my smite button.
May 22, 2019 7:30pm
Thread Board
FWIW, I like the single, long page b/c I can control F to whatever I want w/out having to wait for the pages to load.
Re: Pre-Sojourn dinner
Board: State: New York
Reply to: #975406 by lotus
May 22, 2019 8:05pm
Thread Board
This Pig expects to be there :D
May 22, 2019 9:34pm
Thread Board
Thanks for this website. I am just glad to have a hobby that is essentially free and supported by so many fantastic people who are very giving with info & help. For all those hours of trying to improve the website for the general good, my hat's off to you!

(It makes my brain ache thinking about coding & such😨. Glad it's not me!)