May 14, 2019 12:52pm
Thread Board
I'm doing that very thing right now.
Re: I know how to list found HH's...
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
Reply to: #975223 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 12:53pm
Thread Board
There's a note icon on the Hitchhiker's display page that you can use to write in where you left it. I suppose you could add where you left it in the record section where it asks where you found it. I don't do either. If I remember, I just write where I left it in my logbook.
Re: Looking for a way to "mirror" on LbNA from AQ
Board: Letterboxing.org Chatter
Reply to: #975226 by Nairon
May 14, 2019 1:11pm
Thread Board
so I don't use restrictions, so that won't be a problem. But I've got a bunch of clues in AQ that I'd like to marry over to LbNA so that when I update a clue in AQ it updates in LbNA as well. Is that possible?
Re: Looking for a way to "mirror" on LbNA from AQ
Reply to: #975231 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 1:16pm
Thread Board
LbNA has a feature when adding a new box that allows you to import a link to another site where the clues are hosted. I just paste the link to the AQ clue in here. If you haven't yet created LbNA listings for your boxes, this is the way to go. If you already have, you can edit the box, erase the text clue and add in the link to the AQ so that you will not have to maintain two clues for each box.
Havent posted in forever
Board: State: North Carolina
May 14, 2019 2:10pm
Thread Board
I might be able to pick up a couple letterboxes this weekend in Branson, while chaperoning the kids' school music trip! Both the older two are in choir. The band director scheduled some training and performance times for both band and choir in Branson! Yay!

Goofy girl
Re: What do you use to carry supplies
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #975222 by Twilight2000
May 14, 2019 4:21pm
Thread Board
Thanks, will give it a try. Balance is good. Lol
Re: LBNA down
Reply to: #975228 by Nairon
May 14, 2019 5:32pm
Thread Board
If one wants to look for old LBNA boxes in a certain state and county, one has to be able to actually *get* onto the site and search. Having it go down all the time doesn't help that.

There are old boxes that have never been on AQ, listed by people that are no longer boxing.

It's not just about listing boxes.
Reply to: #975236 by MissMoon
May 14, 2019 5:44pm
Thread Board
If one wants to look for old LBNA boxes in a certain state and county, one has to be able to actually *get* onto the site and search. Having it go down all the time doesn't help that.
There are old boxes that have never been on AQ, listed by people that are no longer boxing.

This is true - I do believe that there is much inherent history and value in LbNA, especially given my personal penchant for looking for older boxes on longer hikes, as I know you like to do. Some of the best boxes I've found have been LbNA-only boxes. Also, many new to letterboxing have their first experiences on LbNA. Might the downtime discourage letterboxers new and old? Sure. I'm just at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do about it.

It's not just about listing boxes.

Definitely true, but that was the issue that Sagacorn addressed in the message I replied to. Certainly it's also about maintaining access to clues and encouraging people to take part in and actually participating in letterboxing.
Reply to: #975236 by MissMoon
May 14, 2019 6:22pm
Thread Board

While LbNA does go down occasionally, it's not all the time, and most of the time it's working. Seems like it's episodic. Like for a week it will be down quite a bit, then it will be fine for a few months, then it will act up again. Or maybe that's just me.
Re: Havent posted in forever
Reply to: #975233 by Goofy girl
May 14, 2019 6:22pm
Thread Board
wow
great to hear from you

met you at a SNOWY January event in Hickory

bet you baby is in college by now...tee hee

Kathy
Dixie Darlin'
Reply to: #975239 by dixie darlin
May 14, 2019 6:26pm
Thread Board
She is finishing up 3rd grade this week and the older two who weren't with me are finishing their sophomore years. School is out Thursday! We need to come visit again!
Reply to: #975240 by Goofy girl
May 14, 2019 6:33pm
Thread Board
how time flies
Re: Nipples
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #975190 by Eidolon
May 14, 2019 7:45pm
Thread Board
Thank god this hasn't progressed into Laminated Testicles.

<record scratch> Dude, wait, what!?
May 15, 2019 4:27am
Thread Board
I make a note in my logbook.
Reply to: #975233 by Goofy girl
May 15, 2019 4:31am
Thread Board
Oh! Enjoy Branson. I'm hoping to spend a couple days there in June sometime and I too will probably pick up a couple letterboxes while there. If you run into something I shouldn't waste time on let me know. But boxes there seem to be in pretty good shape overall, at least for the drive-bys.
Power Plant Challenge
May 15, 2019 7:14am
Thread Board
Hopefully by now some of the dust has settled from the amazing Geek Fest 2 and life is returning to normal for the hosts. Unfortunately, after injuring myself I had to head home before the announcements of the Power Plant Challenge on Saturday evening so I was wondering if the results could be posted here. Perhaps listing the top planters and the total number of boxes that this challenge generated would be interesting to many of us....or at least to me! Thanks for a wonderful time even though mine was cut short!
May 15, 2019 7:40am
Thread Board
The new location of a HH is not made public, so that it's a surprise for the next finder. I guess you could contact the owner though.
Re: Happy AQ Anniversary Super Hedge Hoggie!
Reply to: #975220 by aMAZEing adventure frog
May 15, 2019 9:12am
Thread Board
Hey ! Happy cake day !!!!!! I hope one day I get to come to one of your awesome events !!!!!!!
Reply to: #975235 by felixpezgirl
May 15, 2019 9:17am
Thread Board
Thank you all for some great suggestions
Texas fall event posted
Board: State: Texas
May 15, 2019 9:47am
Thread Board
I finally got moving on this... TAFLE 8 will be Nov 2 at Lake Houston Wilderness Park.

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=4188

I originally told a few people we would be at Double Lake Recreation area, but they don't have good group facilities available.
Reply to: #975140 by wassamatta u
May 15, 2019 10:15am
Thread Board
You always have the best stories, my friend. :D

TG
Reply to: #975242 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
May 15, 2019 10:25am
Thread Board
<record scratch> Dude, wait, what!?

Think VERY carefully about whether or not you REALLY want to know.

TG
Still a few openings
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
May 15, 2019 10:28am
Board
...in Eat Prey Love, if anyone is interested. Plenty of time, too!
Re: Power Plant Challenge
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 11:44am
Thread Board
I’d like to see the stats as well. Just for curiosity sake.
Re: Austin Boxing
Reply to: #973643 by LadyRisa
May 15, 2019 11:47am
Thread Board
So just to update everyone, I made it to the central library & found the boxes there. Wow! What a place! Thanks to everyone for the input.
Re: Austin Boxing
Reply to: #975254 by LadyRisa
May 15, 2019 12:08pm
Thread Board
Glad you had a good time. That library is wild, isn't it!
Tumble-eena to Cake Guru
May 15, 2019 1:26pm
Board
Hi everyone-
Just a shout out to those who know me as Tumble-eena. My trailname has changed to Cake Guru. I am fairly new to AQ but I have emailed individuals I have been in contact with while participating in various trackers. Hope there is little confusion. The trailname change was a long time coming.
Thanks!
Reply to: #975246 by sojourner
May 15, 2019 1:28pm
Thread Board
I usually message the owner where I left the HH. I recently found an HH that was launched in January 2001 and the owner hadn't heard about it in a long time and was surprised it was still out there. The book was almost full!
Re: Power Plant Challenge
Reply to: #975245 by Janila
May 15, 2019 2:15pm
Thread Board
WHEW - what an amazing challenge and participant announcement at Geekfest!

Over 80 letterboxers participated in the Power Plant Challenge!! All told, more than 2100 new boxes were planted - 2100 new traditional, permanent plants that everyone can enjoy! WOW!!! We had absolutely no clue that it would take off like that!

The patches are in the mail - literally - I sent them off to the post office this afternoon so they are on the way to everyone who could not attend. To the small group of participants who have not yet provided me your mailing address... check your AQ messages and send me your mailing address.

16 boxers planted more than 50 (FIFTY!!!!) traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!!! SUPER SUPER AWESOME!! When the pathtags arrive, we will send out a message so we can get those out to folks.

SIX boxers planted more than 100 traditional, permanent boxes in the past six months!! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! (no additional prize, but I wanted to brag on them).

The grand prize winner (of pink stuff - of course) is:

AIRSTREAM DREAMS!!! She planted an almost unbelievable (but we believe it) 181 boxes as part of this challenge and totally packed her home town and of course, North Carolina with new plants for everyone to find!

Thanks again for all the positive discussion, hype, and of course, PLANTING that came from this challenge. We would be open to having another/similar challenge in the future, and I hope everyone enjoys all the recent plants and keeps planting more boxes!

Happy Letterboxing!

Super Hedge Hoggie
Reply to: #975248 by brailleboxer
May 15, 2019 2:15pm
Thread Board
What I just figured out at the last Live and Breath event and I know folks have been doing this at events for YEARS....a painters half apron....you put your stamp and stamp pads and logbook in the pockets and you can easily get them in and out all day long. We even left the event and went to the local hardware store to get some for Ryan Green Tortuga Carpenter and Lea Princess Lea Fox. For an event where you are constantly having to get your stamp out and you are doing series where there is a letterbox every other minute it is perfection. Now I want to bling mine out with patches !!

-Amanda from Seattle