Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: It's True!
Board: Dead Horses, Lemurs, and Kittens!
Reply to: #974000 by Boxer Lover47
Apr 9, 2019 6:46pm
Thread Board
I like the prospect of finding a box of yours, but I read the clue. That is NOT one I would try in my car.
Re: Dancing Dolphins
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #973913 by jlsd0218
Apr 9, 2019 7:32pm
Thread Board
Thank you all for the AQ messages! Each thread put a smile to our faces today! We are super excited to be a part of the letterboxing community. :) We are so thankful to have met you all and look forward to seeing you on the trails!
Tax Time
Board: Yakking It Up
Apr 9, 2019 8:17pm
Thread Board
Less than a week until the tax deadline. Is everyone ready?

Taxes can be easy. Or can it? But it is going to become more difficult.

More from slashdot.
Re: St. Patrick's Day Smile
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #972774 by Elle
Apr 9, 2019 8:31pm
Thread Board
My sediments exactly.
Re: Tax Time
Board: Yakking It Up
Reply to: #974015 by Oberon_Kenobi
Apr 9, 2019 11:13pm
Thread Board
Mine are paid. Well, partly - I pay quarterly.

Thanks for the links... that sucks.
Re: St. Patrick's Day Smile
Board: Funny Pages
Reply to: #974016 by ASL Girl
Apr 9, 2019 11:23pm
Thread Board
There’s no fracking way I’m taking these jokes for granite!

Q: What’s a rock’s favorite ride at the carnival?
A: The ferrous wheel.

😎
Re: April 10th Event -- Today is the Day!
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #973810 by RDHG
Apr 10, 2019 4:37am
Thread Board
We currently have forty-eight people (adults and children) signed up and eighteen maybes. Considering that people sign up and do not show up, that means that we could have anywhere from twenty to seventy people arrive today. Haha.

Thankfully, I do have someone coming to help me walk groups through the boxing. If ANYBODY else would like to show up and help, please do! The event is at Bellingham Park in Mooresville, NC, at 10:00 this morning.

Also, pray for us, please. 😊 It will all go well, right?
Re: "Tick"led red
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #973973 by Connfederate
Apr 10, 2019 5:10am
Thread Board
Since we're on the general "Permethrin" topic...

Even though I was gifted some of it to use on my clothes, I've been too nervous to try it out because CATS. I have two indoor and two outdoor cats that could easily get onto my clothes, no matter where in the house, garage, etc. I leave them. In fact, these cats specifically seek out my clothes to cuddle with them.

Any ideas or advice about application, use, etc. is welcome. I'm tired of getting covered with ticks, but am unwilling to risk my kitties' lives.
Reply to: #974019 by RDHG
Apr 10, 2019 5:12am
Thread Board
Good Luck! Hope it goes well. :)
Reply to: #974020 by Honeychyck
Apr 10, 2019 5:35am
Thread Board
Permethrin is only harmful to cats while it is wet. Once it dries it is safe.
Reply to: #974022 by Janila
Apr 10, 2019 6:09am
Thread Board
Even if they, say, laid on my clothes, then tongue-bathed themselves later?
Kung Fu Panda
Board: Stamp Swap
Apr 10, 2019 7:42am
Thread Board
I carved a series of Kung Fu Panda stamps for a non-letterboxing event, & I have no interest in planting them. If someone is willing to take them & hide them, I'll mail them to you. I think there were about 6. Let me know!
Re: Sistema boxes
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #973996 by Bungalow Boxer
Apr 10, 2019 8:24am
Thread Board
Are these the latest in rubbermaids, BB? No Ocean State Job Lots in FL, so are these similar?
Reply to: #974025 by sojourner
Apr 10, 2019 8:26am
Thread Board
It is what a lot of people use down here. They’re not bad. I still like lock n lock best but it’s very hard to find. All of my spare lock n locks are in storage so I’m trying to find something that I can use until I can get those out of storage.
The Amazing Race 2019 tracker - race starts April 17!!!
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Apr 10, 2019 10:49am
Thread Board
The Amazing Race premiere has been moved up to April 17 - next Wednesday! That's a month earlier than it was supposed to be!

For anyone who's interested in joining the pool, here's the tracker. It's only a week before the show starts so choose your teams and sign-up.

*Send me your team picks via AQ mail, not as a reply to this board post!*

Any questions, just ask.
:)
Happy AQ day to PumpkinSeedsLenore
Board: State: Missouri
Apr 10, 2019 11:19am
Thread Board
Wishing you many new box finds in this coming year! I have enjoyed attending letterboxing outings with you this past year and hope that there will be many more in the future.
Re: Kung Fu Panda
Reply to: #974024 by heartsquare
Apr 10, 2019 11:26am
Thread Board
Are they still available? 😊
Reply to: #974023 by Honeychyck
Apr 10, 2019 1:16pm
Thread Board
Even if they, say, laid on my clothes, then tongue-bathed themselves later?

You might want to check with your vet, but I've always read that once it's dried, it's OK for cats to be around. Permethrin doesn't move around much when dried and is not water soluble, which is why you can wash your clothes that have been treated and the clothing is still treated, even after multiple washes. Cat poisoning from permethrin is due to people using dog spot treatment for ticks and fleas that is permethrin based. The products are for dogs but sometimes people put them on cats. That's a huge amount of liquid permethrin going directly into the cat's bloodstream. Cats apparently lack the liver enzymes to break it down very well. The less common way cats have been known to be poisoned is when a dog has just been treated and the cat lays down next to the dog and licks the dog where the spot treatment was just applied.

You may just need to weigh the unknown risks to your cat vs the known very serious risk to yourself if you get a tick and get Lyme Disease.
Reply to: #974023 by Honeychyck
Apr 10, 2019 3:37pm
Thread Board
the threat to cats is very low. In my experience, my cats never had any negative exposure (except for the one time I accidentally put the dog flea drops on the cat and had to give the cat a bath when I realized my mistake an hour later!) the cat lived nine more years anyway.

Just to keep it in perspective, this is the same active ingredient found in Rid, which is used to control head lice in children. Used by the bucket loads by school children nation wide.
Re: SMP
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #973580 by Quarry
Apr 10, 2019 7:02pm
Thread Board
I can certainly help. I hope I didn't recycle those brain cells.
Re: Need some advice on using stencils
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971735 by Angel and Demon
Apr 10, 2019 7:48pm
Thread Board
Thanks to those who replied - by implementing your suggestions, I was finally able to get a nice image from a stencil!
Reply to: #974032 by T REX
Apr 10, 2019 8:14pm
Thread Board
I still have gps maps from the tapping plastic work from 5ish years ago available to the highest bidder. :)
Reply to: #974034 by Eidolon
Apr 10, 2019 8:52pm
Thread Board
Me! Name your price!
Reply to: #974021 by TeachJR
Apr 11, 2019 1:38am
Thread Board
Thank you, TeachJR! It did!
April 10th Class Recap
Apr 11, 2019 1:51am
Thread Board
H and I went to the event early to plant a few boxes close to the shelter to use as examples. BEJays arrived, and one family arrived. The clock was ticking. It was 9:59, and there was nobody else. It was 10:04, and nobody else. I was thinking that we would start soon, no matter what. Then, in true, homeschooler fashion, please started showing up late...by the dozens.

After the event, H and I were trying to count how many people had attended. We got up to forty-eight, and there were more people who I do not know and did not get to meet personally. This morning, someone who I do not know commented to say that she and her family learned a lot and met some great people. I think that that puts our count at fifty-one (plus).

At the event, people were saying how much they enjoyed this hobby. Several families told me at the event and afterward that they were going to go back to the park and hunt for more.

I am going to post a message today and see if I can get some more feedback about who is actually planning to start boxing.

Thank you to BEJays and Petunia for attending the event and helping us guide people on the trails. Thank you to TeachJR for sharing some ideas for the class. Thank you to those of you here who were encouraging.

Oh, and somebody already would like us to do it again because her family could not make it. 😊
Reply to: #973996 by Bungalow Boxer
Apr 11, 2019 5:55am
Thread Board
We occasionally find sales on them at Aldi or Meijer stores if those stores are available to you.
Re: Kung Fu Panda
Reply to: #974029 by RDHG
Apr 11, 2019 5:56am
Thread Board
I got tons of replies! I'll msg you.
Re: April 10th Class Recap
Reply to: #974037 by RDHG
Apr 11, 2019 6:03am
Thread Board
Thank you for spreading the interest of Letterboxing. We get great response in Illinois when we hold introductory sessions. Champaign County in Illinois has gone from 30 boxes to over 200 boxes in 3 years. We have another Homerdoodle event planned for July that will have many more boxes added to that list. I am so glad you had a good response!
Where did it go?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Apr 11, 2019 6:17am
Thread Board
What happened to Funniest Posts in the last 24 hours heading?
Re: Where did it go?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #974041 by Elle
Apr 11, 2019 7:00am
Thread Board
I figured there hadn't been any funny buttons clicked in the past 24 hours and tested my hypothesis by clicking funny on your post. I was right!