A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: The Doctor has been re-cast
Board: Doctor Who
Reply to: #972311 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 3, 2019 7:23pm
Thread Board
Rick Astley is what comes up with your trailer link!?
Re: Yellow Branch Maintenance of letterboxes
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #972308 by triviadaddy
Mar 3, 2019 8:29pm
Thread Board
What box did you find that hadn't been found yet? Curious if it's one I looked for!
Reply to: #972321 by IrishRef
Mar 3, 2019 9:13pm
Thread Board
Yes, along with my joke I Rick-Rolled you. I wanted a video link and I thought that was a funny one to link.
Reply to: #972324 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 3, 2019 9:33pm
Thread Board
I thought it was fun... too bad it got spoiled so fast. I bet you got the idea from the news that Doctor Who might actually be replaced ~ not by a redhead though, but <shock> someone with white hair!

https.//www.youtube.Entertainment.Tonight/New/Doctor.Who
Logbook-LTCs
Board: Suggestion Box
Mar 3, 2019 9:47pm
Thread Board
1 last request.
I noticed that I can sort my trackers by owner in my logbook but not LTCs. Would it be possible to sort LTCs by owner also like before? I used that feature all the time. I tried doing it by advanced search, but I can't get a full list and have no way of knowing which ones are missing.
Reply to: #972325 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Mar 3, 2019 10:04pm
Thread Board
Actually, I got the idea from someone who had some knit figures. I thought one of them was one of the Doctors, but I couldn't place which one. She said that the Doctor had never been ginger. I should have remembered that, since it has been brought up at least twice.

It was shortly after that conversation that I came up with this joke. However, it took from Thursday (when the conversation took place) until today to decide to actually post the joke.

It turns out the knit figure was Ron Weasley, from Harry Potter.
Re: How do I remove a sub account?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #972318 by wassamatta u
Mar 4, 2019 3:40am
Thread Board
Done! Thanks!
Re: Audubon prohibits letterboxes in RI
Board: State: Rhode Island
Reply to: #972309 by uneksia
Mar 4, 2019 4:50am
Thread Board
Each state's Audubon Society is a separate entity, so they all have different rules. I know that Mass Audubon is concerned about people planting boxes in sensitive areas, particularly those with rare wildflowers. That's why it's important to ask before you plant a box in a Mass Audubon property. So far, I've never been told no. I think it helps that I plant wildlife-related boxes, sometimes with educational info in the clues.

I know I tend to beat this particular horse to death, but I've been a member of Mass Audubon for 26 years, and my daughter was an employee for 6 years. I'm pretty invested in making sure that letterboxing doesn't get a bad name with them.
Re: Audubon prohibits letterboxes in RI
Board: State: Rhode Island
Reply to: #972329 by Rocklun
Mar 4, 2019 5:47am
Thread Board
I'm pretty invested in making sure that letterboxing doesn't get a bad name with them.

we should all be invested in making sure letterboxing does not get a bad name no matter where we plant. unfortunately this is not always the case, as we well know. all we can do is to continue to remind others to plant responsibly. so keep beating that dead horse.

smile
Reply to: #972327 by Oberon_Kenobi
Mar 4, 2019 5:55am
Thread Board
This thread is hysterical. That is all.
Puyallup
Board: State: Washington
Mar 4, 2019 5:57am
Thread Board
Hi all!
I'll be in the Puyallup area next week (March 11-15), is there anyone in that area that would like to meet and do an exchange? I'll be letterboxing all over that area.
Thanks!
SD
Re: Thank you, Silver Eagle and Baby Bear!
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #972306 by Origami Hen
Mar 4, 2019 6:48am
Thread Board
Another TALE that I was privileged to be able to attend. I enjoy these events Silver Eagle and Baby Bear have in March. Such a blast. Great carves, great pot luck, friendly hosts. And it was again in a park where I could rent a cabin. ! Thank you so much guys. Your theme was great too. Mrs Sunny
Re: My grandma's getting married ! ! !
Board: Off Topic, Wildly
Reply to: #925905 by No Borders
Mar 4, 2019 6:49am
Thread Board
You do come up with some good ones GG. I passed this on to some friends!!!!!!!
Re: Puyallup
Board: State: Washington
Reply to: #972333 by SnakeDoctor
Mar 4, 2019 6:59am
Thread Board
You have mail.

snbone
Robin Hood in Ocala National Forest Event
Board: State: Florida
Mar 4, 2019 7:52am
Thread Board
As Three FLAmigo's and I have been finishing up all of the details for the Robin Hood in Ocala National Forest Event being held on Saturday, March 9, we realized that we have received so many stamps from fellow letterboxers that we are expanding our plantings outside of the original planned resort area. And since there will now be many boxes on the local trails in addition to those in the resort, we realized that we can accomodate more than the original 25 attendees. So, if the fact that we had reached our limit had stopped you from signing up previously, please feel free to sign up now. The weather is looking good, the stamps are terrific and we welcome additional people.

Just one request, if you would like to come, please sign up, drop ins won't be admitted. The meeting spot for the event is in a private resort and we will need to know who is attending ahead of time so we can inform the guards that you will be a guest otherwise, you will not be able to enter.

Thanks, and hope to see you Saturday!
Re: Robin Hood in Ocala National Forest Event
Board: State: Florida
Reply to: #972337 by Janila
Mar 4, 2019 8:52am
Thread Board
Yesssss, what Janila said!

And Saturday is calling for a high of only 80, we could not ask for a better Florida Winter Day!

Today is not looking too shabby either so fixin to go out and hit the trail to plant just a couple more boxes...

Happy Boxing!
Letterboxer search
Mar 4, 2019 9:17am
Thread Board
Is there a way to do a People search with a partial name that I don't know the first part of? Like ______ Boxer? Using an * with at the beginning of the name or something?
Re: Letterboxer search
Reply to: #972339 by Boxer Lover47
Mar 4, 2019 10:44am
Thread Board
If you search for boxer, then you will get a list of all if the people whose trail name starts with boxer.

boxer b
boxer buds
boxer gang
etc.

I hope that helps.
Reply to: #972340 by RDHG
Mar 4, 2019 11:36am
Thread Board
you will get a list of all if the people whose trail name starts with boxer.

If I understand correctly, the poster is looking for a way to search where you know part of the name, not necessarily the beginning. For example, you know the name contains "boxer", but starts with something else, such as "Happy Boxer" or "We are Boxers".
Re: Yellow Branch Maintenance of letterboxes
Board: State: South Carolina
Reply to: #972323 by Mountain Acres
Mar 4, 2019 11:46am
Thread Board
Reply to: #972339 by Boxer Lover47
Mar 4, 2019 12:06pm
Thread Board
Someone just showed me how to do it if you're searching box names (in the name search box, include --^--boxer), but it doesn't seem to work in the People search (at least not in my quick 2 minutes of trying).

Here's more info
Reply to: #972341 by Wise Wanderer
Mar 4, 2019 12:34pm
Thread Board
....looking for a way to search where you know part of the name, not necessarily the beginning.

Yes, that is correct.
Reply to: #972343 by Rocket Raider
Mar 4, 2019 12:36pm
Thread Board
....but it doesn't seem to work in the People search

I got the same results as you did: it did not work in the People search. 8~(
Re: Atlas Obscura
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #972314 by Sheba
Mar 4, 2019 1:49pm
Thread Board
Wow! We are excited that our Atlas Obscura event will be your first. I love our AO events, great friends and fun boxes! Make sure you check out other great boxes in the Doylestown area and be ready there will be some special Easter boxes available during the event :) look for details soon!!
Itchin' to box
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Mar 4, 2019 2:44pm
Thread Board
I have been carving, taping up pouches and boxes, making books and all the things one does in Maine during the winter when hiding boxes isn't so easy. Yesterday we scoped out some "possible hiding places once the snow goes away" kind of spots. This is Maine ... that'll be a while yet .... *twiddling thumbs*
Re: Itchin' to box
Reply to: #972347 by Basset Mom
Mar 4, 2019 2:48pm
Thread Board
yup - this is when my reserve listings tend to swell... my mind never rests even as the snow globe is shaken by forces beyond our control... :) I feel your pain!
Re: Itchin' to box
Reply to: #972347 by Basset Mom
Mar 4, 2019 3:00pm
Thread Board
Agree for sure! Plant box filling up, researching trails on line and longing for snow melt. "Marching" time for a few more weeks. Darn snow globe šŸŒŽ shaker, lol !!
Re: Why hide plants?
Reply to: #971599 by wassamatta u
Mar 4, 2019 3:37pm
Thread Board
For what????????????

I once was with a group of 10 people that were walking a hiking trail and a ranger stopped us and threaten to arrest us for trespassing because we shouldn't be hiking during early November. Our leader pressed him on restrictions to the trail and/or park since there was nothing posted at the trailhead and found there were none; but that the ranger just didn't like people in "his" park during the winter.
Reply to: #972350 by Procyon
Mar 4, 2019 3:43pm
Thread Board
I once was with a group of 10 people that were walking a hiking trail and a ranger stopped us and threaten to arrest us for trespassing because we shouldn't be hiking during early November. Our leader pressed him on restrictions to the trail and/or park since there was nothing posted at the trailhead and found there were none; but that the ranger just didn't like people in "his" park during the winter.

That's awful!! Did anyone contact his manager?
Reply to: #972352 by Rocklun
Mar 4, 2019 3:44pm
Thread Board
We did, but the manger just laughed and said "That's Bob." And then hung up.