Board: Yakking It Up
Feb 20, 2019 3:44pm
Board
Happy Love Your Pet Day!
Help?
Board: LTC: Tips, Questions, and Stuff
Feb 20, 2019 4:14pm
Thread Board
I'm working on a set of LTC's using Gesso and Gelatos. I used Versafine ink to stamp my image onto the card but them ink won't dry. They've been sitting for 3 hours and they are still wet. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Help?
Reply to: #971838 by 4 J's
Feb 20, 2019 4:23pm
Thread Board
I recently used gelatos on a card, and it behaves like watercolor in that it needs to "soak in" to the paper. If the paper is coated with gesso, the gelatos will remain on the surface and smear or smudge easily, along with anything you stamp on top of it. If possible, consider not using gesso underneath, add water when applying gelatos, and after they dry, stamp with Stazon (solvent ink). That process worked for me in a recent tracker. Good luck.
Re: You are Cordially Invited
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #971815 by RDHG
Feb 20, 2019 4:50pm
Thread Board
On it!
Re: Cow theme! Yay
Reply to: #971831 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 20, 2019 4:54pm
Thread Board
Milking the subject a bit ??
Re: Atlanta Area Letterbox recommendations
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #971529 by Kirbert
Feb 20, 2019 5:02pm
Thread Board
Naked dog walking in the rain with an orange Joy!
Re: Cow theme! Yay
Reply to: #971819 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 20, 2019 5:54pm
Thread Board
Awwww.... This reminds me of Fluffy Cow. Many Many chat room memories....

~Aurora
Re: Do you ever send markers or ink?
Board: Postals
Reply to: #971748 by BaliWho
Feb 20, 2019 5:55pm
Thread Board
I'm intrigued that there are specific colors to use on your stamp. Luckily I'm in the ring and will get to see what you came up with. πŸ–
Re: Host gifts
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971811 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 20, 2019 6:28pm
Thread Board
They were the re-usable kind and I did have the AQ number on the back. Which is why it was confusing as to why they were not acknowledged nor recorded.
Reply to: #971840 by JBartiste
Feb 20, 2019 6:32pm
Thread Board
So we started planting days here in central texas! We all plan a day, prep the stamps, spend the morning planting. We had lunch together and then went out to find.

Our next one, we voted for a double day. We'll spend all the first day planting and have dinner together. second day is for finding...

Maybe you could get some locals together to follow a similar format...
Reply to: #971846 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 20, 2019 6:52pm
Thread Board
What a fun idea! I am going to do that. Thank you for the advice. πŸ’›
Re: Box Radar is Gone
Board: Box Radar
Reply to: #971796 by River Sol
Feb 20, 2019 6:57pm
Thread Board
Clue Tracker for Android is currently being ported from the Apple version. Testing is in process and the app looks and works similar to the Apple version. Way better than Box Radar! Be patient, it is coming!
Re: Box Radar is Gone
Board: Box Radar
Reply to: #971848 by Phoenix Rizing
Feb 20, 2019 7:03pm
Thread Board
Clue Tracker for Android...Be patient, it is coming!

I will ask MichKathy about this!

~Aurora
Reply to: #971847 by RDHG
Feb 20, 2019 7:03pm
Thread Board
By the way, I saw your request for stamps for a homeschooling event...

I'm doing a stamp carving workshop and intro to letterboxing for our local homeschool community on March 13th! I'll be leading the carving and a friend of mine is going to lead the groups in finding letterboxes and educating...
Feb 20, 2019 7:14pm
Thread Board
I had the same problem recently -- I used a hair dryer on each card for a few minutes and then let them sit overnight. The versafine was dry in the morning (I tried rubbing the stamped images and they didn't smear).

[Edit: I live in a very dry climate - if the humidity is high, it might take longer to dry]
Reply to: #971632 by Artemis
Feb 20, 2019 7:58pm
Thread Board
Stone Mountain can be totally overwhelming,

I've been doing maintenance on some of mine there and pulling some that have served their purpose and should be retired. I might just go ahead and pull all mine that are older than 2 years (um, yeah that's most - LOL). I would hazard to guess that the locals have most of the old ones and new boxers aren't going to bother with how overwhelming the park is anyway.
Reply to: #971852 by She Runs
Feb 20, 2019 8:14pm
Thread Board
Wait!!! I'm a new (ish) boxer and I love your carves! Please please please give me another month or two!
Feb 20, 2019 9:24pm
Thread Board
What they said! Also, you can also use gesso OVER your stamped image; it depends on what effect you're looking for, and how you want to use your color mediums...there is no right or wrong; just options for how to play!πŸ˜€
Re: New Search Adventure
Board: State: New Mexico
Reply to: #971833 by nedhead
Feb 20, 2019 9:57pm
Thread Board
...and the other near Eminence, MO.

From a Phoenix launchsite?!? Wow! The jet stream must have been cooking that day!

I would love to hear more about your future launches and if any of them head towards central Texas I would love to help track it down.
Re: Gettysburg ?s
Board: State: Pennsylvania
Reply to: #971827 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 2:44am
Thread Board
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

PP
Reply to: #971850 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 21, 2019 4:08am
Thread Board
Oh, how nice of you to do that! Hopefully a few families will get the bug. πŸ˜ƒ

We potentially have two families coming over Sunday to learn about letterboxing, and one of them has already decided that they definitely want to play. πŸ‘
Reply to: #971827 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 5:05am
Thread Board
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

Have Fun!
Reply to: #971856 by Pink Panther
Feb 21, 2019 6:04am
Thread Board
Pine Grove State Park. It doesn't have full hook ups, but there electric sites. Close to letterboxes. :)

Thanks,
Hubs decided last night he doesn't want to pull the trailer that far yet. So now we're looking at normal lodging like cabins, hotels, airbnb.

I'm not sure we will have time to go to any state parks now. :(
It sounds wonderful.
Re: Plant a Beer Day 2019
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #971778 by Johnsosaurus
Feb 21, 2019 6:08am
Thread Board
If you're interested in making an LTC out of your Plant A Beer stamp please consider joining Cheers for Beers!
Reply to: #971858 by Lowland Lass
Feb 21, 2019 6:09am
Thread Board
Our favorite campground is the Drummer Boy Camping Resort. Beautiful pool and great activities.

I also recommend visiting the Eisenhower National Historic Site. You need to take a shuttle bus there that you pick up at the Gettysburg visitor's center.

I think I looked at this one last night right before hubby decided he doesn't want to take the trailer that far....

I'd like to visit Eisenhower HS, but hubby probably won't. Maybe I can leave him to roam the battlefield, and I'll go with the kids. ;)

Thanks!
Reply to: #971801 by photopam
Feb 21, 2019 6:16am
Thread Board
I've been waiting for this. I have two stamps carved and am trying to figure out where to plant.

Two stamps?! Fantastic!
Reply to: #971802 by Tempus Fugit
Feb 21, 2019 6:23am
Thread Board
I've not done much boxing in the last few years. Inexcusable, I know, but trying to get back in the loop. There are so many breweries near me now, so I shall try to contribute.

Plant A Beer Day is a great time to get back into boxing. Cheers!
Re: What do you use to mount a stamp?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #971620 by RDHG
Feb 21, 2019 6:24am
Thread Board
I use contact cement (the stuff used for laying tile flooring), it stinks, but is really permanent, and I've never had problems with it coming apart, and I always have some around the house.
Reply to: #971853 by Quarry
Feb 21, 2019 6:37am
Thread Board
LOL! No worries - I'm not moving very fast at my goals!!

I think you may be one of the few newer local boxers at the mountain - though I could be wrong about that. Good luck on your continued searches!
Cheers for Beers!
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Feb 21, 2019 6:46am
Board
April 7 is National Beer Day - Making this the third year of celebrating Plant A Beer Day and last year I made a ltc with my brewery stamp and then never did anything with it so I thought this year I'd host a ltc tracker, Cheers for Beers!

Please consider not only partaking in Plant A Beer Day but also making a ltc with your carve for Cheers for Beers.