Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by aMAZEing adventure frogProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
I agree. I don't expect anything and I do appreciate and am tickled by little gifts of appreciation. If I recall correctly, LTC quisps were intended to encourage reusable mailers. What a treat to peel off the mailing label to find a little treasure und...
Bring them on! (Darn it! I just gave away my four layer stamp for the house in the movie UP.)
by twofreetimersProfileContactLogbookNote
I use distressed oxide ink with a round blender. I usually do a circlular motion or sometimes just a heavy up and down motion. One thing I also do is tape the stencil down on one side so it doesn't move while I am stenciling. When finished.. I just...
by twofreetimersProfileContactLogbookNote
I found when I first started that seeing some of them helped me in figuring out how to make them. I learn more thru visuals. Linden leaf has ltcs to share with you.
by AstrophelProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
I'm not sure if it is still going on, but there was an online coupon for 20% off of your purchase and another 25% of orders of $35 (US Dollars). I was able to get 5 new blades w/ quick release handle (10 years later means I deserve new blades, right?)...
by DeeCeeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Indiana
I’m headed to Indpls.next month, my hometown. Look up Crown Hill Cemetery, any of them are fun to find. I will be replacing my Benjamin Harrison plant at C.H.C. while I’m there. Have a fun time.
by AstrophelProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Hitchhikers, Cooties, and Fleas
It'll take a sec, but if you sort them by last found and see if the last known spot was a box you found, you'd be good. Even if you gave credit to the unknown, finding the original planter would be best. Happy Hunting! :)
by DoubleSaj and Old BlueProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Funny Pages
Good judgement comes from experience. And experience? Well, comes from poor judgement. I wondered why you had such good judgment. Old Blue
by Trekkie GalProfileContactLogbookNote
Just looked up the forecast, and it's supposed to rain. That's a big nope from me! Guess I'll have to come down again some other time to hit Crown Hill. TG
by PuggleMomProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Connecticut
Honeychyck, I live near Barn Island Wildlife Management Area, Stonington. The trails are very pretty, lots of great views of the ocean. But the trails are also packed with geocaches. I'm happy to walk with someone to keep your letterbox away from a geo...
by Rocket RaiderProfileContactLogbookNote
I was going to suggest the Benjamin Harrison one, but I guess maybe not. :( It was a good reason to find the cemetery's high point. The view there is very nice. I think there are still a couple others in that general area. I would second the Paddle Yo...
by jlsd0218ProfileContactLogbookNote
I am down! That would be a fun tracker!!
by River SolProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Box Radar
I think there must be a certificate validation needed.... I loaded the apk from wayback machine and upon registering AQ needed some sort of whois validation from boxradar.com to work. Above my pay grade, but maybe there's a workaround if someone reclai...
by Only DreamingProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
I've personally received postals with ink pads in it.. I didn't have a problem with it.. but I'd check with the members and host of the tracker, just to make sure they didn't mind..
Greenmountainhiker needs to join this conversation!
by photopamProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Event News and Planning
I've been waiting for this. I have two stamps carved and am trying to figure out where to plant. Thanks!
by Tempus FugitProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Event News and Planning
I've not done much boxing in the last few years. Inexcusable, I know, but trying to get back in the loop. There are so many breweries near me now, so I shall try to contribute. If we do cross paths though, there is still this: https://www.atlasquest....
by Kit Kat 61ProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Connecticut
Barn Island has already been claimed! As have Rocky Neck, Harkness, American Legion/Peoples Forests, and Dennis Hill! So--five down, and I have not claimed one yet. I will definitely do so by March 1. Also, if anyone wants to consider planting a bon...
by speedsquareProfileContactLogbookNote
If you plan another trip, I may be available to serve as a navigator around town.
by condoProfileContactLogbookNote
what size are quisps? I looked in the glossary and it didn't state.
by Linden LeafProfileContactLogbookNote
I think they are smaller than a standard LTC and they can be whatever shape you want. That's what makes them super special :-)
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Funny Pages
It’s so true. I’ve had plenty of practice working towards good judgement! 😄
by Porras PosseProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
I have on occasion sent markers or ink for postals that I wanted to ensure the right colors were used (with no issues). The ink/markers came back just as I sent them every time. If it doesn’t change the postage rate I don’t think it’s necessary to ask...
by ProcyonProfileContactLogbookNote
I put quisps under the labels on several LTC trades I did, but the quisps were never logged. So I stopped.
by Sheep ThrillsProfileContactLogbookNote
Most of the ones I've seen are less than an inch square. Sometimes really tiny, but usually just smaller than trading card size.
by Wise WandererProfileContactLogbookNote
I put quisps under the labels on several LTC trades I did, but the quisps were never logged. So I stopped. Were these re-usable (taped) envelopes where the host removes her address and your's is underneath? If not, they may not have realized there cou...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
Answering for myself, yes under the reusable label. It’s quite a surprise to rip off the label and have presents fall out!!! Good times. 😄
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
no state park in texas allows letterboxes without a permit. Which is a very very lengthy process... and thus, Renegades.
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Texas
Yeah, but now he looks like Joan Rivers. And gets around about as well, too. I miss his serpentine.
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: North Carolina
I would like to extend the invitation to my fellow letterboxers to join the guys and me in the much needed activity of planting letterboxes though the Mooresville, NC, area (mainly because we need some local boxes to find). 😁 Hehe. 🤣