A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: My Logbook Finds - alphabetically
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971680 by BaliWho
Feb 17, 2019 10:30pm
Thread Board
When you click the 'finds' option, it saves the file as "plants". It really is the finds list, though.

Thanks! It's been fixed! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Host gifts
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971661 by LROSEM
Feb 17, 2019 11:21pm
Thread Board
An example please, of what would be an appropriate gift?
Re: Logbook Tweak
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #971675 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 3:56am
Thread Board
I'd rather just let people put a "start date" and "end date" and include up to 500 boxes between the two because some people could invariably prefer to see an entire year, others might want to see a specific month or week or whatever. Maybe that's the better option.

I like the date range idea.
Unlisted finds
Feb 18, 2019 4:50am
Thread Board
I have a lot of finds from LBNA that I logged as unlisted since they are not on AQ. I could scroll through my logbook alphabetically before to find them since I didn't know the year. I tried an advanced search but the Owner is not listed as a member of AQ. Without going through each year, how do I easily locate them now?
Thank you.
Re: Unlisted finds
Reply to: #971684 by Teacup
Feb 18, 2019 5:17am
Thread Board
Having "unlisted" as a filter type on the profile page would be great!
Feb 18, 2019 5:20am
Thread Board
Teacup,

Couldn't you just do the same thing and select "all" for the year?

[Edit] Oh I see now that it is limited to 500. Is that the issue?

Larry
Re: Sky 2019
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #971643 by gsgeek
Feb 18, 2019 5:34am
Thread Board
Re: updates on AQ
Reply to: #971630 by Quarry
Feb 18, 2019 5:48am
Thread Board
You can go to asvanced search and enter your trail name in the finder field. What you get is an aphabetecial list of all your finds. You can then use edit search to order or sort those boxes anyway you want. Including by tags, watches, plant date, last found. It's a much better way of searching for boxes you found or planted or attempted than endlessley scrolling in a log book

This does not include unlisted finds.
Reply to: #971676 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 5:51am
Thread Board
It doesn't download into any recognizable organization on my computer, just what appears to be an AQ #, a name and hashtags. It's all finds, no matter LTC, traditional ... No dates. I can't figure out how that would be useable.
Re: updates on AQ
Reply to: #971688 by Trailhead Tessie
Feb 18, 2019 5:58am
Thread Board
What you get is an aphabetecial list of all your finds

Not complete list--only random 2500.
Re: Lock & Locks or...?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #971406 by RDHG
Feb 18, 2019 6:04am
Thread Board
I buy them on Amazon. Still a little pricey, but can find bulk sets that bring the price down a little compared to buying singles.
Re: Lock & Locks or...?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #971691 by BaliWho
Feb 18, 2019 6:07am
Thread Board
Thank you, BaliWho. I have been looking at Amazon but have not found a really good deal yet. I will keep looking! :D
Feb 18, 2019 6:18am
Thread Board
I just looked at my last 100 finds, and 58 of them are 'unlisted'.
Feb 18, 2019 6:22am
Thread Board
Re-record each unlisted find and place LbNA as the first word in the new title. Then search that word (LbNA). There's your list! Then go through again and delete the old finds. Have fun! 🤡🤓🤔

Try this:
Go to an "all" and ""Owner" search which should show up to 500.
Feb 18, 2019 6:29am
Thread Board
I've got the same problem. We did some unlisted series this weekend that aren't showing
Re: board messages
Reply to: #971654 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 6:39am
Thread Board
I liked checking the Boards page to see if there were replies to any of my messages and to see if anyone had clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. on my messages.

I miss doing that, it made me happy to see them all listed there and helped me procrastinate for a few more minutes. ;)

I think getting a inbox message saying, hey some one replied to your message, is a good idea.

Perhaps a widget is in order? One that lists My recent messages, and replies to me messages, just like what use to be on the Board page.

Back to my coffee now.
Reply to: #971696 by Public Hand
Feb 18, 2019 6:39am
Thread Board
There's a way! Did I miss this before or was it added? There's a box for "starts with" at the top. So to search for a box you found that starts with the letter "M" but you don't know what year you found it, put the letter "M" in that box and set the other search parameters to "All" and "Alphabetical". That's good. That's actually better than it was before. I pulled up 309 boxes that start with the letter 'M'. Was that "starts with" box always there and I just didn't see it? Thank you Ryan!
Reply to: #971678 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 18, 2019 6:43am
Thread Board
Just to clarify for anyone new-ish to LTC trackers, hostess gifts do NOT include wine, homemade cakes or pastries, vases of flowers, or the like

I won't turn those away though. ;)
Reply to: #971682 by InkTap
Feb 18, 2019 6:56am
Thread Board

More LTCs or a quisp.
Reply to: #971678 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 18, 2019 6:57am
Thread Board
When I first started making cards, I didn’t have a “stash” to use for gifts, so I would send a few extra postage stamps and a “thank you for hosting” note.

I always send one or more extra LTCs/quisps to the host as a thank you for hosting. However, there's one frequent host who is in pretty much every swap I'm in, so I rarely have any extra cards to send her. So she gets postage. :^)
Reply to: #971682 by InkTap
Feb 18, 2019 6:57am
Thread Board

Speaking for myself, I’d say small denominations... nothing larger than, say, 20s.

😎😉

Kidding aside, we always appreciate quisps or past cards, inchies ot twinchies. Not obligatory of course but a nice bonus if it happens.
Reply to: #971697 by photopam
Feb 18, 2019 7:03am
Thread Board
Perhaps a widget is in order? One that lists My recent messages, and replies to me messages, just like what use to be on the Board page.

I have My Newest Posts and Replies to My Messages widgets on My Page.
Reply to: #971689 by Topcollector
Feb 18, 2019 7:16am
Thread Board
Strange. I see type of box and dates on my iPad. I haven’t gone on my computer yet to experiment.

I do know that if you have columns that are too narrow, sometimes the info in the columns will show as hash tags. Try increasing your spreadsheet column widths. If all that works out, you then should be able to sort by type of box, etc.
Reply to: #971673 by Linden Leaf
Feb 18, 2019 7:24am
Thread Board
I was just thinking about this and how the last couple of swaps I did with you, I sent an extra card or two, but you did not log the extras. Do you add the extras to your gifts for newbie stash? Are you not interested in logging cards that aren’t in swaps for some reason? Do you not want extras??
Reply to: #971703 by JampersandJ
Feb 18, 2019 7:50am
Thread Board
I have My Newest Posts and Replies to My Messages widgets on My Page.

Oh, I'll go look for it now. :)

Update: found the My newest posts
Did not find replies to my messages...

Hmmm.............
Reply to: #971697 by photopam
Feb 18, 2019 7:59am
Thread Board
I liked checking the Boards page to see if there were replies to any of my messages and to see if anyone had clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. on my messages.... Perhaps a widget is in order?

There are widgets that do both of those things already, but the one that displays if there were replies to your messages is a premium member perk. The one with who has clicked funny, agree, interesting, etc. is available for everyone, though.

As for replies to you posts, I felt it was okay to leave that widget as a premium member perk because it's possible to run a search that does this whose results can be bookmarked or have notifications sent to one's AQ mail.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971685 by SherlockMiles
Feb 18, 2019 8:02am
Thread Board
Having "unlisted" as a filter type on the profile page would be great!

I'm not sure what you mean. There's already options to download your "unlisted finds" and "unlisted attempts" along with the other options.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971707 by Green Tortuga
Feb 18, 2019 8:02am
Thread Board
the one that displays if there were replies to your messages is a premium member perk

That explains why I'm not seeing it. So I'm not crazy after all.... ;)
Reply to: #971705 by hartwolfzell
Feb 18, 2019 8:03am
Thread Board
Which cards? Normally I log the cards that are Hostess gifts after the swap is sorted. And I guess there are times that I don't log the cards at all? I went looking at the cards that I have in my book that are yours that I might not have logged. There's the 3D one that was given to me last year I think? And then the cat Newk card is for a swap that has yet to be sorted. Are there more? Sigh...Because I tried to keep up on logging cards and I'm sorry to have missed more!!

But to answer your questions: I love extras. I try to log cards that have been given to me. I think leaving comments on cards is important. I don't normally add gifted cards or any cards that are given/swapped to me to the Newbie stash unless for some odd reason they aren't a subject matter that enjoy. If I add cards to the Newbie stash it's normally because I have an extra one.
Reply to: #971704 by JampersandJ
Feb 18, 2019 8:24am
Thread Board
I really, really hate to say anything that sounds like a complaint because this web site is a fantastic service for a ridiculously low price (even for premium membership), and we appreciate it so much.

I do, however, find it a bit frustrating to have to export logbook items to a spreadsheet to be able to view them all as we could before the big change.

Items in my logbook are numbered in Safari on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my MacBook Air, even though all are using Safari. No amount of refreshing the page on the Mac has changed that. Weird...

Thanks, GT, for all you do to keep AQ running smoothly.