A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: My Logbook Finds - alphabetically
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971619 by Green Tortuga
Feb 17, 2019 4:52am
Thread Board
And Dawnkey is very good at doing that. I'm glad to be a boxing buddy with her.
Re: What do you use to mount a stamp?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #971620 by RDHG
Feb 17, 2019 4:54am
Thread Board
I've used Gorilla glue and it seemed to work at first, but then I got reports of the foam coming off the stamps. I switched to E6000 and love it. I think that's my go-to glue now.
Reply to: #971619 by Green Tortuga
Feb 17, 2019 4:57am
Thread Board
There's a lot of good stuff for people who dig.

Maybe it helps that I used to be an archaeologist. :)
Re: updates on AQ
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #971587 by MissMoon
Feb 17, 2019 5:14am
Thread Board
Odd...I still have no numbers.
Reply to: #971628 by DevilinDog
Feb 17, 2019 5:41am
Thread Board
I just checked & I have numbers back on my phone, which uses Safari! Still the yearly and 500 menu—guess that’s here to stay?
Reply to: #971629 by Kit Kat 61
Feb 17, 2019 5:54am
Thread Board
Yes, because the log book is a log book not a search engine.
You can go to asvanced search and enter your trail name in the finder field. What you get is an aphabetecial list of all your finds. You can then use edit search to order or sort those boxes anyway you want. Including by tags, watches, plant date, last found. It's a much better way of searching for boxes you found or planted or attempted than endlessley scrolling in a log book .
April 21 Event Just Listed for Raleigh, NC Area
Board: Event News and Planning
Feb 17, 2019 6:59am
Board
Check out the Forest Ridge Park event on the event page!
Re: Atlanta Area Letterbox recommendations
Board: State: Georgia
Reply to: #971283 by Chill E
Feb 17, 2019 7:05am
Thread Board
When are you planning to come? Will you have a car? Do you like long hikes? Stone Mountain can be totally overwhelming, and although there are lots of boxes, you shouldn't expect to go there and get 50 boxes in one day. Even 20 is a push for someone without a guide. Other locations (Red Top Mountain, Don Carter state park, Yellow River, Arabia Mountain, Unicoi, Yargo) have more straight forward clues, scenic trails, and only cost $5.00.
Re: What do you use to mount a stamp?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #971521 by RDHG
Feb 17, 2019 7:09am
Thread Board
What do you use to mount a stamp?

I assume this is all accomplished with the consent of the stamp
Reply to: #971530 by burning feet
Feb 17, 2019 7:41am
Thread Board
I seem to have lost my numbers on my logbook finds.

Your browser is using an old CSS page. Doing a page refresh should fix that problem. (On a Windows machine, for instance, a Ctrl-F5 should get the job done. I'm not as familiar with other machines.)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971531 by Grrly Girl
Feb 17, 2019 7:42am
Thread Board
On your log page I can use the dropdown menu by year to see that in your first year you logged 240 boxes.

Hmm... That's actually a bug. You're only supposed to see your own counts by year--not other people's counts!

-- Ryan
Re: new aq
Reply to: #971622 by burning feet
Feb 17, 2019 8:37am
Thread Board
I still have mine.
Reply to: #971634 by Green Tortuga
Feb 17, 2019 9:20am
Thread Board
Your browser is using an old CSS page. Doing a page refresh should fix that problem. (On a Windows machine, for instance, a Ctrl-F5 should get the job done. I'm not as familiar with other machines.

Nope, does not work for me. I've refreshed multiple times and still don't have any numbers. Very disappointed in the 'new' logbook. What was wrong with the way it was before that we needed these downgrades?
Reply to: #971509 by Trailhead Tessie
Feb 17, 2019 9:54am
Thread Board
Including unlisted (there would need to be a way to add location for those)

I found all my unlisted finds from my profile page, by choosing Traditional, 500, and Alphabetical. The resulting list began with all the unlisted boxes, in alpha order.
Re: 2019 Challenge
Board: Sky's the Limit
Reply to: #971593 by Kit Kat 61
Feb 17, 2019 10:54am
Thread Board
I am in for the American/people's forest trail!
Reply to: #971283 by Chill E
Feb 17, 2019 12:11pm
Thread Board
Stone Mountain can definitely be overwhelming and the search results could stand to be cleaned up. Decatur Cemetery is great. Oakland Cemetery only has a few, but is amazing in it's own right. Where else would you find a cemetery with a gift shop? And the Doll Head Trail is quite interesting as well.
Reply to: #971641 by 3seekersandadonkey
Feb 17, 2019 12:30pm
Thread Board
I think they are leaving today or tommorow, but recheck Oakland, they fixed it up nice!
Re: Sky 2019
Reply to: #971490 by Trailhead Tessie
Feb 17, 2019 1:07pm
Thread Board
Thanks for doing this- The original posted link to the map doesn't seem to be working? Is the link different since you updated it?
board messages
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Feb 17, 2019 1:24pm
Thread Board
Am I the only one who is now confused on how/where to respond to board messages? I used to go to the board and respond there... now they are in my inbox and I'm responding there - but they are not going to the board... so my mail is cross-pollinating with my board posts and I'm confused...

Is there a way to get the board posts OUT of my inbox??? I don't want it there...

And why - when you go to that page aren't they listed as the latest posting backwards... I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find what I most recently wrote???

Consider me confused...
Reply to: #971641 by 3seekersandadonkey
Feb 17, 2019 1:28pm
Thread Board
6 new boxes were just added in Oakland Cemetery.
Re: board messages
Reply to: #971644 by mudflinginfools
Feb 17, 2019 1:33pm
Thread Board
There is a way...in preferences, maybe? I know that there is a way, but I am not sure how.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to see the boards the way that they used to be, which only the title of each post showing?
Feb 17, 2019 1:34pm
Thread Board
I just checked, Mud. Yes, it is is preferences, at the bottom of he page.
Reply to: #971645 by hawkeye
Feb 17, 2019 1:52pm
Thread Board
Some of them by the boxer who started this thread
Feb 17, 2019 1:58pm
Thread Board
Is there a way to get the board posts OUT of my inbox?

You're something like the third person who's asked me that, and I'm absolutely baffled why this is so confusing because at the bottom of the AQ mail, it actually says "to stop receiving these notifications, update your message board preferences" with a link directly to the page to set the preference.

Do I need to make the text bigger? Put it at the top of the page?

I used to go to the board and respond there...

You didn't have to stop doing it that way.... =)

I thought some people would like getting replies to their AQ mail and not have to scan the message boards for replies. It's easy enough to opt-out (I thought), but maybe I shouldn't actually include the message itself. Just post that there was a reply to one of your posts with links to the reply.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971647 by RDHG
Feb 17, 2019 1:59pm
Thread Board
thanks - at least that's out of my inbox :)
Reply to: #971649 by Green Tortuga
Feb 17, 2019 2:02pm
Thread Board
lol... some of the board messages I get are pretty long - so I just read the text written by whomever sent it... my inbox has been pretty busy lately ;)

I'm fixed now - don't know why you switched everyone over to that as the default... I would have rather opted into it than out of it... but that's just me...
Reply to: #971646 by RDHG
Feb 17, 2019 2:07pm
Thread Board
Do you happen to know if there is a way to see the boards the way that they used to be, which only the title of each post showing?

Click the "Simple" button. There are three views for messages: simple, summary and expanded. By default, it'll show messages in an expanded format, but you can compress them as needed by clicking the other options.

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971630 by Quarry
Feb 17, 2019 2:10pm
Thread Board
thats so complicated. was so much simpler before
Reply to: #971651 by mudflinginfools
Feb 17, 2019 2:22pm
Thread Board
don't know why you switched everyone over to that as the default...

I figured there were probably a lot of people (especially those who don't use the message boards much) who'd like to get notifications of replies--otherwise, they might miss them completely.

Nobody would have noticed the feature if you have to opt-in. Everyone notices if that's the default--but I tried to make it super easy for people to opt out. I figured a minor, one-time inconvenience for a small number of people to opt out was better than an inconvenience for a large number of people that would prefer to use this feature (but would probably never notice the option existed otherwise).

I've gone ahead and removed the text of the message, though, so now there are only links to the board, thread and post. (And settings!)

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971654 by Green Tortuga
Feb 17, 2019 2:45pm
Thread Board
Well I just want to say that I, for one, appreciate your making the mobile experience better. I’m sure it’s a lot of work and a thankless job. You probably don’t hear from the hundreds (thousands?) of satisfied users.

So thank you.

I still disagree that it’s not a thread based board though... 😉