A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: What do you use to mount a stamp?
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
Reply to: #971550 by Kiss'n Karin
Feb 16, 2019 1:33pm
Thread Board
If your wood warps, you used the wrong wood. Use oak.

If your stamped image has gaps in it, you forgot to include a layer of foam between the rubber and the wood. Something soft like pipe insulation tape is called for.
Re: Mystery Postal #OK2019A
Board: Postals
Reply to: #971584 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 16, 2019 1:38pm
Thread Board
A very fine first effort at mystery postals! I look forward to more from both you and Irish Ref.
Re: updates on AQ
Board: State: Connecticut
Reply to: #971567 by DevilinDog
Feb 16, 2019 1:42pm
Thread Board
I have the numbers now but I think they weren't there before? Not sure.

I thought the logbook was fine before the update. ::::shrug::::
Re: Why hide plants?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #971583 by All 4 Bama
Feb 16, 2019 1:49pm
Thread Board
can I ask what state this is in

Whatever you do don't temporary or otherwise plant in Prince William Forest Park, Dumfries, VA. There was an event there and it was supposed to be a 2 day event and the ranger forced us to pull all the boxes on the morning of the first day. It was very sad as the event planner had worked very hard and many people had come and we were also very disappointed!!!
Reply to: #971581 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 16, 2019 1:52pm
Thread Board
The people it matters to can see my boxes, which after seeing your stats (sketchy-looking guy) that it won't matter at all.

Just an alias that I thought might fit the logbook stalking theme. Is that 2018 in your profile? Congrats on one year of boxing!!!
Reply to: #971589 by sketchy-looking guy
Feb 16, 2019 2:02pm
Thread Board
Just an alias that I thought might fit the logbook stalking theme.

::::::deep sigh of relief::::::: lol
Reply to: #971588 by Elle
Feb 16, 2019 2:06pm
Thread Board
I remember that. I think it was decided that maybe he was just a jerk on a power trip. Just our luck that he noticed.
Re: Sky 2019
Reply to: #971455 by cooledcoyote
Feb 16, 2019 3:06pm
Thread Board
Okay, I have created a tracker for anyone interested in planting a SKY 2019 letterbox! It is an open tracker--you are welcome to join if you are just planning to do the challenge and want to know more about what's going on. Also if you are one of the folks who likes to carve but not plant or vice versa, please join and we'll find you a buddy!
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10144
I will also post on the Sky's the Limit board.

≥KitKat≤
2019 Challenge
Board: Sky's the Limit
Feb 16, 2019 3:08pm
Thread Board
In case you haven't been following on the CT board, the sites for the 2019 DEEP Sky's the Limit Challenge have been posted. Half of them are repeats from previous years, but I'm hoping people will still be interested in planting new boxes. So I have posted a tracker: https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10144

≥KitKat≤
Re: new aq
Reply to: #971572 by Trailhead Tessie
Feb 16, 2019 3:16pm
Thread Board
Hit the refresh button. I just did that and the numbers are back. Thank you Ryan.
Re: 2019 Challenge
Reply to: #971593 by Kit Kat 61
Feb 16, 2019 3:22pm
Thread Board
I’ll do one, but I’ll hold off claiming any right now, but I decline Macedonia, I did that Sky box last time.
Re: 2019 Challenge
Reply to: #971596 by cooledcoyote
Feb 16, 2019 3:26pm
Thread Board
If memory serves, Macedonia was the most challenging of all of the Sky hikes that I’ve done!
Reply to: #971591 by MissMoon
Feb 16, 2019 4:05pm
Thread Board
Exactly. 2 other people got tickets too.
Reply to: #971552 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 16, 2019 4:31pm
Thread Board
I got a ticket for putting out a temporary box at my campsite in a state park during an event.

I feel for you. I was arrested once at an event, under similar circumstances. Cuffs and everything. Good times, good times.
Serial Killers in Saugatuck
Board: State: Michigan
Feb 16, 2019 5:39pm
Board
Hey one and all!

The "Serial Killers in Saugatuck" event is taking place on Saturday, April 27, 2019...hosted by yours truly...Familyof6.

Rumor has it that over 50+ killers have been sighted. Are you brave enough to face the killers? OR...will you become a victim?

There is only one way to find out. Sign up now!
Reply to: #971599 by wassamatta u
Feb 16, 2019 5:41pm
Thread Board
Sometimes, I'd like a "jaw dropping wildly" button...
Re: Has anyone read about Konmari?
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #896593 by The hicks from the sticks
Feb 16, 2019 5:41pm
Thread Board
I read this book several years ago too. I am committed to doing this now. Finished clothing. Done with cookbooks. The rest of my book collections are next.
Reply to: #971599 by wassamatta u
Feb 16, 2019 5:57pm
Thread Board
Cuffs and everything.

Yeah, but he let you go pretty quick. We were all a little disappointed never to see you in the back of the squad car. *nodding*

-- Ryan
Reply to: #971573 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 16, 2019 6:00pm
Thread Board
no state park in texas allows letterboxes without a permit. Which is a very very lengthy process...
Re: My Logbook Finds - alphabetically
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971569 by Janila
Feb 16, 2019 6:04pm
Thread Board
Changes like this make me happy that my REAL logbook is an excel spreadsheet that I have maintained for 15 years.

That reminds me... I've been meaning to create a way for people to do just that and it's now live! Look for links to download finds, plants and attempts at the bottom of your profile page.

The data comes straight out of the database without any attempt at formatting stuff to look pretty. Very bare-bones, but for anyone who wants to do this, you can! =)

-- Ryan
Re: Has anyone read about Konmari?
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #971603 by speedsquare
Feb 16, 2019 6:24pm
Thread Board
Good Luck! It got to overwhelming for me. But I did make some huge changes.

~Aurora
Reply to: #971580 by Green Tortuga
Feb 16, 2019 7:10pm
Thread Board
Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't get your example search to work for me. I go to advanced search and put a single letter in the box name field, and I only get boxes with that single letter alone in their name. I don't get a list of "begins with" or "includes".
Reply to: #971595 by Topcollector
Feb 16, 2019 7:16pm
Thread Board
Hit the refresh button. I just did that and the numbers are back.

Not working for me. I hit refresh a bunch of time but still don't have any numbers.
Reply to: #971598 by Fantastic Mrs. Fox
Feb 16, 2019 7:18pm
Thread Board
I was responding to the post about the event in Virginia in 2016, the post from Ele. Forgot to include the quote from it.

https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?eventId=3522
Reply to: #971610 by Trailhead Tessie
Feb 16, 2019 7:27pm
Thread Board
Not working for me. I hit refresh a bunch of time but still don't have any numbers.

I don't know if the browser makes a difference for anyone else but I just realized that if I go on AQ in Safari I have no numbers in my logbook. But with Chrome I have them.

I have had to stop looking at AQ on Safari. Pages won't complete loading and keep freezing up.
Reply to: #971609 by Rocket Raider
Feb 16, 2019 7:28pm
Thread Board
Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't get your example search to work for me. I go to advanced search and put a single letter in the box name field, and I only get boxes with that single letter alone in their name. I don't get a list of "begins with" or "includes".

Try inserting a carat--^--before the single letter.

More info about basic search

I should confess that I didn't know this. Your post got me curious enough to go digging.
Reply to: #971612 by MissMoon
Feb 16, 2019 7:46pm
Thread Board
I use firefox and I have numbers.
Re: Seeking Logbooks
Board: Tools of the Trade
Reply to: #971497 by RDHG
Feb 16, 2019 8:18pm
Thread Board
I think Colorful Caterpillars makes/sells them. Or used to. I've seen her selling them at events.
Reply to: #971613 by Dawnkey
Feb 16, 2019 8:21pm
Thread Board
Thanks!
Re: Pre-TALE gathering
Board: State: Texas
Reply to: #971408 by Wry Me
Feb 16, 2019 8:30pm
Thread Board
Hey now, seen GNR 3 times and never been disappointed, even a couple years ago when Axl looked more like Michael Meyers then humself.