Skip to Content
Register · Login
About Theme

A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

by JampersandJProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Postals
I haven't had problems (yet). I think from your post, you've gotten to the crux of the matter ~ disgruntled employee. He/she would probably complain about other things too. Here is the link to the specifics: https://www.usps.com/ship/letters.htm "Non...
by PI JoeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Stamp Carving and Mounting
About an hour per square inch of rubber.
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Super speedy pink stuff stylized signature stamps signifying symbolism and stoking seeker's stimulating searches.
by Super Hedge HoggieProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Really random: Ryan - why is your Green Tortuga signature image upside down? Just curious if that is symbolic?
by MaudeProfileContactLogbookNote
I would guess it's about a square inch an hour, but I can only carve for about 3 hours before I start making mistakes. I can lengthen that by another hour if I alternate complex tiny details areas with larger ones, or clean up along the edges of the st...
by TopcollectorProfileContactLogbookNote
All of our clerks used to feel the envelopes when I would take them in and add postage for any bumps. Our new clerks don't do that. You might try putting it inside a greeting card or thin cardstock on each side of the stamp. They don't charge extra...
by Cross FamilyProfileContactLogbookNote
What state etc. Is Your Event Scheduled for?
by Public HandProfileContactLogbookNote
Travel to terrifically talented trimmers' tableaux
by RIclimberProfileContactLogbookNote
It got stuck that way during his Australia trip.
by Baby BearProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Texas
Thanks for putting this together. Silver Eagle is on long vacation, but will sign up when gets home. See y'all soon!
by J WalkersProfileContactLogbookNote
On regular plbs, one of our nearby p.o.s had this ancient woman who would bark "What's in there?" Instead of the q's she is supposed to ask. Thankfully, she retired & replaced with a very friendly agent.
by PiggyJauntProfileContactLogbookNote
I never carve anything all that elaborate, so something like a cartoon character, two inch by two inch size? Probably 20 mins at most.
by LROSEMProfileContactLogbookNote
I consider myself fairly fast at carving. I think material and tools make for a huge difference in how long carving takes me. Oz and a miniaturized staedtler can take me upwards of 4 hours for a LTC sized stamp of average detail. Pink and a speedball #...
by KirbertProfileContactLogbookNote
I think that may be one of the things that changes with experience. When you're new at carving, the tendency is not to spend too long on a carve. Not because it's not worth it, but more because you're worried you're gonna mess it up. The idea of put...
by greenmountainhikerProfileContactLogbookNote
I agree with what others said. Mostly for me, carving is about focus and the question may be more about how long I can sustain that focus. The more detailed the carving, the more difficult and the longer I have to be focused. Generally, I can last abo...
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
1-3 hours for each LTC sized stamp, depending on the complexity.
by DarkZen and Evil Cow PieProfileContactLogbookNote
And, in an un-solicited anonymous gesture of good will! LTC-ers are the best! DZ
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
I tried selecting a time in a new event I wanted to list and it forced me to use military time for the start time, which then reverted to a 12-hour time. The end time was on a 12-hour, if I remember correctly. Then it didn't like the time I had, so I h...
by Wry MeProfileContactLogbookNote
Board: State: Texas
I saw this challenge and thought it would be fun. Just worried I won't be able to finish.
by IrishRefProfileContactLogbookNote
Just imagining all those possible shocking answers you could have given her.
by Green TortugaProfileContactLogbookNote
I don't really have much control over the time widget--I just tell the browser "get the start and end times" and leave it to the browser to do it. But I took a look at it on my machine and I have to admit, it's actually really weird and I'm not sure w...
by RDHGProfileContactLogbookNote
Thank you for your input, Everyone. I carved my first stamp in a few years, and I felt like it took me a long time. Based on your feedback, maybe it did not take that long. However, it is much bigger than I planned. No worries. I simply need more...
by Gypsy FiddlerProfileContactLogbookNote
Oooh! Do tell-what goodies did you get??😀
by Oberon_KenobiProfileContactLogbookNote
... So, where do you buy them, without buying a greeting card along with it?
... I use the soft material for stamps that have large inked areas. I use hard material for when there are few inked areas.
... I've been able to glue in a piece that I should not have cut out. I've done it multiple times. I don't know if others have noticed these patches, but I have. FYI, I use E-6000 to glue them back in because it remains a little flexible. I have on...
... That's probably about right for me too. It definitely depends on complexity. My longest carve (to that point) is of a lighthouse, Minot's Ledge Light. It must have taken at least 10 hours over 5 days. It is an excellent carve, except that the t...
by FORAYCHProfileContactLogbookNote
... Probably too long! :) I most likely am in the slower category of carvers, but I have done detailed inchies in an hour and 5" x 5" stamps that took over 40+ hours. I probably am slower because I am careful, like Kirbert mentions, because I take...
by jlsd0218ProfileContactLogbookNote
Uncommon, unique utensils creating the ultimate unsurpassed urban letterboxes!
Very vehement vegans venerating valuable vegetables.