Search

Read Messages

Re: Do I really need this book?
Board: Reading Room
Reply to: #971124 by Captain Slick Kitty
Feb 6, 2019 7:03pm
Thread Board
I say
YES, you need Cousin Rachel also.....have you seen the show yet?? https://youtu.be/Gp_8OYkGds0

-Amanda
Re: Welcome to the Current Big Update!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #971156 by Baqash
Feb 6, 2019 8:09pm
Thread Board
That's a custom menu option you added, but I went ahead and logged into your account to check it out and it looks like the search is just set to search for LTCs rather than traditional boxes. I changed the URL so the search type is "1" instead of "18" and it seems to work fine now.

-- Ryan
Re: Welcome to the Current Big Update!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Reply to: #971160 by Green Tortuga
Feb 6, 2019 8:13pm
Thread Board
Ah. Thank you. I’ve slept so many times since then I didn’t realize that was a custom add
Re: Happy AQversary to TaiChi and ChaiTea
Board: State: Colorado
Reply to: #971135 by Angel and Demon
Feb 6, 2019 8:26pm
Thread Board
Woohoo! Happy cake day, and may your next year yield many more finds, on smooth trails, in great weather, and with lots of good times with your letterboxing friends!😄💕
Re: New gal proving herself- open tracker.
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Reply to: #971145 by dancingpecan
Feb 6, 2019 8:42pm
Thread Board
Great advise from DP!

I’ll add that it won’t always go as smoothly as you might wish. I don’t say that to dissuade you (I think you should take the plunge!) rather, I say it to remind you that they seem to take on a life of their own and you should just accept that. Remember, have fun.
Reply to: #971159 by Amanda from Seattle
Feb 6, 2019 8:45pm
Thread Board
That’s the trailer I saw that has triggered my internal debate..... Rachel Weisz looks like she owns this role. But I have only seen the trailer.

Csk
Re: Winterfest 2019
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #971146 by The hicks from the sticks
Feb 6, 2019 9:10pm
Thread Board
I reread 1984 last year and it is so fitting to today. even more so than when I read it in the late 80s. Now Big Brother is everywhere.

The pervasive surveillance is not as in "1984", yet. However, it is approaching. For instance, the government doesn't mandate 24 hour surveillance, we have to buy our own spy-bot and it is (so far) voluntary.

At least we're not like China, which is much closer to "1984" than are we.
Reply to: #971158 by Sheep Thrills
Feb 6, 2019 10:26pm
Thread Board
The second swap I ever hosted had about 24 participants. After sorting and repackaging I was a little brain dead. I left my mailing label on at least three of the envelopes. I got mail for several days. lol
Posting Details?
Board: Wiki Help Discussions
Feb 7, 2019 1:46am
Thread Board
I am not even sure if I am posting this on the right board, but where can I find the details of how to make letters bold, add a hyperlink, etc. when posting on a board? Thank you.
Re: Posting Details?
Reply to: #971167 by RDHG
Feb 7, 2019 3:57am
Thread Board
Go to the Home menu and select Help.
On the right side there is a link for Syntax Help - this is what you want
Reply to: #971162 by Gypsy Fiddler
Feb 7, 2019 4:22am
Thread Board
Thank you!
Reply to: #971168 by SherlockMiles
Feb 7, 2019 5:28am
Thread Board
Thank you, SherlockMiles! That is exactly what I was seeking. 👍
Re: Mystery Postal #OK2019A
Board: Postals
Reply to: #971120 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 7, 2019 6:25am
Thread Board
Clue 8: Roger
Reply to: #971124 by Captain Slick Kitty
Feb 7, 2019 6:36am
Thread Board
Local libraries are good for these kind of things. ;)
Re: Event, Anyone?
Board: State: Oklahoma
Reply to: #971123 by photopam
Feb 7, 2019 7:00am
Thread Board
Sounds great, I’ll definitely keep updates as I figure it all out!
Re: Who is still here?
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #971044 by RDHG
Feb 7, 2019 7:16am
Thread Board
Still here, but not there. I am planning to visit in a couple months.
Re: Who is still here?
Board: State: North Carolina
Reply to: #971077 by knit wit
Feb 7, 2019 7:17am
Thread Board
Glad to see that you are still lurking on here and the bug bites you from time to time. =)
Re: The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
Reply to: #971148 by Yumgirl
Feb 7, 2019 7:21am
Thread Board
I liked the construct, and I liked that it took me a bit of time to really figure out what was going on. . . a bit like our narrator. I read a fair amount, and I usually am able to jump ahead a bit with a good idea of where the book is going. This book took me some time to sort out.

I also liked that it made me think about my own reactions. I tried to decide how I would react to something like what Anna did prior to heading to the house.

My only frustration was with the inclusion of Silver Tear. It seemed rather late in the story to add that character and possibly like an added obstacle which wasn't really needed.
Reply to: #971135 by Angel and Demon
Feb 7, 2019 10:13am
Thread Board
Those trail names are so cute together!! Very clever..
Reply to: #971166 by dancingpecan
Feb 7, 2019 12:36pm
Thread Board
24!!! Yikes. 😬

I have enough trouble with 9 - 12.
😄
Reply to: #971178 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 7, 2019 12:59pm
Thread Board
What can I say, I was young and naive. Of course, since I'm currently hosting 3 Interactive ltc swaps all due at the same time, I guess I now qualify as old and crazy. lol
State parks and DEEP
Board: State: Connecticut
Feb 7, 2019 2:24pm
Board
I recently created a hybrid which I placed off of the green trail in Cockaponset in Haddam/Higganum. I posted it here, and then attempted to post it on geocaching.com. Oops. Got a message that because it was in a state park, I needed to get a permit from DEEP. (Haven't we had this discussion before? I guess the geocaching folks decided to get strict...) Anyway, after going around in circles for a bit, I figured out that they only wanted things planted on marked trails, with no bushwhacking required--so I moved it. Hopefully they'll approve my new location!! One of these days I'll probably go and plant something else in the original location ;-) . Anyway, if you were planning to go check out my Year of the Dog: Athena hybrid, please be sure you have the updated clues! https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?boxId=301947

≥KitKat≤
Stamp Requests - Time to Carve!
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Feb 7, 2019 2:36pm
Thread Board
Hello my Grateful Friends!

Plans are well underway for fun times in Andover this July! The stamp trackers are listed below. We would REALLY appreciate your help and would LOVE to see your creative contributions! All stamps are needed by June 1st so we can box, plant and formulate the best clues. If you're willing, please sign up for multiple trackers!!! ;o)

"National Parks" will be one of the main series of planted carvings:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10131

"Blues Musicians" will be the other main traditional plants:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10132

The "U.S. Blues Lyrics" stamps will be used for Grateful Row boxes:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10133

We will have two night box sets - "Good Luck/Bad Luck":
Sits 'n knits has offered to carve one complete set, but we'll still need 13 stamps for night boxing on Saturday! Please sign-up here:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10135

EVERYONE who is camping should sign-up for the "Wave That Flag" series! Boxes will be planted and clued your after arrival. Please list your box as a Traditional planting and add it to this tracker:
https://www.atlasquest.com/showinfo.php?trackerId=10134

If you have any questions, just let us know. Have a Grateful Day!!! ;o)

Pete
Re: What did we miss ABCs?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Reply to: #971142 by Public Hand
Feb 7, 2019 2:48pm
Thread Board
Many mysterious muggles making mischief
Reply to: #971167 by RDHG
Feb 7, 2019 3:04pm
Thread Board
You'll also find a link for it in the dropdown for the Boards menubar option. (Wiki help)

-- Ryan
Re: Stamp Requests - Time to Carve!
Board: The Grateful Letterboxers!
Reply to: #971182 by The Merry Pranksters
Feb 7, 2019 4:38pm
Thread Board
Im swamped until after the middle of march helping with costimes for the kids play at school but after that of you still need carves i'll sign up.

Grateful Goofy
Wordpress and Popups
Board: Designing and Creating Webpages
Feb 7, 2019 5:37pm
Thread Board
Hi I am trying to add a popup subscription to my wordpress page. I am using the hustle plugin. Everything looks great until I go to the page its not actually popping up. Can anyone give me advice on what I am doing wrong?
Re: Wordpress and Popups
Board: Designing and Creating Webpages
Reply to: #971186 by Alaska hsm
Feb 7, 2019 5:59pm
Thread Board
Ugh. I got it to work but now I can't get it to stop popping up once they have subscribed.
The Edge of Extinction
Board: Television: After the Show Ends
Feb 7, 2019 6:11pm
Board
Sounds intriguing, right? That's the theme for the next Survivor season. And when there's a new Survivor season, there's a new Survivor pool! All the info is on the tracker. No stamp carving is necessary, and everyone is welcome to join!

TG
Are you funnier than me??
Board: Event News and Planning
Feb 7, 2019 7:04pm
Thread Board
I'm organizing a humor themed event and I'm not a funny person! I'm a very talented gardener, cook, teacher, carver and other things... But I need help with funny series of stamps! Ideas, suggestions? Throw 'em at me!!!

Literally, I'm the person who laughs at the joke a minute later than everyone else...