A Letterboxing Community

Search

Read Messages

Re: How do we find sub-accounts?
Board: Letterboxing Help Desk
Reply to: #971020 by Goofy girl
Feb 4, 2019 6:47am
Thread Board
You can also look under the "My Page" tab. There will be a link to "My Accounts"
Click that and you will be able to log into any of your sub accounts. :)
Re: AgentN
Board: Look at Me! Look At You!
Reply to: #971016 by jlsd0218
Feb 4, 2019 8:28am
Thread Board
Hope you had a wonderful day!
Reply to: #971023 by photopam
Feb 4, 2019 9:01am
Thread Board
And, I can see mine on my Mailbox page.
Domos!
Board: LTC: Trades and Trackers
Feb 4, 2019 10:52am
Thread Board
Anyone a fan of Domo? Here's a quick turn-around mini LTC swap: Little Domos!
Re: Bay Area Clock Change Event?
Board: State: California
Reply to: #970982 by kudichan
Feb 4, 2019 1:52pm
Thread Board
The pub I've had my eye on for a Clocks Change event is the Britannia Arms in Cupertino - maybe one of the San Jose peeps could check out if it is an appropriate set-up for our gang. The other place I have considered is the Commonwealth Pub on Telegraph near Pill Hill in Oakland. That one would be much easier for our newly minted Mrs Kudichan to check out. But it might be too small - the Kensington Circus was deemed "unfit" for that reason previously.

-- Princess Lea
Reply to: #971018 by RDHG
Feb 4, 2019 2:56pm
Thread Board
Got me to wondering, if the original account is premium, do the sub-accounts under it also have premium perks? Does a sub-account function the same as the main account, have their own logbooks, separate mailboxes, ability to post in the forums, etc.?
Reply to: #971029 by Wise Wanderer
Feb 4, 2019 3:41pm
Thread Board
if the original account is premium, do the sub-accounts under it also have premium perks?

No.

Does a sub-account function the same as the main account, have their own logbooks, separate mailboxes, ability to post in the forums, etc.?

Yes.

-- Ryan
Re: Domos!
Reply to: #971026 by Rebiccola
Feb 4, 2019 7:42pm
Thread Board
Aww, I love Domo! I wish I could join, but I have too much on my plate this month <3
Re: 15th Annual Tucson Letterboxing Gathering: Rodeo
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #971022 by Wronghat
Feb 4, 2019 8:51pm
Thread Board
So much fun. Loved it all. It was wonderful seeing OLD friends and meeting new. So much attentiion to detail. You two looked so happening in fringed gingham. Thanks for hosting!
Reply to: #971026 by Rebiccola
Feb 4, 2019 11:01pm
Thread Board
We’re in!
Re: New gal proving herself- open tracker.
Reply to: #970708 by Neoterra
Feb 4, 2019 11:03pm
Thread Board
Update-all cards are in now and they are going back out to everyone tomorrow.
What did we miss ABCs?
Board: Letterbox Chatter
Feb 5, 2019 3:32am
Thread Board
Since we have been on an unplanned hiatus from letterboxing, I know that there are some things that we have not seen. Who would like to play a little game and share some of the things that you have enjoyed via letterboxing in the past couple of years as we go through the alphabet?

I will start because I am sure that there has been an Abundant Array of Activity with All of the friendly and fun folks that we used to see on the trails and at events. Although, we did still see a bunch of Acorns.
Re: Wassa in Westford... (x-post)
Board: State: Massachusetts
Reply to: #970871 by wassamatta u
Feb 5, 2019 4:03am
Thread Board
Where are we meeting? Did I miss this somewhere?
Reply to: #971040 by JESSS
Feb 5, 2019 4:25am
Thread Board
Haven't announced yet
Reply to: #971041 by SherlockMiles
Feb 5, 2019 4:33am
Thread Board
We checked out a few options yesterday based on estimated crowd size. Probably message everyone who has signed up later today.

Pete
Who is still here?
Board: State: North Carolina
Feb 5, 2019 4:44am
Thread Board
In the past few days, we have hiked about eight miles, we have found twenty boxes, and we have reconnected with several of our old boxing buddies. Behind the scenes, I have also discovered that some of the folks with whom we used to box are no longer doing it, which leaves me wondering....

Who is still here playing, and how are you doing these days? 😃
Re: Mystery Postal #OK2019A
Board: Postals
Reply to: #971019 by Oberon_Kenobi
Feb 5, 2019 5:16am
Thread Board
One correct answer yesterday. There should be some more today so keep guessing.

Clue 6: New moon
Re: 15th Annual Tucson Letterboxing Gathering: Rodeo
Board: Event News and Planning
Reply to: #971022 by Wronghat
Feb 5, 2019 5:40am
Thread Board
I had (am still having) a terrific letterboxing time. Thanks so much for all the effort that went in to this event.
Reply to: #971035 by kudichan
Feb 5, 2019 6:07am
Thread Board
Aw, I know how it is. I almost never join last minute trackers, so I should know better than to post one last minute! I'll send you my Domo!
Reply to: #971037 by DarkZen and Evil Cow Pie
Feb 5, 2019 6:07am
Thread Board
Awesome! Great to have you!
Re: Bay Area Clock Change Event?
Board: State: California
Reply to: #971028 by Princess Lea
Feb 5, 2019 6:24am
Thread Board
Grumpy Grinch posted one of the clock change events at the Britannia Arms down in Cupertino a few years ago. I thought it went very well and the place was big enough.
Re: What did we miss ABCs?
Reply to: #971039 by RDHG
Feb 5, 2019 7:23am
Thread Board
Box By Blazes to Beautiful Boxes!
Reply to: #971050 by phynstar
Feb 5, 2019 7:37am
Thread Board
Clever clues to concealed container
Welcome to the Current Big Update!
Board: Atlas Quest Announcements
Feb 5, 2019 9:29am
Thread Board
So I took AQ down for about 45 minutes to release the newest "Big Update" of the website. I'd tell you all about it except if you're reading this message... you probably already figured out what I've been working on. ;o)

An update to the message boards was a long time in coming and I basically rewrote it all from the ground up! The main goal was to make the message boards work better with smartphones and other smaller devices, although I had a large list of secondary goals from refactoring the code into something a little cleaner and easier to update in the future (most of the message board code has largely been unchanged for the past 10 years and was badly out of date) and adding a complete set of unit tests so when I do make changes in the future, I can test that I didn't inadvertently break something else unexpectedly. (Or at least reduce the chances of overlooking a bug--since, of course, it's impossible to be be 100% certain that code is 100% bug free.)

For the most part, I'll let you poke around and discover the new message boards on your own. A couple of things I'll point out:

1. You might want to do a page refresh just to make sure your browser is using the new CSS. Especially if something looks really wonky, that's probably the problem. (Unless you're using an older browser in which case things will always look wonky, but they were probably looking wonky before the update.)
  2. You'll find two new message board preferences. One lets you choose how many messages you want to see on a page (from 1 to 99, the default is 30 which is where it's always been). And the option to have direct replies to your posts sent to your AQ mail. (Which is on by default.)

Given the massive size of this update, there are--without a doubt--going to be a few bugs that slipped through the cracks. Please be patient while I fix them! Hopefully the bugs are minor and most of you won't even notice them before I get them fixed. *knock on wood*

Happy trails!

-- Ryan
Re: Welcome to the Current Big Update!
Reply to: #971052 by Green Tortuga
Feb 5, 2019 9:56am
Thread Board
I appreciate the countdown to maintenance. H and I were out letterboxing when I saw it, so I took the opportunity to grab screen shots of a few clues. When the site was down for maintenance, we were still able to continue our hunt!
Where is the “recent threads” tab
Feb 5, 2019 10:28am
Thread Board
I’m guessing one of the bad things about being a webmaster is all the complaints you receive when you update but...

Under “Boards”, did the “recent threads” drop down go away? That was my go-to tab for the forums. If I’m missing something or there is a new better way please help a brother out.

DZ
Feb 5, 2019 10:35am
Thread Board
So far, loving the Board updates! It is nice being able to see siggy stamp images on my phone😀, let alone clearer reading of the font/text. Thanks Ryan!
Feb 5, 2019 10:37am
Thread Board
On iPad, IOS 11.something, all the widgets on 'my page' have lost some or all of the little icons for edit, refresh, etc. I did refresh the page, but nothing changed.
Feb 5, 2019 10:38am
Thread Board
Not sure what all is upside down yet, but it seemed like your signature stamp was :) I'm still in recovery mode from the LL Bean event!
Reply to: #971039 by RDHG
Feb 5, 2019 10:42am
Thread Board
Dizzying display of death-defying distractions by DZECP.